Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-15, 10:29 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba View Post
alrighty, i got my mini trampolines out (three of them. one for me, two for the kids). we've been jumping all afternoon - a good alternative for the phoenix summer. i can't take walks early or late because of schedules and kids. but i am feeling better between the trampolines and the jessica and leslie walking videos. now if i can only figure out which leslie ones are the best - she has so many!!!
ata girl!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-15, 10:44 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I used the rebounder to teach my nephews how to count. I'd tell them they had to do a certain number of jumps. They loved it and got to 100 real fast.
Old 05-25-15, 08:43 AM  
cdayley

I march in place while I surf the net if I am short on steps for the day

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 09:28 AM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I used the rebounder to teach my nephews how to count. I'd tell them they had to do a certain number of jumps. They loved it and got to 100 real fast.
That's freaking brilliant!

I bust out some TA style dance moves throughout the day. DS likes to join in!

Though, he looks better doing it than I do!

To Baba: that's great!
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 09:46 AM  
RoseOOPs

I love my fitbit. To get my steps I do about 40 - 50 minutes of cardio in the morning. This gives me about 5000 steps. My dog loves to go for walks. We usually walk in the park not far from the house. This gives me another 5000 steps. Now I'm up to 10,000. The rest of my steps is from normal every day life. I average about 12000 - 15000 a day.

With little ones at home you could do 10 minutes of cardio thru out the day. Put some music on, and have the little ones dance with you.
RoseOOPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 12:36 PM  
Aunt Famous

Hula hooping gets steps in, and it's a lot of fun. You can get a fancy hoop from Hoopnotica ($40-$50); TJ Maxx/Marshalls often sells a two pound hoop ($20); or check out a discount store for a kids' hoop. Note that the smaller the hoop, the harder it is.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-15, 12:07 AM  
slysam

I posted some tips to improve activity on my blog: http://www.feelingfit.info/2014/08/t...neat-activity/

I more recently started a series on setting Fitbit goals (something I am revisiting as my activity has declined a little): http://www.feelingfit.info/2015/05/s...r-your-fitbit/

I think the main thing is replacing some sedentary time with stepping. Walking workouts are fab, but I admit I have a very short attention span for them.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-15, 11:33 AM  
Kathleen Ann

I also use my rebounder while doing Ballet Beautiful SwanArms. That gets my heart rate up and tones my arms. I know the moves by heart so I don't need the dvd playing.
My husband and I do worship together in the morning with sermons on DVD so I get almost all my 10,0000 steps in right off the bat.
The rest of the day are extra steps.