Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-10, 08:14 PM  
cowfishpro

10 Minutes Solution Blast Off Belly Fat vs Gorgeous Core

I've been using a lot of 10MS workouts lately and have been enjoying their effectiveness and efficiency. I'm thinking of getting the Blast Off Belly Fat one with Suzanne Bowen, but I see she has a similar workout called Gorgeous Core.

If I get her 10MS workout, do I really need Gorgeous Core? They look pretty similar in intensity and in exercise offerings? Does any one have both of them and have thoughts on the crossovers between them?
Old 09-22-10, 08:36 PM  
lilmonkey2

Funny you ask this question because just the other day I thought to myself "No one really needs to have both of those workouts." I have them both and think they are similar enough to each other to not need to buy the other one.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 09:22 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
Funny you ask this question because just the other day I thought to myself "No one really needs to have both of those workouts." I have them both and think they are similar enough to each other to not need to buy the other one.
I'm glad to hear this from someone that has both. I had the 10MS one, and sold it a while back. When I first bought it it was really tough but then I guess I became a more advanced exerciser. Do you really think they are both about the same difficulty level? The format sounds almost identical!
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 09:34 PM  
lilmonkey2

I haven't done all of either workout, but they were challenging to me (I tend to avoid working the core, for whatever reason!) I'll have to get out Gorgeous Core again and give other segments a try before I can say how advanced it is. I have only done the first segment, and liked it.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 09:41 PM  
kitty12

I don't have the 10 minute DVD, but I love Gorgeous Core. Sleek Physique was awesome. I did it all on the toes (so knees up) and found it pretty challenging. I did post a review in case that helps:
http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=3574
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 11:47 PM  
BalleRina

Hi, T!!!!

I have the 10MS DVD and I like it quite a bit. My favorite segments are the plank segment and the pilates segment. I only tried the cardio segment once. Hated it and probably won't ever do it again. Still a good purchase though.

Don't you love the 10MS format? I find that they're perfect for me in the morning. 1-3 segments of yoga or pilates is a great way to start the day!

BalleRina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 01:19 AM  
ilovemybirds

Hmm! I've had 10 MS Blast off Belly Fat a couple of times, and I didn't care for it, so I got rid of it. I've had Gorgeous Core on my wish list for awhile, but now I'm starting to wonder. Is there anything about any of these segments that really stands out and makes it worth getting?
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 06:29 AM  
chrisjeffnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
I'm glad to hear this from someone that has both. I had the 10MS one, and sold it a while back. When I first bought it it was really tough but then I guess I became a more advanced exerciser. Do you really think they are both about the same difficulty level? The format sounds almost identical!
I have been wondering this too...Gorgeous cores has 6 ab segments while 10MS has 4 (plus an ab-focused cardio routine). If you got only 1, which 1?
chrisjeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-10, 10:45 AM  
cowfishpro

I appreciate the feedback so far.

For me, if I am getting just one, it will be the 10MS one. First, from the previews, I find the music in Gorgeous Core a little irritating. It is a continuos beat that I just don't click with.

Hi Marina. I love the format of 10MS. I love being able to mix and match them and know that each segment is the same length. I am also using these in the morning for a quick efficient workout. They have been my focus for about 2 weeks, and I'm finally starting to lean out, and hopefully drop some of these last few pounds. I also notice that I am not as hungry, so I am eating less (I am using my pilate ones right now, and plan to add my yoga one as well). 10MS just fits perfectly with my schedule. And it works me without my getting sweaty, a big benefit since I'm doing them at 5:00 AM before I get ready for work.

Also, I like the background of the 10MS better. So it sounds like I don't need both, and I will be getting the 10MS along with some other 10MS that I don't already have. For comparable workouts, 10MS is almost half the price of GC, and I see myself getting my money's worth out of the 10MS.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.
Old 09-23-10, 11:15 AM  
chrisjeffnick

I noticed in the clips at Collage that the Gorgeous Core music seemed irritating. I was hoping htis was not the case.
chrisjeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute solution, blast off belly fat, gorgeous core, suzanne bowen