Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-30-20, 11:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

July 2020 Yoga Cross Trainers: Summer breeze makes me feel fine....

“Summer breeze makes me feel fine,
blowing through the jasmine in my mind.”
~Seals & Crofts

A warm welcome to all as we move forward into the heart of summer!

If you’d like more yoga in your life, you’re in the right place! Whether yoga is your first love or a welcome addition to your other workouts, feel free to roll out your mat & join us. We enjoy a wide variety of activities along with yoga, Qi Gong, & meditation.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 07:59 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Thank you for starting our July check-in Pam.

And a Happy Canada Day to you!

I hope to check off more boxes on my challenge chart this month. I took the really easy path in June. At least I accomplished a lot of walks and got serious with PT and Pilates again.

Hello everyone!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 12:32 PM  
sherry7899

Happy Canada Day, Pam!! Thank you for starting the thread.

This morning I did:

Soul Sweat with Misa "Carefree" class 64 minutes
Blissasana Yoga Hip Openers (you tube) this was a nice 20 minute practice

I may try cardio from you tube tomorrow just for variety.

I will try to do personals later.

Have a great day!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 12:57 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

We had a low key but enjoyable Canada Day, went for a walk wearing our red Canada shirts and toasted with a glass of wine on the deck later. No public celebrations going on.

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~neighbourhood walk
~20 min cardio & toning intervals on the maxi glider
~20 min freestyle rebounding

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 07-02-20, 08:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, yesterday featured day 2 of the Lee Holden Qigong Challenge and a full body premix from KCM Weights. From now on I'll choose premixes that have no standing core - they are very tweaky on this one, I had to modify so much that I just did stability ball crunches for those.

Blasting by - have a great day!
Old 07-02-20, 11:12 AM  
sherry7899

Today's workout:

Yoga Ranger Hip to be Squared. I enjoyed it. I need to try more of her practices

Soul Sweat with Misa-Confident class-60 minutes

I hope everyone has a great day!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 12:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~Neighbourhood walk
~WOW: 30 min walk
~Practiced Essentrics stretch sequences
~Yin hip stretches, my right hip is bugging me

Pat - I hope your back is okay, I find KCM does not agree with my back.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 07-03-20, 07:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I tried a dust bunny / virgin last night - Trudie Styler Strengthen & Restore Yoga. It was different - not traditional vinyasa but a lot of dance inspired flowing movement between horse stance and the various warriors. There was a standing splits section that I FF'd.

Pam, I hope your hip feels better soon.

Thanks Sherry, I'll check out that Yoga Ranger hip practice soon.

I have the day off and have a load of chores to do!
Old 07-03-20, 11:54 AM  
cyana

Happy Friday

I've pretty much repeated last week so far - upper body weights one day, lower body the next with a daily dose of 50 stability ball crunches, 20 back extensions on the ball, all out sprint on the rebounder while listening to Vehicle by Leonid & Friends on YT. And then a health bounce while listening to Beginnings by Leonid & Friends as a cool down. And a breath meditation morning and evening. Since I have the day off, I'm going to do a longer work-out this afternoon and shake up the routine and engage in some cross training.

I've been doing better as far as getting in bed at a reasonable hour and I'm starting to consistently wake up earlier, so even though I feel like it's been baby steps, it seems to be working.

Pam - Wow, Summer Breeze takes me back many years! It was such a sweet summer song. Happy Belated Canada Day to you! Those right hips must be engaged in some sort of sneaky cyber-communication, as mine has been especially grumpy most of the week.

Pat - Wow, I haven't pulled out my Trudie Styler (and James) DVD in years. I really like KCM, but also have to watch some of her moves, as my back finds them tweaky. So will there be a bunch of holiday intruders on your beaches this week-end? I have to admit, I was rather dismayed at the number of co-workers who have group celebrations planned for this week-end, as some of them are in areas where the numbers are really climbing.

Sherry - I checked out Ashley's YT channel (saw your post on GD).....one day when I'm feeling remotely coordinated I'd like try one of her work-outs. She looks like so much fun! Hip to Be Squared sounds like it would be right up my alley, too, since this has been the week of the wonky hip. Do you have plans for this week-end?

Waves to Kate (hope your son is doing well and that you've been able to spend time with him), Margot (sending your hands some healing vibes) and Jackie.

I'm going to shop for some masks on-line this week-end......those paper faux-surgical masks are too hot for summer!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 06:23 PM  
cyana

Argh. I might have fallen down the world's deepest rabbit hole this afternoon. My assignment for today was to try to find some reusable masks, so I got on Etsy, which I haven't spent much time on. There are millions of people (only a very slight exaggeration!) selling masks. I had several in my cart and was still browsing and the site got locked up and I had to totally back out - which meant my cart was emptied out, and I'd spent a considerable amount of time on there already. I said to heck with that, and it will have to be a project for another day!!!

Today's work-out (not as long as I'd intended, thanks to my Etsy adventure):
YT - Beth's (Toaster) new Lower Body Yoga practice (cat assisted )
YT - Hip to Be Square(d) - Yoga for Happy Hips - Yoga Ranger
YT - 15 Minute Guided Meditation to Find Peace in Uncertain Times - Boho Beautiful

I may try to do a little rebounding after my dinner digests.

Sherry - I was happy that Aprile offered modifications for Fire Log as that's truly one of my nemesis poses, thanks to my wonky hip.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote