Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-20, 06:30 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - The Best Thing About the Future Is That It Comes 1 Day at a Time 7/5

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 06:50 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Abraham Lincoln seemed like a splendid choice for the theme today.

Last night, we watched A Capitol Fourth, the 4th of July show on PBS, and it finally felt like the 4th of July. We don't have too much planned for today. I need to do some cooking and a load of laundry might be advisable. Exciting times.

I write a lot of notes anyway to friends and family and have for years. It's something I enjoy doing.

Dede - We had fireworks going off around us last night. I stepped out onto our front porch and smelled it. There seemed to be a lot going off in the next neighborhood over, which here means it's not far. I hope it all worked out okay for you. Sorry about the dryer. We always say that about appliances - quitting the day after the warranty expires.

Paula - Yeah, I flinch when I hear about a large gathering and the seemingly inevitable virus spread afterward. I'm sure your husband appreciates being able to go home nad sleep in his own bed rather than stay in the hospital.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-05-20, 07:56 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm planning on getting Gus his walk before it hits the 90s again today. Otherwise kind of putzing around again - I did get my garage decluttered - yay! Still haven't mowed, but might do it today. Lots of fireworks going off in the neighborhood last night in every direction till about 12 am - luckily Gus stays pretty cool about it, unlike my first dog, Cosmo, who would be terrified and run away if he could.

Laura, I enjoy the water lilies at the park I walk Gus in as well as my back yard little water feature . I have nice pink blooms just about every day! Cool that you found a nice pen pal at the senior center! Our local CBS also had a televised fireworks show, but it was on their internet version rather than their regular TV - I missed it. Thanks for getting us started this week!

Paula, it was weird with all the closings and cancellations for the holiday . We're still having video sermons here also - the church I listen to has a lot of very elderly people and is also close to the Lake Street destruction several weeks ago. Luckily their building stayed OK.

Dede, I don't mind the big city firework show in THAT direction, but I'm not a fan of fireworks EVERY direction like this year. I'm sorry you're having problems with the Speed Queen - I recommended that brand for you . Mine's been doing fine for about a decade now - I've got the old series with no computer parts in it. I hope they can get out and fix it for you soon!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 08:19 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a pleasant day. Didn't go outside at all. With it being hot, I am just not very motivated to go outside. I need to find a way to get around that trend.

Anita - We'll see if I get anything back. They apparently had a big response. I hope he does write back. The water lilies are pretty and they are so different from anything else - at least, around here. Glad you can see some, too.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-06-20, 08:46 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's a rainy, hot and humid day today! I'll still be walking Gus with or without the rain. I did get a lot of decluttering done yesterday in the garage and down in my basement with bike stuff (most went with my previous bike, not fitting the current one). My garbage can is FULL for pickup today. Today I'll be reading some stuff regarding a co-housing seminar that my friends will be participating in and reading up on doing an audit for a professional group I belong to - at least I don't need to practice veterinary toxicology to do the audit. I assume the rains will stop so I'll get some weed pulling in also.

Paula, hope you find us here for this week's posts . We had some fireworks going off last night also, but certainly not on the scale of 4th of July individuals.

Laura, thanks for catching Paula and directing her here! I'm sure the pen pal project will give that guy a lot of work, but I'm sure he's got others in that senior housing complex that will be interested in getting into that also. They've probably been going a bit nuts with all the isolation they've had for Covid-19. I'll change my avatar to my water lilies .

Anita
Old 07-06-20, 01:19 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a busy day. I got up and went to two grocery stores. First was Food Lion where I went last week because they carry one type of food that DH likes and that one thing was the one thing I forgot to look for while there. So, I went there to get that and then I went to Publix and bought the main list of things I needed. As I headed home, Whole Foods delivered the order I placed last night and DH took that delivery.

Once we got everything put up, I did a Jessica workout, Steppin' Strength. That's a favorite of mine of Jessica's. It just flows. I had spaghetti left over from something else and was going to make white clam sauce to go with it. I got into the recipe and found I had no clams. I cannot remember a time when I didn't have canned clams on my shelf. I called Mom and Dad and they had what I needed, so I ran and picked those up. It was excellent, so it was worth the running around getting the clams.

I'm not sure what I'll get into this afternoon. This evening, I have a tutoring session.

Anita - Your water lilies are beautiful. It sounds like youhave plenty to do today. Yeah, I thought as I had time that I would write some other people from the nursing home and see who writes back. Like you said, at the very least, I can provide some entertainment for them with a letter. Yeah, hopefully Paula will find her way here tonight.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-07-20, 06:29 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Nothing is on the calendar today. I hope to get some stuff done on the organization front. I need to start using a planner to try to get stuff done. I also may work on organizing my office some. DH is working on taxes and I may need to work on some records for him.

Everyone have a good day!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-07-20, 07:52 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and putzing around the house and garden. I'm trying to get a call in to my ortho clinic to schedule my hip replacement surgery - I did get clearance from BCBS to use one of their facilities! Yay! Update: I'm now scheduled for Aug 21st for my hip replacement surgery. I've got a dental cleaning scheduled for this afternoon so I'll be out 30 days before my surgery. My friends should be moving in on the first week of August (so I cancelled an Aug 7 proposition). Eeeek! Things are moving forward!

Laura, I'd say its pretty safe to say no clams in my house! I think I've done one clam dish in about twenty years here and never before. I do buy clam chowder already made though... Nice that you were able to get a run to your parents pay off for clams! Good luck on your organizational front! I've been doing some decluttering and there are some folders in my filing cabinet I'd need to weed out. I've been doing really well on the decluttering side. I think my friends will have a lot of storage when they move in in about a month.

Anita
Old 07-07-20, 08:50 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Leslie Sansone's Pilates You Can Do followed by Yoga with Adriene - Yoga for Equestrians. Also a neighborhood walk with DH.

Laura, nothing big on our calendar today either. DH went to the boat and I hung out at home planting annuals. Finally decided we needed a dash of color in our yard.

Anita, My DH is having his biopsy on the 21st also, so I'll have both of you to keep my fingers crossed for - hope both procedures go well.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 06:52 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yesterday turned from a quiet peaceful day to one with lots of phone calls and planning. I'll be having the hip replacement in August on the 21st - my friends will be moving in here on about the 7th, so that will be nice having some time to get them familiar with the house. I did get my dental work done so I'm set for 6 months on that and its not interfering with my surgery. I also got my physical exam pre surgery scheduled. I still need to find a walker to use afterwards.

Today is another hot and humid one - I'll be working at the WRC this morning with ducklings. I'm hoping they'll be done by the time I have surgery. Otherwise hoping to pick up groceries and walk Gus a bit.

Paula, you're lucky to still have annuals - I held off until after my driveway got put in, but lots of the little centers in parking lots were already closing up. I'm sure the big garden centers still stock them, but haven't visited there. I'm just figuring on having a less decorated yard this year. Your DH is waiting till August for his biopsy? I hope its July instead...

Anita