Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-11, 06:46 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
OH Red, you would have to rave about this one! I've been eyeing it for some time. I love Bas! I watch him now on HDNet fights and he's so funny!

Can this be done without a bag?
Oh yeah, you can use the audio tracks for shadow-boxing - but you might frighten yourself in the mirror!

Or you could work with a training partner with focus mitts - but they would need a faster reaction speed than you. (I have begged Mr RedPanda to be my mitt-holder, but he says he's scared of me. I have no idea why.)

The "All-round Workout" track doesn't use a bag.
Old 01-19-11, 08:52 PM  
Irisg1

I just received this set in the mail today. I am soo excited, can't wait to check them out.

Fitgirl, thank you soo much for passing along the Ebay link. I must admit, I was a bit cautious since the price was soo low compared to Amazon, but these really are the real thing. Thanks for saving me some money
Old 01-19-11, 08:55 PM  
fitgirl-atx

Iris -

I'm so glad to hear it!!! If anyone else is interested in the eBay seller where we got this system for $18.95 (new, shrink wrapped), please PM me. I'm happy to share the wealth. I was skeptical, but thought I'd risk it for $18.95 + shipping . I'm happy to report it's the real deal.

Have a great (fit) week!

Laugh Often. Love Unconditionally. Live Beautifully.
DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos. I have also appeared as a cast member in a fitness DVD series. For details, please see my profile.
fitgirl-atx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 11:29 AM  
Irisg1

I am really loving this set. I am currently doing a Supreme 90 Day rotation, and I love to tack these on to the end of my workouts for some additional cardio.

So far I've only done the Boxing and Tai Boxing tracks, and my reflexes and speed are getting pretty good. I don't always use the heavybag, sometimes I just use weighted gloves and shadow box. I don't think I've gotten as much use out of my heavybag as I have since getting this series.

I think these workouts are a great addition for anyone who enjoys boxing
Old 03-06-11, 12:48 PM  
RedPanda

I'm still loving Bas Rutten too, and have also found that my reflexes and speed have improved dramatically.

I add heavy bag rounds after shorter DVD cardio workouts twice a week. I imagine I'm in the ring and punch as hard as I can.

Even though I've been steadily doing this since January, I've noticed that I'm not at all bored with the tapes - I think that we must process information we see on a DVD and hear on an audio track quite differently.

When my Rushfit DVD arrives, I'll probably go for an MMA theme and do the "All-Round Fighting" CD once a week.
Old 03-06-11, 04:11 PM  
Irisg1

I'm a little intimidated about trying the All Around Boxing CD, because of the up and down, but as I get more and more familiar with Boxing and Tai Boxing, I'm sure I'll get around to the other two cd's. I'm trying to talk my husband and son into trying these. I think it makes for a good cardio workout
Old 03-06-11, 04:17 PM  
kali1

I'll look forward to your reviews on this redpanda.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 04:19 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl-atx View Post
Thanks for your review, RedPanda! I also have this set, but haven't tried it out yet. I got it as a birthday present. I found a seller on eBay selling these new for $18.95 + shipping. So, at less than $25, I couldn't resist!!! It arrived last week, and I'll try to incorporate it sometime next week. I did listen to the audios, but I wasn't familiar with all of Bas' cues. So, I'll try to actually read the manual and watch the DVD before I give the workouts a try.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear of others who own the set and love it! Even though I got it for cheap, I was afraid of buyer's remorse.

In health,
fitgirl-atx
Are they authentic? Hopefully they aren't bootlegs
Old 03-06-11, 04:36 PM  
Irisg1

Kali, I bought from the same seller as Fitgirl, and these are definitely the real deal
Old 03-06-11, 04:38 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisg1 View Post
Kali, I bought from the same seller as Fitgirl, and these are definitely the real deal
That's great to know. Ebay makes me doubt things sometimes

Tags
bas rutten, heavy bag, mma