Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-29-20, 12:38 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Wednesday evening I finished up Margaret Richard's Good 'N Strong. Yesterday was a rest day. I gave myself a break between finishing up a nagging project at work, and then my book club's first meeting since February! Most of us gathered on Google meet and had a raucous good time. We're planning to get back on track with virtual meetings until things return to "normal."
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 10:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Neighbourhood walk
~BellyFit Alchemista: Strength of Vessel - I won this new set in an Instagram contest. I now have all the BellyFit media out there, lol. I look forward to doing the rest of the set.
~Steps: 9147

Pat - It’s not like meeting in person, but virtual gatherings are the best we’ve got these days! My book club is meeting virtually too, although only about half the group are participating. It’s just nice to connect!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 06:23 AM  
Rhonda

Hi everyone,
Fitbop - I joined Peloton a few years ago and I enjoy the classes. I have done a peloton class everyday now since last Thanksgiving. They have so many to choose from. I enjoy the yoga classes also, ranging from 10 minutes - way longer than I like.

Treadmill classes are 10, 20, 30, 45, 60 minutes. 10 minute ones are usually warm-up or cool-downs. Since I like to do different instructors I will put together 20 or 30 minute classes on the weekends for a full 60 minute class. They have power walks, hikes, walk/runs, fun walks. If your a runner (or not) they also have the running category. I find that some of the beginner interval classes are just like the walk/run in the walking category.

If music is your thing, they have different music.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Thursday workout was Perfect 30 total body. It was good but I think I need to try the full upper body workout as it seems like Cathe kept some good exercises out of the total body. It was good for a quick total body workout though. I wasn't totally prepared and missed a couple reps here and there.

Friday workout was powerstrike 4.

Each day I do my best to get in 10,000 steps. It is easier when I am working from home as I can move (put in a walking DVD, hop on the treadmill, get on the rebounder) and do something for 15-20 minutes. When I go to the office I am a bit more at my desk even though I do try to get up and move.

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Friday!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 09:27 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Has anyone tried our own Toaster / Beth's YouTube channel? You should! I tried one of her meditations last night and loved it. Beth also teaches yoga classes, and has a beautiful soothing voice.

YogiBethC

After that I did the Doo-Wop workout from Jane Fonda's Firm & Burn, it was so fun.

TGIF everyone.
Old 10-30-20, 12:17 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Has anyone tried our own Toaster / Beth's YouTube channel? You should! I tried one of her meditations last night and loved it. Beth also teaches yoga classes, and has a beautiful soothing voice.
Beth has a wonderful voice for yoga and meditation!

Confession time: I rarely do yoga anymore. (But, I do wear yoga pants most days.)

Thursday was 3 miles from Leslie's Miracle Miles set. It has an abs and legs strength focus.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 02:06 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

whoops
Old 10-30-20, 02:07 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Confession time: I rarely do yoga anymore. (But, I do wear yoga pants most days.)
Alta - wearing yoga pants has been incorporated into the Eight Limbs.
Old 10-30-20, 05:59 PM  
Hsim

Alta - I say if you are cooped up indoors yoga pants are an essential! I wear them most days but try for jeans at least one or 2 days a week.

weds - MD Body fit 360 Athletic conditioning. I love this but it is so challenging.
Thurs - tired so needed KCM 30 min Body Training segment 2
Fri - 2 mile run in the afternoon on my treadmill. Horrible weather in NY with rain for 2 days.
Hsim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 07:27 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Hi all - Happy Friday!

Thursday I did Prevention Walk Your Way Slim with Michelle Dozois. It's one of her "pick your level" workouts. It had been over a year since I did it last and I'd forgotten how much I like it. I was mostly at level 2, with Michelle, but sometimes level 1. After that was Perfect 30 Mobility. I'm happy to report that I liked it a lot. The last exercise though, Scorpion, was a little bit uncomfortable. Something to work on or find a substitute I suppose.

Today was just a walk with my dog Poppy. It was sunny here today after raining all week. I didn't dress warm enough though and it was windy so had to cut the walk short. Should have worn a scarf and gloves!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 07:46 PM  
Hattie
VF Supporter

Thank you, Abbe for starting this check-in and to all of you for giving me added incentive to work out. I am Bea and am 79. I joined the present VF forum not long after it started. I haven’t been on a check-in for quite some time and only occasionally post on the GD.

I have not been as regular with my fitness program the past few months. Prior to the pandemic I was going to the Y for water jogging classes twice a week and to the Senior Center once a week for yoga and worked out at home every day. I was down in the dumps from mid March to the end of April as my 5 year old dog was very sick during that time. She was finally diagnosed with stage 5 lymphoma and put to sleep. I was still exercising after she was gone but not as much as in the past. I got a puppy in Aug. She picked up my spirits somewhat and helps a lot with my steps for the fitbit. I am finally back on track doing more but am not as strong as I was earlier this year. The Y water classes started up last month and the instructor for the Senior Center held weekly outdoor yoga classes three weeks ago and is now doing them inside.

My schedule for this past week has been:
Sun Perfect 30 Lower Body, Qi Gong Balance
Mon Perfect 30 Upper Body, & Ext. Stretch, Qi Gong 30 day Challenge #10
Tues Water Jogging Workout, Perfect 30 Mobility Flow, Qi Gong 30 day Challenge #11
Wed Perfect 30 Hiit Low Impact & Core , Qi Gong 30 day Challenge #12
Thur Water Jogging Workout
Fri Fit Tower Total Body, Qi Gong 30 day Challenge #13

Tomorrow I plan to do: Perfect 30 Hiit High Impact (modified), Qi Gong Balance

Maybe I was having an off day, but I did not feel the flow in Perfect 30 Mobility Flow and the stretches, ones I am familiar with and done often, bothered my joints a lot. I liked the other Perfect 30 workouts.

Tags
check in, check-in, coronavirus, covid, covid-19, new check-in, pandemic, social fitnessing