Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-30-11, 09:15 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

When I got Powerfit, I was surprised. The workouts are more challenging than they appear in the clips. Stephanie uses a lot of combination moves and she switches up the exercises pretty quickly. You get a lot done in 20 minutes. If you use a heavier band (or weights) and/or do the cardio on the step, you can really up the intensity.

I could see where a Powerfit rotation would be effective.

Diana - In the original Powerfit workouts, it's a combination of standing and floor toning. I don't know about Powerfit Plus
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 10:10 AM  
Tish

I'm always a little nervous to enable because not everyone loves what I love. But my results have been too good not to share!

I walked into these with no expectation except to keep myself moving. I hate working out when it's cold so I figured these would get me moving a little when I'd rather stay in bed. They've far exceeded my expectations!

I'm glad everyone can still get them through Mary's sale today!
Old 01-30-11, 11:01 AM  
daisysunshine

I really love, love Powerfit Plus.
Love love Powerfit original
I am so really much on the fence with Harmony because I want to love it but it's not as the insta love as original or plus. but i can see how it can fit in my life, for recovery or days where I just need to like, move.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 11:26 AM  
Gardengirl

I'm a sucker for 20 minute workouts now that I'm back working. But these look like they might be more of a beginner workout. Are they? I like working at an intermediate level and am wondering if I'd like these.

And Tish, did you say you could sub weights for bands?
Old 01-30-11, 12:45 PM  
Bliss6789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Are any of these workouts total body? TIA

I just looked at Mary's site again. It looks like the only one that's total body is PowerFit Plus. Is the toning mostly standing? TIA
PowerFit Plus Total Express is the only total body dvd and it is mostly standing. At the very end, you hit the floor for a set of pushups and planks, probably less than 3 minutes total.

Old 01-30-11, 01:00 PM  
topfitmama

ooooook.
I had to go over to Totalfitness and check them out. Powerfit looks good!
Oh my...
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 01:20 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss6789 View Post
PowerFit Plus Total Express is the only total body dvd and it is mostly standing. At the very end, you hit the floor for a set of pushups and planks, probably less than 3 minutes total.

Thank you!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-11, 02:40 PM  
Tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl View Post
I'm a sucker for 20 minute workouts now that I'm back working. But these look like they might be more of a beginner workout. Are they? I like working at an intermediate level and am wondering if I'd like these.

And Tish, did you say you could sub weights for bands?
Judy, I really wouldn't call them intermediate unless you modify up (using a step during the cardio or heavier resistance during toning, exaggerating moves, doing back-to-back workouts, etc). I would call these a comfortable high beginner. Powerfit Plus heads more into intermediate range. I hope someone else will chime in with their thoughts because I don't want you to purchase based on my opinion only.

I haven't tried using weights instead of bands, but I could see how it would be easy to sub them in. Ankle weights would work when you use the band for lower body work but I think it would be a pain taking them on/off during the workout.
Old 01-30-11, 08:42 PM  
JeepGirl

I think I avoided PF (in all three forms) for quite a while as I thought it was too beginner-ish and I didnt' want to waste my time, but I was missing out. It doesn't kill me when I'm doing them but I've gotten some really nice results. I do use the green band and shorten it when I can to make the moves tougher. When I do Stephanie's cardio, I use my step to increase the intensity. HTH!!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 09:55 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

OLD THREAD REVIVAL

I am eating my humble pie today for sure! After numerous times of gently dissing this series (not because of its level, but for Stephanie's repetitive 'verbalisms') guess what's in my rotation? My summer has been lovely but totally hit-or-miss when it comes to fitness and I'm back to Square One (again, sigh).

Stephanie to the rescue! I pulled out all my PFs and have started a really nice schedule of 1 of her PF core (or 20min pilates) workouts in the morning, and 1 PF strength routine in the afternoon, 5 days a week. I mostly ignore Stephanie's cardio and follow up with a nice long walk with my dog, or sometimes a little step or kickboxing. I do use heavier bands and I'm feeling the exercises! But not feeling overwhelmed or tired, which is what I'm trying to avoid. This, plus yoga on the weekend, is quite an enjoyable rotation to enter Fall with.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powerfit, stephanie huckabee