Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-05-20, 08:32 PM  
cyana

Paine - I've been eating boatloads of cukes the past several weeks, since several of my farmers are selling them. I start craving cukes in late spring, so it's like Christmas when they finally arrive at the market. I really like jicama, but hadn't seen it in the stores in a while. Or if they were there, there were massive (and I'd be afraid I wouldn't get it all eaten) or looked like they were half rotten. You're teaching those young men good eating habits!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 08:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I was just researching masks again myself. You'll have to report back on your favorites! You were pretty busy today even if you yin was interrupted!

Paine, I feel similarly about the uncertainty, the devastating impact on the country (and the world), and the not being able to do things, especially now that it's summer (I tend to get FOMO during the summer even when we're not having a pandemic ). I am glad my sister still has her job but feel bad that it's gotten so much more stressful for her.

I'm impressed that both of you caught my parenthetical mention of the book sale.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 09:07 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, my grandsons crack me up! I eat a big salad every day and they want salad with me too. I'm glad they will eat veggies.

Beth, does your mom live near your sister and can she help her out? Your sister really could use some help right now. I hope her ex can watch the kids and help her out too.
I've already accepted that this summer is screwed and there will be no vacation travel or fun outings such as Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, museums or things like that. I'm mainly hoping that my family will stay healthy.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 09:29 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, my mom is close enough to visit my sister, but at 75m away, not close enough to just jump in. She does share custody with her ex, so he has the kids some of the time. One thing that was hard for her yesterday was that it was her weekend without the kids, so she was hoping to rest and rejuvenate, but she had to take a work call that threw her off.

I hope we all stay healthy! If we can do that and move through this, hopefully we will find some kind of other side.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-06-20, 10:06 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 1317

I didn't care for CS 1317. I think the moves doing upper clock then suddenly collapsing down could cause injury if you aren't careful. Miranda did that again later doing airplane then suddenly collapsing down--I have to be very careful with that movement.

Beth, maybe once your mom retires, she can help your sister by either staying with her for a few days or taking the kids to her house for a weekend. Your sister needs some down time.
It is 76 F here today so I have on a tank top and shorts.
Old 07-06-20, 07:02 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, my mom is not a young grandma like you! She's in her mid-70s; it's harder for her to handle the kids more than babysitting for a night. Plus I think she'd be more worried about spending time with the kids than just my sister since the kids have been exposed to other households.

Today was the first day I didn't exercise since mid-March!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-06-20, 07:12 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Got in an XLAW this morning, and for

Today's Workout: I did the Abs & Waist routine from Essentrics Body Sculpting Series with Sahra.

Cyana: I purchased two masks with pockets which came with a couple of filters. Haven't tried those masks with the filters inserted yet. You can buy extra filters but they seem pricey. I've read you can insert a folded tissue in the pocket also. To be honest, I find fabric masks kind of challenging to breathe through even without a filter, so I only wear them for short periods like a grocery store run. For work, where I have one on for five hours straight, I prefer the paper masks (which my library provides).

Paine: I've been feeling bad for you in that you moved to an area so rich in cultural and entertainment options yet haven't been able to visit them yet! Re CS Season 13, while I enjoyed it on the whole, I'm honestly feeling doubtful about if/when I might want to work through it again.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-20, 08:23 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Beth, you hardly ever miss a day exercising!
I understand about your mom. There are some young grandmas (in their 40's) that never want to babysit! Some grandparents have no desire to baby-sit grandchildren.

Sandra, I know--we are missing out on many cultural resources out here!
I have one more episode of Season 13 left. It will probably be a long time before I work through Season 13 again. I thought Season 13 was much better than Season 12 but I I like Season 11 more than Season 13, only because Season 11 had a lot more episodes that I marked as "favorites".
Old 07-06-20, 08:33 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ugh, 500 error! Will return tomorrow.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-06-20, 08:35 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Trying once more, this time to add an article about stretching. The study had a small sample size (39) but interesting results!
https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articl...e-heart-health

Follow me @YogiBethC