Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-15, 11:52 AM  
mjs2052

I bought the Seat workout streaming video. I previewed it quickly last night and it looked good. Definitely a big time improvement over past Pure Barre releases.

Melissa
mjs2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-15, 01:18 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Sue, do you think these (or at least the one you tried) could be broken down into two 30 minutes workouts? I just don't have an hour to workout most of the time. They do sound good. I've never owned a Pure Barre workout.
I was wondering the same thing...like is it set up like 1/2 standing and 1/2 seated/floor work? That would make it easy to split into two 30 minute workouts.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-15, 02:06 PM  
momofcha

I just checked on the ab workout and there is a stopping point at 29 minutes where you change positions and go to standing. But I didn't have time to look at what you've done, but I'm guessing at that point you're going to thighs, so it really wouldn't be a complete workout at that point...

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-15, 02:37 PM  
smokybubbles

Thanks for the quick feedback Sue! I've never tried Pure Barre before, I think I'm going to order. Also ordered Tonique Hawaii DVD from Mary! Happy Day!
smokybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-15, 04:04 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I just checked on the ab workout and there is a stopping point at 29 minutes where you change positions and go to standing. But I didn't have time to look at what you've done, but I'm guessing at that point you're going to thighs, so it really wouldn't be a complete workout at that point...
I just completed this workout (ok, minus the 20 minutes I skipped at the end, due to lack of time) and I noticed that break at the 29 minute mark too. It was after thigh work and stretch and before the seat work began. At that point you have had work for everything except seat.
HTH someone! And this workout stood out to me as VERY well organized and flows quite well. It is rather hard (to me, a lifetime beginner) and I couldn't complete all the reps, but I enjoyed the instructor very much and am going to keep working at it!
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-15, 09:38 PM  
berry99

The gal that leads the ab workout is the co-owner of the Boulder CO studio that I go to. She is amazing! I love her classes!!! These DVDs sound good. I might have to take the plunge!
Old 04-30-15, 05:51 AM  
meg39

Thank you for the review Shammy!

Can the moves done at the wall be done with a chair? I don't really have wall space in my workout area.
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-15, 06:39 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg39 View Post
Thank you for the review Shammy!

Can the moves done at the wall be done with a chair? I don't really have wall space in my workout area.
What I did yesterday - yes. You basically just use it for balance. I haven't previewed the seat one yet.

Honestly I'm just shocked at how different these are from their other offerings. Having taken live PB classes I really miss - this is the next best thing.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-15, 08:53 AM  
laurajhawk

Wait, what, these are Pure Barre workouts that are DIFFERENT from other Pure Barre workouts?

(Goes back to beginning of thread and reads it all)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-15, 09:29 AM  
olala

I liked abs focus. I previewed and thought that is going to be a killer. It is a total body with abs focus. It does have more advanced feel to it, more like a real class, and it is 60 min.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pretzel, pure barre, pure barre pure results