Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-13, 10:13 AM  
mle777

I just adore Jessica. She seems so relatable and I love that she is making fitness available to those who want to workout in their living room without dragging out a ton of equipment. She has such a great attitude I just can't say enough good things about her!

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 10:43 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I think that's exactly what she's doing. Releasing the free workouts and being so connected to her fans must give her a lot of feedback and ideas. It lets her release workouts that, to some extent, have been pre-tested in the market of people who would buy her DVDs.

Personally, I think it's a brilliant idea. And, it doesn't negate the fact that she is so nice and so responsive and so supportive to her fans. To me, it seems to be an outgrowth of the relationship she had already built with fans.
She told us that's EXACTLY what she does. And I agree, it's a brilliant idea.

She posted on FB that she's trying to do a Master Class for any fitness friends in March or April. I'm about 10 hours away so I can't do it but an FYI for anyone who is closer!
Old 02-05-13, 10:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I think that's exactly what she's doing. Releasing the free workouts and being so connected to her fans must give her a lot of feedback and ideas. It lets her release workouts that, to some extent, have been pre-tested in the market of people who would buy her DVDs.

Personally, I think it's a brilliant idea. And, it doesn't negate the fact that she is so nice and so responsive and so supportive to her fans. To me, it seems to be an outgrowth of the relationship she had already built with fans.
Yes I think it's a great idea too! I was hoping that's what she was doing because I like the looks of the kickboxing ballet workout and would love something like that on DVD. I'm not one for downloading and streaming (even though I think I may have to get on board soon) so for now new DVDs is what I'm looking for . Great news.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 11:18 AM  
DejaDeb

I downloaded/burned several of Jessica's YouTube workouts; I keep adding to this new, growing collection of mine and would be happy to send my "extras" to anyone who would like them! Please send me a PM if interested!
Old 02-05-13, 11:19 AM  
DejaDeb

Here's what I have (some workouts are on more than one DVD; I was just experimenting with how I wanted to group them together! Also, I may not have the names exactly right! )

#1: Cardio Mat Fusion; Cardio Fusion Flow; Cardio Fusion & Floor; Yoga Flow

#2: Stretches (I think there are four)

#3: Cardio Blast; Abs Thighs & Buns; Upper Body; Stretch (BOU)

#4: HIIT (30 min); Fusion Walk; Dance Stretch; Sunset Stretch (BOU)

#5: HIIT Mash (60 min); HIIT (30 min); 10 Minute Walks (BOU)

#6: Two walks and two stretches (BOU)

#7: Fusion Sculpt; Cardio Dance Sculpt (BOU)

PS - A special thanks to Horsemom for patiently walking me through this process!!!
Old 09-02-14, 11:44 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I am bumping this up because I just discovered her channel. I knew it had been there and even checked in on them but lately I have been craving pure cardio workouts and she has them! The ones I have are high intensity and with my heel sometimes bothering me I need to take it low. I found plenty of her videos to satiate me. I love her and have subscribed and am planning on donating to her cause. Love her! I have other workouts by her on dvd, one I did several times a week and now I have her without going to load up the dvd player! I can do her vids right in my workout room; I just grab the computer!!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 05:53 AM  
Inchworm

FYI... I no longer have to use my phone or computer to do YouTube workouts. I use the YouTube app on my iPhone and stream it right to my tv via the Roku!!! Works great! Excited about finding great workouts. Thanks to Barb, I discovered a couple of other good ones. There is an amazing standing ab workout that's about 3.5 min to Keisha "Blow"... Need to find more like that

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 08:05 AM  
horsemom2

Here's my youtube playlists:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt9m...xBFw/playlists
It is mostly for my HDTV with internet apps which I do not use much. I prefer dvds in my basement workout area where I blast the music and my laptop in my bedroom for streaming or playing video files hooked up to speakers. I do mostly cardio and MUsic keeps me MUving. It is simple to either do the cardio in my desk chair or move it out of the way or replace it with a stability ball for sitting and bouncing. I have lots of ways to share some of the video files (Blog, DailyMotion, Dropbox, filemail, etc)

My youtube playlists are not as updated nor do I have as many videos uploaded as on my previous youtube account.
Only need one video listed from a user to find many of the others.

You will not find many jessicasmithtv routines on the playlist because I now add music to most of her routines and keep the files on my laptop. I am as much a variety addict for music as moves. Jessica kept my attention for several months, more than any other trainer or style. I have bought all of her dvds directly from her and make a donation every few months to show my appreciation.

ETA: If you use a laptop for workouts, you can play music while lowering the sound or even muting it on the video.
You can even play music from another youtube tab.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free, jessica smith, jessica smith tv