Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-17, 06:14 PM  
Tugger31

I'm assuming you're looking for body weight exercises or will there be weights available?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 07:03 PM  
Getfit

What about Hard Corps. It's 22 min and I think it's all body weight exercises.
Did you sign up for Chris Freytag's website, I think she has some short body weight workouts. Also for cardio, you can probably string together some YouTube workouts. my gym offers mixed fit classes and a couple of instructors have uploaded routines online. These make me happy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bojtT6Pbcqs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NVj7KbqG2ko

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QU2ksslYzYQ
Old 05-11-17, 09:28 PM  
MoFirmer

Zuzka Light's workouts!
Old 05-13-17, 08:08 AM  
Titus2woman

If you are working with various fitness levels, then I think something by Jessica Smith would be a perfect start.

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-17, 10:37 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
I'm assuming you're looking for body weight exercises or will there be weights available?
For now, we are looking for body weight only. I am going to try to buy weights eventually, so people don't have to haul their weights back and forth from home, but for now we're sticking with body weight. We will move up to tubing first, as tubing is lightweight, and then maybe weights if I can get some.

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions! Some of the workouts I don't have but they are all still very good ideas. Can anyone tell me more about 10 Minute Torchers? I was this close to purchasing on amazon, but then the price went up. This would be a future buy for myself, but I would love to use it for class. And which of Mark Lauren's workouts would you suggest?

I think I am going to suggest Horizontal Conditioning, although I don't really consider it total body. That would pair well with KCM Body Training.

Coming up with total body, bodyweight workouts is so hard! Most of my bodyweight workouts are split. Thanks so much for your help!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 12:49 PM  
DCW

Good morning!

Happy Mother's Day!

Essentrics has 30 minutes full body workouts that may meet your needs.

Stretch and Strength in Motion. www.essentrics.com

DCW
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 01:45 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

if you're able to lead without a video (i'm sure you can!), you can do a routine of your own. if you choose 4 or 5 moves and do 10 to 15 reps, 3 sets each, it'll take you 30 min if you move really quickly, or maybe do 2 sets of each if they're just starting out.

bodyweight moves:

LB:
squats (can vary it by having feet in different positions such as close together, wide apart, etc)
lunges
reverse lunges
plies
calf raises
floorwork (bridges, side leg lifts, table work, hydrants, etc)
curtsy lunges

UB:
dips (triceps)
push-ups (on knees is a good way to start for beginners)
T-stand on either side (with bent elbow, or straight arm style)
side arm push-ups - they can also do this against the wall standing up if on the floor is too difficult for them

core:
planks
crunches
oblique crunches
standing knee ups

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 04:05 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
if you're able to lead without a video (i'm sure you can!), you can do a routine of your own.
Hahaha! Thanks for the vote of confidence, but nope. In fact, I will not be taking part in the classes at all. There is nowhere to shower, and I sweat hard, so it's just out of the question for me. I have cleansing wipes for yoga, but just think I'd be too uncomfortable at work sweating in a class that is at a higher intensity.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 03:54 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Weider X-Factor ST

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minute workouts, body weight, body weight workouts, bodyweight, bodyweight workouts, short workouts, toning