Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-14-14, 11:12 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Whatever Happened to Lalo?

I was searching for something about Emily VanCamp from Revenge last night, and found a blurb about her working out with Lalo Fuentes. I remembered seeing that name in thread titles here (but never opened them), so I scanned a few of them today.

Seems he made 2 DVDs, but the last was in 2010? The first one is actually on YouTube, so I might download it. There's been nothing discussed about him here in several years. Ha - I'm late to the party, as usual.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 11:17 AM  
JENILU

I may be mistaken, but isn't he the one that did a huge experiment on himself, gaining a bunch of weight and then taking it off somehow? I wonder if that had anything to do with him not putting anything out recently? (not sure if it was even him)
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 11:31 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Yes. I just found his Facebook page and there's a story about that. Seems he got right back into shape, though.

Looks like he travels around the world a lot.
Old 04-14-14, 11:31 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I follow him on Facebook. It seems that he travels the world to train and cook for models / photo shoots and celebrities.
Old 04-14-14, 01:18 PM  
suegy3

I remember that there was some drama here about him copying vf'er reviews and putting them on another website. I can't remember all the details. It turned a lot of people off and I positive talk about him stopped.

I tried one of his workouts and thought it was boring.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 01:50 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I had his second DVD. It was o.k. I didn't realize that he was the same instructor that tried to gain a lot of weight and then lose it. I also didn't know that he copied VF reviews either.
Old 04-14-14, 08:56 PM  
Eibhinn

During the collage sale I came across the two Lalofit workouts when I was browsing. I remembered hearing so many people absolutely rave about them back in the day, but I had completely forgotten about them because I hadn't heard anyone mention him in a long, long time. I watched the clips and remembered why I'd never bought them - they looked really boring. I also had no idea that he was the trainer who had intentionally gained and lost a bunch of weight.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 08:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

This is so strange, but I had a dream last night that I traded for his workout and then realized I already had it. What's so strange is that I don't own his workouts, never did, never followed anything about him and hadn't seen this thread until just now. Why on earth did I have a dream about his workouts?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 09:10 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Eerie. Cue the spooky music.
Old 04-15-14, 09:28 AM  
firmaniac

...I just re-skimmed the Sticky noted thread at the top of this page re: Copying Reviews, and had forgotten it was about Lalo and copied reviews from VF. I tend to skim over the Sticky Note posts to get to new ones - guess I should peek in more frequently.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lalo fuentes, lalofit