Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-20, 11:25 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Agreed wholeheartedly that 6 months is what new moms should get, time off-wise. I love Jessica's can-do and holistic approach to well-being so applaud her on everything she does (and on her time off!)
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 04:17 PM  
katmom

Rediscovered Jessica

I had surgery about 2 weeks ago and was told walking was all I could do, no inversions, and do not lift heavier than 10 pounds. Weather in Tennessee this time of the year can be cold, but it is warming up however, the rain is the most unpredictable aspect of walking outdoors. I have Leslie's Miracle Mile DVD set and Jessica's Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness, and Energy DVD. I tried 2 workouts from Leslie's set first, but I think I got burned out on her years ago. I did a few outdoor walks before the rain returned and then pulled out Jessica's DVD and was able to keep it low impact (there are high, medium and low modifications). I also then discovered Jessica Smith TV (via VF threads) which also has some walking workouts. I don't know how she keeps coming up with the movement patterns. There was a recent code posted on VF for some of her walking sets from Amazon and I bought two of them because I have at least 2 more weeks of walking as my primary form of fitness with some occasional standing yoga/stretch sessions. Not to mention, I will probably need a good fitness rotation to start back.
Old 03-13-20, 05:38 PM  
horsemom2

If you can stream, try the WalkingOnlineWorkouts free trial
or the free clips on youtube
https://walkingonlineworkouts.vhx.tv/browse
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi2...AkWsRlZEwleUfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
I had surgery about 2 weeks ago and was told walking was all I could do, no inversions, and do not lift heavier than 10 pounds. Weather in Tennessee this time of the year can be cold, but it is warming up however, the rain is the most unpredictable aspect of walking outdoors. I have Leslie's Miracle Mile DVD set and Jessica's Walking for Weight Loss, Wellness, and Energy DVD. I tried 2 workouts from Leslie's set first, but I think I got burned out on her years ago. I did a few outdoor walks before the rain returned and then pulled out Jessica's DVD and was able to keep it low impact (there are high, medium and low modifications). I also then discovered Jessica Smith TV (via VF threads) which also has some walking workouts. I don't know how she keeps coming up with the movement patterns. There was a recent code posted on VF for some of her walking sets from Amazon and I bought two of them because I have at least 2 more weeks of walking as my primary form of fitness with some occasional standing yoga/stretch sessions. Not to mention, I will probably need a good fitness rotation to start back.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 10:44 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quick healing wishes to you, Katmom!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 07:51 AM  
carole r.

I love Jessica’s workouts! I know how hard it is after you have a baby, and it’s different for everyone. I had to go back to work at 7 weeks (my husband was unemployed at the time). We moved close to my school and I would visit my daughter during lunch. I also made sure that daycare was nearby. I was able to be home with her by 3:30 every day, plus we had regular school breaks, but it was still very hard. I say, if Jessica wants to spend more time with her child and can do so, then she should go for it. They grow up so fast! ETA: She has plenty of workouts on Youtube and on DVD/digital download. I have workouts for months.
Old 03-14-20, 12:15 PM  
Leonana

Jessica recently posted a questionnaire in the Jessica Smith Junkies FB group. She said she was in the process of putting together their next program for us and was wondering if we would answer some questions. This was about four days ago.

Tags
jessica smith