Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-02-21, 02:29 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catahoula Cate View Post
So I'm going to work on deleting a certain number each month to get it down to a reasonable size and I can't add any unless I delete one for each addition.
Good luck with that !!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 03:06 PM  
Leonana

Welcome Laura!

I never listed goals, but wanted to join the group with my Collage forum friends. But it does remind me to accomplish things. I do want to work out six days a week and eat healthier.

In other parts of life, I need to cook more often and try to save money on eating out and groceries. I'm good about cleaning, organizing and decluttering, I kind of enjoy it. But I am not fond of cooking, unfortunately!
Old 01-02-21, 05:07 PM  
Vantreesta

Sherry, this year has been hard on the grocery budget. I apologized to hubby that I've been spending more but he wasn't upset bc grocery prices have gone up since the pandemic. I've also been buying frozen fruit and nuts and those really add to the bill too.

Katie, I'm not as bad with YouTube but I keep following more and more podcasts and can't possibly listen to everything! I've managed to unfollow 3 so far, I think.

Well I certainly didn't mean to take a 2 1/2 hour nap this afternoon. I should have taken the remote when hubby offered and finished the 4th Twilight movie. I was trying to make myself work on my goals and planning stuff though and not having luck. That's unusual for me so I kind of figured my brain must be tired.

I will have to do my workout after supper now. I have really gotten out of the habit of working out on the wknd since I stopped working. I planned just short things for wknds this month to see if I can get back to it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 09:16 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Laura, welcome to the group! Cleaning is high on my list too (I scaled back my goals the last two months) as it is my "job" and I am not good at it. I quit my job nearly two years ago and the deal I made with hubby was that I would keep the house clean in exchange for not having to go back to work right away. I need to do a better job holding up my end.
I once did the opposite. Back in the day, I left a corporate marketing job and spent some time figuring out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. After some time, DH told me that we wouldn't be able to afford having someone to come in and clean the house if I didn't find a better paying job. He didn't care which way I went, he just was sharing our financial situation. Within 2 months, I had landed and started my first training job.

I actually got stuff done on my planner yesterday getting set up for the year. I don't care if it takes me some time. I just want to make progress. DH and I went for a walk and I made my step goal, something that I hadn't done much since Christmas. And I did some everyday cleaning tasks - laundry, kitchen, etc.

Thanks for the welcome.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 10:16 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Good luck with that !!
Thanks! I'm a youtube exercise junkie. I'll need the luck!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 05:14 PM  
Vantreesta

Well, I can at least get my workouts posted!

Fri 1/1 177 minutes
15 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge days 18 and 19) F-AM 1st time
14 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 1 Winter Wonderland Workout, YT) F-AM 1st time
30 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 2 Full Body Workout-20 Calorie Burning Moves, YT) F-AM 1st time
16 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 3, YT) (Sadhana day 1) F-AM 1st time
17 minutes (from Crossrope 14-Day Beginner's Challenge day 13) F-PM 1st time
30 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 4 At Home Indoor Walking Workout & Full Body Walking Exercises, YT) F-PM 1st time
55 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.59 mi)

Sat 1/2 47 minutes
47 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.09 mi)

Sun 1/3 26 minutes
26 minutes (from 2 dog walks 1.71 mi)

Mon 1/4 92 minutes
8 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 20) M-AM 1st time
16 minutes (from Crossrope 14-Day Beginner's Challenge day 14!) M-AM 1st time
11 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 3 Full Body Workout 10 Minute HIIT, YT) M-AM 1st time
15 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 4, YT) (Sadhana day 4) M-AM 1st time
42 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.03 mi)

Tue 1/5 130 minutes
15 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 5, YT) (Sadhana day 5) T-AM 1st time
15 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge days 21 and 22) T-AM 1st time
17 minutes (from 1.5 miles Dark Horse Rowing: Rowvember day 5 half of Intermediate Drills-Fix You Posture (hated it) and then 10 Minute Sprint Pyramid) T-AM subbed YT
19 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope Challenge day 1) T-AM 1st time
10 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 5 Standing Ab Workout, YT) T-AM 1st time
54 minutes (from 3 dog walks 4.01 mi)

Wed 1/6 0 minutes
19 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 6, YT) (Sadhana day 6) W-AM 1st time
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 23) W-AM 1st time
23 minutes (from 2.6 miles Dark Horse Rowing: Rowvember day 6) W-AM
18 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 6 -7 Minute Walking Workout & 4 Minute Toning, YT) W-AM 1st time
24 minutes (from S. Starr Happy Yoga S1E1 Forest Cove, TV) W-AM 1st time

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-07-21, 10:26 AM  
Vantreesta

Today's intention: I will mindfully move from task to task, focusing on gratitude that I have a home to clean.

Today's action list:
Finish taking down Christmas DONE SAT
Vacuum DONE SAT
Kitchen laundry

ETA: After my workouts, lunch and shower I was so tired I decided to take a 20 minute nap and woke up almost 2 1/2 hours later. I'll work on undecorating when I finish supper.

Old 01-07-21, 07:58 PM  
Leonana

I’ve been doing better at cooking this week. Unfortunately, all three of us have different tastes and I don’t have a lot of options. I make dh’s favorites when dd works late. I need to find more recipes.

Bought some dvds at Goodwill and Thriftbooks. I’ve been enjoying trying them out, although I end up keeping just a few.

Vannie, great job on the workouts.
Old 01-08-21, 10:58 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Great job on all the workouts Vannie!

Sherry, great that you've gotten some new dvd's to try out at a good price. Hope you find some keepers.

I got a couple good walks in yesterday and did a segment of Ballet Body with Jennifer Galardi. This is an old time fav that I haven't done in a long time. It was fun. Today we have a little bit of snow. It's very pretty.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 11:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday's workouts:
Thu 1/7 127 minutes
16 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 7, YT) (Sadhana day 7) R-AM 1st time
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 24) R-AM 1st time
22 minutes (from Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope Challenge day 2) W-AM 1st time
8 minutes (from 1.0 mile Dark Horse Rowing: Rowvember day 7) R-AM
11 minutes (from L. Wyndham-Read Fitness Advent Calendar day 7 -7 Minute Leg Workout with Inner Thigh & Glute, YT) R-AM 1st time
63 minutes (from 2 dog walks 4.12 mi)

Never did workout today. Our walks totaled just under 5 miles.

I have a plan now for posting. Daily workout post on all my check ins and rotating which thread I do personals on so hopefully I'm replying on each one once a week. Maybe I can keep up that way.