Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-15, 11:34 AM  
naturalyogini

Soul Sweat dance classes now online

For those of you who loved the Soul Sweat dvd, Alchemy of Movement in Boulder is now on powhow.com http://www.powhow.com/classes/alchemy-of-movement-live.

It's very expensive, and I can't afford the monthly subscription but I did do the one video class in their library. Great class and music. Hopefully they will adjust the price as time goes on. Check it out
naturalyogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 12:01 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Great find - thank you for sharing! I just bought the Alchemy class and it looks fun. So how does the subscription work? Can you access classes anytime or only truly when they are taking place "live"?
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-15, 01:35 PM  
naturalyogini

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Great find - thank you for sharing! I just bought the Alchemy class and it looks fun. So how does the subscription work? Can you access classes anytime or only truly when they are taking place "live"?
Hi Fuzzie, I did that class this morning. Lots of fun. I think the way it works is that you get 5 live stream classes a month or credits toward buying classes AND access to the library unlimited. IMHO, think she will probably need to re think the subscription fee as I don't think anyone is going to bite at that price. If she had a monthly video on demand fee for unlimited viewing a la RA MA TV, at say $20 a month; then maybe I would bite once more videos were loaded. I really don't care about live streaming as the times don't work for me here on the east coast. At this point, I'll just buy a class once a month or so.

Sadie Nardini is also on powhow for $8 a month with the first month at $1 with the code on her powhow page.
Old 05-07-15, 09:20 PM  
Gancho Girl

Sheesh, I was all excited. And then I saw the price. And that the sessions are live (and therefore at 2am for me).

Less excited now.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 07:25 AM  
naturalyogini

You can buy the classes in the video library. So far she has 2 classes.
Old 05-08-15, 08:54 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Bought the second one too! It was only $5 which is a great deal (56 min.)

The music in these is terrific (REAL music!) and I love the instructor. I think these are the perfect complement to KY and TA (paging violetblonde here... )

ETA: One criticism: I hope they will work on the camera angle. In the first workout, you only see the instructor from the knees up so you have to look at background exercisers to see the footwork (and they are sometimes a little off or behind the tempo).
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 10:04 AM  
TinierTina

Exclamation Just as a One-Off take a Live Brick and Mortar Class if all That is Required ...

The price, and then, BIG problem: you need a webcam. Of course, I do have one above my screen. But problem again ...

My dancing body would come in like mush at my download speed ...

If it is pre-recorded download, of course they cannot charge those highway-robbery prices.

Yeah, I'd still been awake at 2 a.m. EDT last night. Only cardio dancing I was doing was in my astroprojection state.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 12:47 PM  
naturalyogini

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Bought the second one too! It was only $5 which is a great deal (56 min.)

The music in these is terrific (REAL music!) and I love the instructor. I think these are the perfect complement to KY and TA (paging violetblonde here... )

ETA: One criticism: I hope they will work on the camera angle. In the first workout, you only see the instructor from the knees up so you have to look at background exercisers to see the footwork (and they are sometimes a little off or behind the tempo).
Yeah I mentioned that to her. In the second they moved the camera up, but it looks strange. They should shoot from the side or back like in the NIA videos.
Old 05-08-15, 12:50 PM  
naturalyogini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
The price, and then, BIG problem: you need a webcam. Of course, I do have one above my screen. But problem again ...

My dancing body would come in like mush at my download speed ...

If it is pre-recorded download, of course they cannot charge those highway-robbery prices.

Yeah, I'd still been awake at 2 a.m. EDT last night. Only cardio dancing I was doing was in my astroprojection state.
Yeah I don't know why you need a webcam as you are watching THEM live. As far as the pre-recorded classes , the two classes in the library are $14 and $5, respectively.
Old 05-08-15, 01:12 PM  
TinierTina

Just a Wild Guess ... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalyogini View Post
Yeah I don't know why you need a webcam as you are watching THEM live. As far as the pre-recorded classes , the two classes in the library are $14 and $5, respectively.
Let's say one has zoomin' internet download speeds, plus the right software (for the moment, I have to assume that a Skype account is not required); thus, the distance-learning dancer at home has a one-way, real-time, reversed-mirror-image video "avatar" of their personal self/selves in front of the computer (and taking the class) re-narrowcasted back to them on their monitors/screens ...

DON'T GET ME WRONG! Never underestimate these capabilities as a motivator.

Thing is, for me, downloading even if to nominally offline (former Amazon Unbox customer/current, dedicated iTunes customer in the house ... and nowadays: a DVD player is the only truly totally offline, standalone method in my slow-ish-connected house, imho) has its playback continuity quirks.

Secondly, probably working out with the moving image of you, seen as being "part" of the distance-learning class (even better if one-way audio-equipped!) encourages your giving Soul Sweat first a try or a work-up, then a completed session; and then repeat business ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote