Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-14, 05:34 PM  
BamaTanya

Jillian's Beginner Shred: Anyone try it yet?

I'm looking forward to your reviews!: D
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 09:10 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I ordered it but haven't received it yet. And that's saying something cause Jillian's strident personality drives me crazy but she seems so much calmer/nicer in this one. Also, I'm restarting exercise so these "beginner" routines would suit me better than her usual fare. I'm planning to mix them into my current PowerFit rotation.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-14, 10:51 PM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

I'm still waiting for my preorder too.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 08:01 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm waiting as well. I have her lower body one which I can do, but it's really hard and has a huge dread factor. I'm hoping for something a little easier.
Old 09-03-14, 11:29 AM  
Whimzee

This is really weird: why is the title called "Beginners Shred" but the level specified on Mary's site lists intermediate?
Whimzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-14, 03:31 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

UPDATE - just got it today (I ordered from Mary). I haven't previewed everything yet but it looks really really good! Very much Jillian's Shred program scaled back for, as she says during the intro: beginners, returning exercisers, post-baby moms, boomers/seniors, overweight, etc. So the moves are slower, no/low (or lower) impact, and Jillian is MUCH softer, even mellow! From what I heard so far, the music volume is a bit quieter as well, which I appreciate.

I'll continue to preview here and there and will try it tomorrow, but overall I think I'll be happy with it, and if you're looking for a kinder, gentler Shred you might be too.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 09:45 AM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

I should've preordered from Mary. Amazon is taking forever. It doesn't even says it's preparing for shipment yet and it's out of stock already. I have a feeling I'll be waiting awhile.

That's great that it sounds like it's a true beginner workout. I can't wait to try it. I'd love to have something not too intimidating I can lend out to people just starting out.
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 12:45 PM  
Cybersparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
UPDATE - just got it today (I ordered from Mary). I haven't previewed everything yet but it looks really really good! Very much Jillian's Shred program scaled back for, as she says during the intro: beginners, returning exercisers, post-baby moms, boomers/seniors, overweight, etc. So the moves are slower, no/low (or lower) impact, and Jillian is MUCH softer, even mellow! From what I heard so far, the music volume is a bit quieter as well, which I appreciate.

I'll continue to preview here and there and will try it tomorrow, but overall I think I'll be happy with it, and if you're looking for a kinder, gentler Shred you might be too.
I love NMTZ (no more trouble zones) - it is my fav traditional weight/toning dvd. It never tires me out but is really effective. I wonder how this one will compare to NMTZ ...
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 01:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i'm interested in this as well - the clips look great. thanks!

i've been a Jillian fan for a while.

those of you who might want more "softer" Jillian, she has her Beginners Frontside and Backside (not to be confused w/ her original Shape Up Front, Shape Up Back; or her Maximize Frontal and Maximize Back).

the Beginners Front and Back are 43 & 54 minutes respectively.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-14, 09:17 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I saw the previews as well and as much as I totally dislike her, I liked the looks of a slower, controlled workout and no screaming/screeching. Looks like you could go heavier, too.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginners, jillian michaels, shred