Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-14, 03:22 PM  
pollytc

Bar Method Change Your Body

I watched a clip on YouTube and I really liked the instruction by Burr. I have bought a ton of barre related dvds as of late....would this be a good addition or should I skip it?
Old 04-16-14, 03:26 PM  
alisoncooks

It will always be my Gold Standard for barre.
It brought me back to exercise when my youngest was a baby.
(That said, I think I burned out on it -- I don't seem to enjoy it as much as I once did. But I did it for months, rotating with Accelerated Workout, and lost 20+ pounds when I first started exercising at home.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 03:34 PM  
pollytc

Oh wow! That's great! So now I'm conflicted! Lol. I see they are each $17.99 on the Bar Method website. I guess that's not too bad!
Old 04-16-14, 03:45 PM  
caitlinpyle

why are bar Method DVDs soooo expensive on Amazon??

are there any Bar Method DVDs that are not good? I don't have any yet. I'm also relatively new and trying out all the different styles.
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 03:47 PM  
caitlinpyle

posting to subscribe, I don't know how to subscribe after I reply yet, if i forget lol
Old 04-16-14, 03:47 PM  
alisoncooks

Yeah, I bought them from Collage (they carried Bar Method when that set was first released). Just randomly stumbled across them and decided to give them a try.

I think Burr instructs well. The pacing is much slower than other barre dvds and there's lots of stretching. Very low-key -- which is what I need/like.

When I first started these (hmmm, summer of 2009, maybe) I weighed 165ish. By that Christmas, I weighed 145ish. I did them 3-4 times a week...

(And then, of course, I joined VF, got distracted by the gazillion of other dvds out there... lost my mojo, gained it all back and then some. *sigh*)

Anyway, I think they're good -- but probably b/c I started with them. If you have lots of other barre dvds, they're probably not necessary...
Old 04-16-14, 04:21 PM  
starbelly

I love Burr and Change Your Body is a good one. It's not fast paced, but her pointers are excellent. Many people dislike the long set up time, but I like to use it when I need a slower and more focused workout. It really pairs well with the Accelerated workout. The other more recent videos-- Super Sculpting I and II and Dancer's Body-- are more advanced, but I prefer CYB and AW. Reps are uneven in the later releases but Burr is very focused and natural in CYB and AW.

Bar Method DVDs were on Gilt yesterday and come on there fairly regularly. The best place to buy them otherwise is through the Bar Method website.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-14, 04:27 PM  
pollytc

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
Bar Method DVDs were on Gilt yesterday and come on there fairly regularly. The best place to buy them otherwise is through the Bar Method website.
Is Gilt a website?
Old 04-16-14, 04:28 PM  
caitlinpyle

How long is the Accelerated Workout?

I mean, are the Bar Method workouts SO GOOD that I should go online and buy them all right now? LOL... kidding (kinda... ) They ARE on my wish list but no one's wanting to trade 'em which indicates they MUST be good!!
Old 04-16-14, 04:34 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post
How long is the Accelerated Workout?
It says 56 min.