Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-16-13, 06:03 PM  
Bluebelle

Hi Everyone!

I’m new here. Have been lurking awhile and thought I’d join up. Just wanted to say hi and also a big thank you. I’ve learned so much from this site. Just to name a few recent things - thank you for the barre3 QVC info. I’m really enjoying this set. Sadie is one of my new favorite instructors. Thank you for all the reviews - I’ve found so many wonderful new instructors and workouts. Thank you for the Jessica Smith TV information. She’s also one of my new favorite instructors. Love the online workouts and got her 2 newest. I’m thinking of getting a Classical Stretch season (I hear season 8 is really good) and the new Essentrics barre sounds wonderful. I also hear there is a sale in Nov. (Again this site is great!). I’ve got a new Cindy Whitmarsh workout to try tonight that I read about here. I’ve got a wish list full of great instructors. Have not tried Cathe & Kelly yet but am looking forward to getting one workout of each. And I picked up my first Lee Child’s novel this weekend (love the book threads!) Plus I’ve seen so many great ideas for organizing my workout dvds, my workout space, my workout clothes, etc.

Thank you all for the wonderful information you share!
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-13, 06:06 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Welcome, BlueBelle.

Seems we have indoctrinated you just right!

Have a good time, find a check-in and ENJOY.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-13, 07:50 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It sounds like it's too late to warn you to hide your credit cards from yourself. Enjoy the stuff you have gotten and applying some of the ideas and principles you've come across here. Like Renda said, you might want to find a check in to get to know a smaller group of people. All of them are open and you can join by just replying to a thread and introducing yourself. Regardless of what you do or don't do, enjoy it!

(Lee Child! I his books! That series is a really good one.)

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-13, 08:19 PM  
Bluebelle

Yes, my wallet is a bit little since I've found VF. Now if I can just make myself a few pounds lighter w/ all I've learned....
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 04:03 AM  
ilikeowls

Hi everyone!

I'm new too. Workout DVDs have been my main way of exercising for a couple of years now, though I've been doing them most regularly since moving house a year ago. I mainly do pilates, ballet and yoga.
I was pleasantly surprised to find this forum, so I joined shortly after.

Thanks,
Tessa
ilikeowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 07:36 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Tessa - Welcome to VF. You'll find a lot of people on this forum who do the types of exercises you do.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 11-01-13, 03:11 PM  
sweetramona

Hi, I'm Laurie. I see that I joined this forum in 2005!! but I have never introduced myself. I am very heavy, perhaps a little less so than in 2005, and I need more consistent and sustained use of my many, many, many DVDs! The members of this forum are a constant inspiration to me, and I am hoping that becoming more active here will help me turn into someone who can inspire someone else some day
sweetramona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-13, 05:24 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Laurie - It's great you introduced yourself and that being here at VF has been inspirational to you. "See" you around the forum as you get more involved.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-16-13, 04:08 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Hi, I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I got started with video fitness back in the early 90's when I was watching workouts on TV from Gilad's sister, lol. I don't remember the name, but it was a military style workout. Since then, I was a member of gyms on and off for many years, but realized I was getting a better workout (and better value) at home and started using videos. I've done P90X and 10 Minute Trainer, but would like to expand my horizons.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-13, 08:46 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Basic Training! (That was the show by Ada, Gilad's sister.) She put a DVD with those workouts back in the day as well.)

Welcome to VF! If you're looking for workout options at home, you're in the right place. You might want to put limits on your credit card though.

(I wish I was in Hawaii as well...)

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread