Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-21, 01:35 AM  
GypsyRose

Hello!
Today:
Booty Burner Day 6 Side Lying Series
3 Mile Park Walk
YOQI Pai Da Body Patting

It was in the low 70s and humid today. The park walk was nice. An immature bald eagle was bothering some ospreys but they chased him off. The eagle and ospreys flew right in front of my path.

Pat- Lee Holden has such a pleasing demeanor. Crossing my fingers for you regarding the vaccine. That's good that you are taking it. By the way, Classical Stretch hurt my back. It was the stretching forward, leaning down and twisting that did it. Bob & Brad (the 2 most famous physical therapists...) had some youtube videos on that position and how it can hurt some backs.

Donna You get a lot done in the mornings! When do you exercise, first thing? Ugh, shingles near the eye. I had shingles along my neck and in my ear. It wasn't too bad but I had residual shoulder pain for 2 years. Hopefully they have cancelled your daughter's event and you can stay home.

Summer Breeze Snow & sleet -brrrr! That's the time to pull out
ole Leslie Sansone and walk in the house.

Christina How do you like Ellen's streaming? It is a good deal.

Be well everyone!

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have to post quickly this morning - hope to return for personals later.

Yesterday I did manage to do Pahla's Day 25 workout in the afternoon and I did CS 1111 in the evening...

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Feel Good Fusion - this is from her 7 Day series - I am finding I enjoy these more now than when I first did them...

Pilates Next - Reset Retreat - Day 2 - Legs & Glutes

Yoga w/ Bird - Morning Yoga for Hip Tension

Rose - I must say, 70's and humid sounds good! I do workout in the morning, but I mainly string together a lot of short workouts sou it seems like I'm doing more than I am - time-wise it is under an hour!

Be back later....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

40 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

The snow/sleet is supposed to start later this morning so I'll most likely be finding an indoor workout for today. I don't usually walk in the mornings in the winter because it's too cold, I wait for the warmest part of the day. Then in the summer, it's reversed. I walk in the mornings when it's coolest.

ROSE, good workout day for you. Ohh 70s and humid sounds nice. Yes I'll be finding an indoor workout for today.

DONNA, great workouts fitting it all in. I never had chicken pox so I can't get shingles so I don't need shingrex.... However, I apparently can get chicken pox from someone with shingles so there's that. Chicken pox isn't a great thing to get when you're an adult. It's always something. Just keeping my fingers crossed for now.

Hi PAT & CHRISTINA!

Have a great day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 09:08 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!
Booty Burner- Butt & Gut Bench Burner
Raviana Kundalini Dance the Chakras & Meditation

Love that Kundalini dance. Haven't done it in years, it makes me sooo happy in my body and heart. The 2nd to the last song is my favorite but I never liked the last song as it creeped me out. So, I ended the workout on my favorite song and went on to meditate. Who knew one could choose?

Donna You get a lot done- it is impressive. Your 'stringing workouts along' has inspired me to break out of my rut. Thank you!

Summer Breeze It makes sense to wait until the weather warms up to walk. Keep warm, Summer Breeze.

Hello to Pat & Christina

Rose
Old 01-27-21, 09:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Total Body Tune Up
Pilates Nest - Reset Retreat - Day 3 (Arms & Shoulders)

Yesterday I did squeeze in Pahla's Day 26 workout which was "dynamic moves" I enjoyed it - some KBell inspired work was included.

Today I hope to squeeze in the Day 27 workout which is walking plus glute toning.

Sorry for not doing individual personal replies - it is one of those days....

Hope to be back later....

Donna
Old 01-27-21, 10:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Monday I don't think I did much of anything other than work, etc.

Yesterday was Day 5 of Lucy's Be Your Best. It was titled something about how to get 10,000 steps a day, and had step increasing tips. The link leads you to a 25 minute interval "walk." That was about it. We didn't get too much snow, about two inches on my car this morning. DH shoveled a little last night and I just drove over it to come to work.

Got my first vaccine earlier. Waited in line a l-o-n-g time! Then you have to sit off to the side for 15 minutes. It hurt a bit more than the standard flu shot but was over quickly. I feel a headache brewing so am drinking lots of water and took some Advil.

The vaccine took up my work fun time - I'll check in tomorrow! Everyone please have a wonderful day and stay safe.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 06:57 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello! Today:
Band Standing Booty Burner
2 mile park walk- beautiful, blustery day
Margaret Richard's Getting Better Upper Body
YOQI? maybe?

The workout today used a band while standing- that felt good on my glutes. The program is 4 minutes of foam rolling then 6 minutes of active stretches, then 10 minutes of strength. I'm doing the moves slowly to really feel them in my glutes vs hamstrings. Normally, my hamstrings or hip flexors take over.

Pat Yes on getting the vaccine! Take it easy. A 90 year old relative got the shot and he's had no side effects.

Donna You've been rocking Pahla & Ellen combo.

Waves to Summer Breeze & Christina

Rose
Old 01-28-21, 09:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did Pahla's Day 27 - Walking and Glute Toning workout - it was a good one - I didn't love the walking in place intervals, but I did enjoy the glute toning parts....

Today was:

Pahla B - Day 28 - my favorite type of workout from Pahla - low impact cardio w/ weights....

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Min Therapeutic Yoga for Hips and Low Back - my hips and low back take a beating from all the sitting I do - so this felt good.

I will squeeze something else in later - maybe some CS...

So....now that i'm nearing the end of Pahla's challenge, I'm thinking, you know, I'm going to miss her - so February may feature more of her workouts. I haven't listened to her Q&A yet...to find out how her "mini challenge" is going to change...but I guess I will find out soon enough once I listen in on the Q&A or see her weekly e-mail on Sunday.

Rose - I am finding I really do like the Ellen and Pahla combo. Ellen gets me ready for the day and Pahla give me energy in the afternoon. This may be my February plan...LOL! I'd like to get a little more good old fashioned steady state cardio in, too. I do a long walk w/ my DD once a week, but I would like to fit a few more longer steady state sessions in during the week as well. I think that would be a pretty well-rounded program!

Pat - glad you got your first dose! I hope you are feeling well today and no side effects!

Summer Breeze - how is your DD doing?

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 01-28-21, 10:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

45 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

I am planning another walk today and maybe more? We have some frigid weather coming in tomorrow but I don't think it's supposed to last too long.

ROSE, you're getting some good workouts in.

PAT, hope you're feeling ok after your shot.

DONNA, the Ellen/Pahla plan sounds nice.
DD is doing a lot better thanks. I understand the rash lasts awhile but as long as it's healing and she's feeling better that's a good sign. We go for the follow-up dr appt today.

Hi CHRISTINA.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-21, 10:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, not much to report. I had a headache and a lot of fatigue after the vaccination and my arm hurt all night, but the headache is fading. Maybe I can do something mildly productive in the exercise department later.

Donna how scary about the shingles being so close to your eye. Look at you go with the Pahla challenge!

Rose, the Kundalini dance is fun - I should get that one out. I haven't been using my RaviAnas because of burnout, but that one is so fun and the yoga part is one of their best, too.

Summer Breeze, we're supposed to be getting frigid temps! No likey!!

Good morning to Christina and everyone have a great day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jim fixx