Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-20, 08:57 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, sorry your haircut situation wasn't optimal. Did you get a good haircut though?

I'm using my DVDs for the slim in 6 express workouts. I prefer DVDs. Today I did Core Cardio Express, definitely did not need a rest day. My beachbody on demand membership is still there, but they don't have Keep it Up anymore, so I'm glad I have that DVD. And later this month I still plan to re-visit LIIFT 4.

In my zoom book club meeting last Saturday, someone mentioned the local labyrinth. I've been there, but the last time before today was 20 years ago. My best friend from choir and I have missed each other, and phone calls just aren't that much fun. She had never been to the labyrinth and really liked it; wants to go again. After the walk, we found benches in the shade and had a masked conversation. Her husband's birthday is the 4th of July, and he'll miss fireworks. There won't be any around here except for some annoying neighbors with small yet noisy things.

Diana, glad your DH is taking care of his health issues. It seems to me that it's easier to get a dog to the vet than a man to the doctor.

DD's store is closed for national holidays, so we'll be home on Saturday. We almost never have hot dogs, but like them. We plan to have hot dogs, baked beans, and coleslaw and bake peach pies. The produce man chose peaches for us.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 07:32 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend! Stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 09:11 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes (this was quite a good and challenging one) and added on the 10 minute Blogilates inner thigh, which is getting a bit easier.

Cynthia, is that a meditative labyrinth? Sounds like a nice way to socialize safely. And yes, the haircut was nice, though definitely not optimal on the safety front, which was disappointing. Sounds like you and DD have a nice day planned.

Diana, yay for DH going to the doctor! Men can be so difficult. My DH got himself in a lot of trouble delaying in that way, but he did turn around after that.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 09:29 AM  
lynnf

at least the haircut was quick -- he only takes 10-15 minutes, so that is a safety plus.
Old 07-03-20, 10:43 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn yes, nice & meditative. Very soothing. A copy of the one at the cathedral of Chartres.
Old 07-03-20, 10:53 AM  
lynnf

Wow, that's really cool. If only we could go to Chartres! My DH and I subscribed to the French channel on our cable, so we watch French news and movies now. It was a bit hard getting our French back up to speed and we still have our moments, especially when they were going over the municipal elections (the Greens swept them, Macron's party did not do well, nor did the Right), but we have been picking up steam. Many of the movies are subtitled, which is quite useful, of course, but the news isn't.
Old 07-03-20, 04:49 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Slim Series Express Cardio Sculpt and 6 min abs.
Old 07-03-20, 09:11 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone! Happy 4th!

Check-In: 1 hr outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-04-20, 05:37 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Independence Day!

I woke at 4:30 this morning! I felt warm like I was having a bit of a hot flash. I haven't done that in a while but it's started back the last couple of weeks. Not fun. We are going on a day trip today. We are going back to Murrells Inlet to eat dinner.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend! Stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-04-20, 05:31 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

DD and I baked 2 peach pies this morning. Then she took one to her boyfriend's family, who wanted to see her on the 4th. I'm waiting until she gets back and we have our holiday dinner, trying not to cut into it before dessert time.

Check-in: Keep it Up.

Later: oh my. I waited until after dinner. I had a second piece right away. When I was much younger, I used to bake a pie every week. Now I only do it for holidays & potlucks. We still have holidays; I'll be glad when we can have potlucks again.