Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-25-21, 11:14 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. I woke up with that awful feeling of anxious dread and doom for some reason. This hasn't happened in quite a while. Not sure what's up. I'm hoping it's just bc my hamstrings hurt more than usual, the fingertips on my right hand have been kind of numb since lifting weights on Saturday and the toilet seems to be clogged, and not bc smthg actually bad is on the horizon. I need to get outside for our walk and see if I can shake the feeling.

Wed and Thu I don't think I worked it at all. I was in such a state of waiting and wondering if I would need to go stay with my father-in-law and I am VERY bad at being in that state! His treatment on Wed went fine and so far he is still feeling some sick and very tired but nothing worse than that. Praying it stays that way. I really appreciate everyone's prayers and good thoughts for him.

Friday I did workout some. Trying to remember what I did though! I think I did another Tae Bo Express workout, a Barre3 segment and Rodney's AM Yoga for Your Week hip openers. My phone was almost dead and rapidly going down even while plugged in so I wasn't able to do Rowvember (the intervals were set in an app on my phone) or Fightmaster yoga (no internet so no YouTube). Saturday I did Crossrope day 5, Perfect 30 Upper Body (I didn't like the premix with the upper body bonus bc it felt so disjointed and more rushed since it interjects the bonus exercises into the main workout) and the next day of Fightmaster. Yesterday was a big fat nothing! I slept in till 9 and still ended up taking a 2 hour nap. I worked on my workout catalog/spreadsheet and thought I had index cards for every workout until I sorted and found many still don't have them. Groan. I love doing it but I never seem to get it all done. Many still don't have physical location listed either but I'm not working on that till I can actually get them reorganized like I want.

We got another 6-7" of snow on Saturday. When I took Cyric out to do his business first thing yesterday morning the snow was almost up to his belly! I think we should have enough to kind of snowshoe now so my goal for this week is to find the energy to load up my gear and Cyric an go to the nearby state park to snowshoe a little. He has never gotten to go. D'Argo and Chianna always seemed to enjoy it. Well, I KNOW Chianna did being a snow dog!

Mell, I'm so sorry about your friend. Praying for comfort for your family and your friend's family and loved ones. I love that you're spending time with your granddaughters like that! I am grateful for technology to keep us connected when we can't physically be together.

Katie, I'm so glad Belle and Trooper are accepting Scout so well. I wasn't sure how Belle would do. They are such busybodies when they're that young!

Laura and MT, I hope you're both recovering well from your procedures.

Sherry, I have thought about trying to find a volunteer job but I find myself always bucking at the thought of being on someone else's schedule again! If I could just do it when I felt like it I would be fine! Clearly I am struggling with commitment and selfishness!

Anita, where are you??

Regarding YouTube videos, I noticed today that I have 99 liked videos. Is that what you guys mean by saving them? I had no idea I had "liked" that many! I have subscribed to quite a few channels and should probably go through them and let go of some.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 12:51 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I can't remember if you have used Sports Injury Physio on YouTube or not. They do talk a fair amount about running, which I know you don't do, but they have so much great info on glutes and high hamstring tendinopathy and other good stuff. I just saw some long videos on HHT that I really need to find time to watch. I spent way too much time on the floor the last few days and my tendons are extremely angry about it.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-26-21, 09:44 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, I have not checked out Sports Injury Physio before. I reviewed their site briefly and it looks good. I will look into it more tomorrow. I have checked out Sports Injury clinic and maybe got the two confused in the past. There isn't much on Sports Injury Clinic that I can relate to. For saving videos on youtube, I created a playlist I call Rehab that is private so no one else can see it on my channel. I can add or subtract from it. Whenever I "like" a video, youtube automatically adds those to a "liked" list. I have over 340 liked videos but not all are exercise. I doubt I'll do anything with those. I really don't have a lot of subscriptions but I still end up saving a lot of videos.

Great that you got enough snow to consider snowshoeing! We have been cold but not a whole lot of snow. Enough to cover the ground. Scout is showing that he'll be a good snow dog too. Our previous aussie's sure loved winter. He continues to be VERY puppy busy but also very good. Belle does zoomies around him outside and it's so fun to watch. Hard to believe it's been 2 weeks.

re: your waking up with anxious dread...the other day, I woke up feeling pretty good waking up and then shortly after, felt a sense of stress for most of the day. Maybe I shouldn't have turned on the news. lol. But there have been a variety of passing on and health issues with family and friends and some days that is more unsettling than others. I hope you get a chance to go snowshoeing and see how Cyric does. It sounds like a lot of fun! Hugs!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 08:46 PM  
Leonana

I decided to work out with Jessica's WS 3 to push myself some. Although, I didn't do anything yesterday, but I did a strength workout Monday and will do one this evening.

Vannie, I hope you are feeling better. I wake up feeling anxious most mornings, then feel better once I get up. It's a stressful situation nowadays. I hope your fil is doing better.

Katie, I do something similar on You Tube, and make playlists. I have a lot though! My categories are cardio, strength, stretch, yoga, etc.
Old 01-28-21, 12:11 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. Sorry I didn't post yesterday after feeling all gloom and doom the day before. Yesterday and today have been much better. Monday I finally convinced myself to do Rowvember day 10. I couldn't mentally muster anything more but I was happy I didn't bail completely. I've pretty much convinced myself the numbness in my fingers is a carpal tunnel type thing. I shredded a 3 lb roast and by the time I was finished all my fingers were numb, and it reminded me that when I worked at the ice cream shoppe in college the same thing would happen on nights I had to chop a lot of veggies for pizzas. I had some problems with pain in my right wrist when I was at my last job until I bought a mouse pad with gel wrist rest. Plus my dad and all his siblings have had carpal tunnel syndrome and Dad is the only one who hasn't had surgery for it. I freak out anytime I have unusual symptoms bc I'm so scared it could be ALS. Dad reminded me that if I live in fear of it then the disease wins even when I don't have it. Most of the time I don't let it enter my mind but there are days I can't fight the thoughts about it even though I know he's right.

My father-in-law said he is feeling much better and isn't even exhausted. So thankful! Our old pastor had been in the hospital with covid then moved to rehab and he got to go home yesterday. More to be grateful for. My grandma got her first vaccination today.

Yesterday before breakfast I did LWR Fitness Advent day 9, which was a short walking type workout, and then Fightmaster day 15. After our walk I ran 1.988 mi on the tm for wk1 day2, which was still run 60 sec walk 90 sec. I bumped up the speed a little on the runs but still not trying to go fast (for me). Then I did a premix of Super Cuts. I was thinking there was smthg else but now I can't remember. This morning before breakfast I did the next days of LWR (short "HIIT" workout which was not actually HIIT) and Fightmaster. After our walk I shoveled for 70 minutes. This was the hardest shoveling bc it was the ice chunks and hard packed snow the snowplow threw onto our sidewalk. It needs about that long again but it's passable for dog and human side by side and I didn't want to push my back too hard. I ended up skipping the rest of my planned workouts after that. My knee is hurting so I figured it was just as well not running and jumping rope on it today. It hasn't bothered me in close to two years so not sure what's going on with it.

Old 01-28-21, 06:19 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, I’m sorry you are stressed. I can imagine it is difficult to not think about. It’s hard to turn off your brain. The numbness in your fingers does sound like carpal tunnel syndrome. I’m glad you are feeling better today. I read that they have made advances with stem cells, so it’s hopeful more treatments are coming soon. ❤️

That’s great your Fil is feeling better and your pastor was able to go home, and that your grandma got her vaccine. It must be a relief to know she’ll have immunity soon.
Old 01-29-21, 10:56 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Katie, I do something similar on You Tube, and make playlists. I have a lot though! My categories are cardio, strength, stretch, yoga, etc.
Sherry, I should have done some categorizing with my playlists like that. I never imagined I'd save so many but I kept finding clips/instructors that were better and would run out of time to find and delete the old ones. I did start a separate category for Qi Gong and have kept it fairly small so far. As I purge my huge "saved" category, I think I'll reorganize in categories like you do.

Vannie, if my alignment issues get stirred up, my body sends me mixed signals too. Pain, sometimes weakness, I thought was gone for good is back and I'm not always sure how to correct it again. It can definitely create an anxiety type roller coaster at times. I wish I had some great tips and advice to send. I just know I have to stay the course and I eventually figure it out again. Hugs!

Not much new on the exercise front. My knees have been feeling a little wonky recently and I think I'll pull out the Strong Knees dvd.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 11:58 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I never did workout. I baked two kinds of cookies and put away laundry and that was pretty much it. This morning before breakfast I did day 11 of Lucy's Fitness Advent calendar (another "HIIT") and Fightmaster yoga day 17. I had a bit of a headache I was hoping wouldn't become a migraine. By this afternoon it hurt worse but still wasn't a migraine so I decided to try working out anyway. I started with Strong Knees 7 Minutes to Save Your Knees then did 2/3 of Rowvember day 11 for 3.2 miles. I think the motion was increasing tension in my upper back and neck making my head worse so I settled on doing that much. Next was 10 minutes on the elliptical for 1.25 mile. By then I gave up hope of running and just hurriedly did Slim & Limber so I could eat and take smthg for my head. It's much better tonight but still a hint of it left. I was laughing out loud at 3rd Rock From the Sun while I was on the rower and elliptical and that felt great even if it didn't improve my headache.

We're under a winter weather advisory. They're calling for freezing drizzle and then, depending on which report you go by, anywhere from 1-8" of snow.

I don't have the mental capacity for personals right now, hoping to on Sunday or Monday.

Old 01-30-21, 04:05 PM  
Leonana

I've done a week of Walk Strong 3 so far. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did the first time. I can see some improvements.

Katie, the problem is I forget what I put on my playlists, lol.

Vannie, we got quite a bit of rain and had some colder weather. It's sunny today.
Old 01-30-21, 07:31 PM  
MathTeacher

Sherry, I bought Walk Strong 3 today. It is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I don't know why I never got it.

Vannie, I hope you are doing better. I'm glad your FIL is doing better.

Katie, How are your wonky knees? My wonky hip is doing fair these days.

I got my first shot yesterday.

I am ready for February. I did not do well in January. Lots of up and down.