Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-09, 07:10 PM  
kandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~ View Post
Holy Cow! Your deal was even better than mine, I got the whole shebang for $75 and am drooling over my great luck! I too forget about CL! I need to make it an automatic thing before going out to buy. I used to do that with ebay and forget that too. This thread also caused ME to check CL and bam, there it was brand new listing. The funny thing is, there were about 10 Fluidity ads, many with only the barre or less stuff than this woman had, and they were right there selling for double what she was asking! I guess it just depends on who wants to get rid of it more. But HERE is the real kicker and why I feel so blessed. I asked this woman where she lives and it turns out that she lives in the next closest subdivision to us out here!! Like 5 miles away, I pass her subdivision every time I go anywhere from here, because we are kind of tucked away from the rest of the world, Haha. I could not BELIEVE my luck!! When you leave here, you have to go 5 miles before you get anywhere else, and that is where she is. Meant to be!!

OH< Classical Stretch!!! I have always had to put my foot on the ledge in the windowsill, now I will have a barre!! and when I get P57, wahoo, I am set!
You're deal is still better, even though we both got a steal of a deal! Mine was about 2 1/2 hours away and my daughter drove her suburban (I think that's what it is?) so we could take four grandkids along for the ride, so I added $40 in gas and I won't count dinner because granny would have done that anyway! But all tolled, I got the bar (smooth varnished and doesn't spin yessssssss), all four DVD's, the bands and the ball for $80.00. The only thing missing is the pump and that is no biggie.

I'm with you, shocked at the quality actually. I have not had a chance to work with mine yet, all day family picnic today and homework tonight, but I am really enjoying the anticipation

The husband walked me through how to open it out and adjust it, which I thought was extra nice too!

Have you had a chance to work with yours yet?

“Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.”
- Unknown
kandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 08:23 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I bought the Fluidity Bar yesterday from Craigslist for $75 and set it up today; it is substantial! I can't wait to use it with Physique 57, Fluidity, Lotte Berk and my ballet DVDs. The only negative is that it takes up a lot of space and my workout/guest room has now officially become overcrowded with my equipment.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 08:25 PM  
eastblvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbe View Post
I bought the Fluidity Bar yesterday from Craigslist for $75 and set it up today; it is substantial! I can't wait to use it with Physique 57, Fluidity, Lotte Berk and my ballet DVDs. The only negative is that it takes up a lot of space and my workout/guest room has now officially become overcrowded with my equipment.
Same here!! I bought mine for $100 from Craigslist, including all three DVDs. (Probably could have gotten a better deal, but I went to the sweetest seller.) My workout/guest room is unbelievably crowded at this point!

Also, I have a little "problem" with my Fluidity that I also posted in another thread -- one of the diagonal support bars seems to be more loose and wobbly than the other, leading it to not stand as straight. This makes the barre just so slightly slanted.

Has anyone else had this problem? It's not critical, and the barre still feels very secure, but I'm curious if there is an easy fix.
eastblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 06:07 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

I only have a Fluidity Bar. I've had it permanently set up in my room at times and stored under my bed between workouts at other times. The Fluidity Bar is great. If you can get it cheaper than the Cardio Barre barre, I really don't see why you'd want the Cardio Barre barre. The Fluidity bar, like Fuzzie mentions in her post, has many uses beyond simply being better than a dining room chair. Also, all of the holding the bar and leaning back (as is done in some LB and Fluidity videos) would be very difficult, IMO, without something as stable as the Fluidity Bar (i.e. the other option, to me, would be a wall-mounted bar).
Old 08-10-09, 11:48 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Fluidity is on tap for me today, can't wait to try this. Though my real interest is P57 now!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 04:12 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

OK. I did the Fluidity Beginner DVD and felt almost nothing from it so I decided to do another workout that I have sitting around on a DVD, and old Squeeze that I started once and never even finished the workout because I was into heavy at the time. This barre is great, it fit right in with the Squeeze work, and is fantastic for stretching! Absolutely NO buyer's remorse here, none none none. It was easy to set up! What a great piece of equipment.

Old 08-10-09, 04:29 PM  
eastblvd

Quote:
OK. I did the Fluidity Beginner DVD and felt almost nothing from it so I decided to do another workout that I have sitting around on a DVD, and old Squeeze that I started once and never even finished the workout because I was into heavy at the time. This barre is great, it fit right in with the Squeeze work, and is fantastic for stretching! Absolutely NO buyer's remorse here, none none none. It was easy to set up! What a great piece of equipment.
Aww, I liked the beginner DVD. It was very easy -- wasn't my workout for the day, just a little something in the afternoon -- but I really liked Michelle's demeanor.
eastblvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 05:42 PM  
laurajhawk

I kinda' keep Fluidity Beginner around as a "flu recovery" workout... it's pretty easy. I think that's a good thing for people who are new to the genre, so they can focus on form. For my normal rotation I like Intermediate (nice all-over wo), Advanced (yowza hard!), and Seat & Thigh (good when short on time, or when I've already done plenty for upper body & abs).

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 06:02 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

I really like her too. Her approach and style. I am sure that when I do the intermediate and advanced DVDs I will be crying! LOL

I am worried though, perhaps I should start a thread, but this really goes against everything that I have been trained regarding the knees. This barre work seems to really put those knees WAY out there!

Old 09-28-09, 02:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
I am going to look for that screw in the barre as soon as I see it.
Red - -

do you mean that the wooden bar was rolling, like a rolling pin, making it difficult to balance yourself when leaning on it? would the screw be on one of the sides (or both) of the wooden bar, preventing it from rolling?

i just got my barre off of craigslist - brand new, never opened. includes all 4 workouts, ball, stretchies, manual, pump. the seller opened it for me last night and everything was there. when i got home, i found the packing sheet and it was purchased in October 2008, so i'm wondering if mine was rectified by then ???

i'm at work right now so i can't go check right away.

sin of omission: when i brought it home last night, DH was watching TV. he knew that i was going to pick "something" up from "town" but had no idea what or where it was (i drove a total of 34 miles to get it!). i left the barre in the patio and didn't open it up to see it folded out.

out of guilt, i didn't want DH to see me roll this thing past him into the guest room where i plan to open it up. i was hoping to get up early this morning to continue with my plan, but he got up before i did!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio barre, fluidity bar