Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-20, 07:50 AM  
Carol K

Still not binge-watching. Last night I watched this week's episode of Chicago Fire, which I had recorded. Then I watched Death in Paradise.
Old 04-12-20, 08:41 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

So, we've taken advantage of the Shudder Channel trial and are enjoying Joe Bob Briggs' Last Drive-in Theater.
JOE BOB BRIGGS!!!!!!

My gosh, boob count, blowed up good count. You can't go wrong with his recommendations!
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 10:43 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
JOE BOB BRIGGS!!!!!!

My gosh, boob count, blowed up good count. You can't go wrong with his recommendations!
I like both Elvira and Joe Bob for cheesy movie fun. Elvira is funnier, but the movie nerd in me loves all the trivia Joe Bob digs up about each film.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 07:25 PM  
horusosiris

I have been watching the Netflix series The English Game. I did not think that I would like it but after the first episode I was pleasantly surprised.

I am also enjoying the Netflix series Self Made- A series about the first African American millionaire, Madam C.J. Walker
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 04:25 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

The Crown - about QEII and the House of Windsor. still so relevant - the abdication for example which is the original Meghxit.

Blue Bloods.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 04:46 PM  
Carol K

I've been streaming foreign series from PBS Passport. Just finished season 1 of Professor T (in Flemish) and just started season 1 of Modus (in Swedish). But I only watch one episode per night.
Old 06-26-20, 07:52 PM  
bubbles76

Just started watching Doc Martin last weekend. Hope to get to some of it this weekend.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 08:14 PM  
JeepGirl

I just started watching Yellowstone on Prime. Last night I texted my cousin to tell her I’d found a great new show—we swap recommendations back and forth—and she and her hub were watching it too. So good!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 08:16 PM  
Harivelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I just binged The Durrells in Corfu. Now I'm rewatching Mr. Selfridge and then it'll be Poldark and maybe Call the Midwife.

That should keep me busy for a while.
I love the Durrells series. It reminds me of one of Gerry's books I had as a child. If you like Selfridge you'd probably love The BBC's The Paradise.It's based on the French novel Au bonheur des dames/Ladies' Paradise by Emile Zola. I don't know if it's available on streaming anywhere because I saw it on DVD a few years ago. Here's a sample on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwJ7Lm_XSBg

I finished bingeing the 6 seasons of the Thriller series on Prime. It a UK horror/mystery/thriller series from the mid-70s.
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 08:42 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've been watching The Silent Witness on Britbox. Not something you can binge watch because it's pretty intense but I'm addicted to this series. When I want something lighter, then I watch The Queens of Mystery on AcornTV.

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic