Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-04, 10:41 AM  
Susan

Well, now I'm confused... as always...

I was planning to flip a coin to make the decision about which kit to order, but now there's a third -- and cheaper -- option. But is it better? Is it worse? Does it really matter?

And better yet, would it make a nice stocking stuffer for my dh that he could use once and then abandon... only to be reclaimed by me...

Susan
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-04, 10:51 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

I just ordered the Fitball set (I just can't control myself!) so I'll be happy to compare the two sets. I have a feeling that I'll be buying Yamuna's dvds too when they become available.

One caveat re: the Fitball set - you'll need to buy a needle to inflate the balls if you don't have one (it comes with the set if you order the more expensive professional set.) I called and spoke to someone in customer service and she said that a regular basketball type inflator would work fine, so if you have one of those, you're all set.
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-04, 12:36 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Hey Crystal,

Sorry to take so long to reply. Yes, that is the package I am talking about. I ordered the balls, dvd, and book. I, also, have Yamuna's body rolling green and red balls. I like those balls better, but like Ball Dynamics' dvd better. Yamuna's customer service told me they were working on getting her videos remade as dvds, but didn't know when. I do like Yamuna's foot saver kit, I think it is helping my plantar fasciitis.

It sure is a great concept.

Thanks, Mary.
Softshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-04, 04:57 PM  
Seabush

Bumping. Has anyone else gotten their kit? Comments?

Crystal
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-04, 07:24 PM  
new2me

I received my kit and it looks good. I haven't tried any of it yet though and now that I think about it, yesterday or today would have been a good day to try, lol. I think I'll make it my goal to try it tomorrow or Thursday!

The video is shot in a gymnasium/studio. There is a large "class" of exercisers. The video cuts in and out (in a good way) between her instructing the class and her alone demonstrating correct position. The ball wasn't too horrible to inflate, although I'm not sure I have it correctly inflated--it doesn't seem to want to get any firmer. There are instructions for inflating it.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-04, 07:24 AM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

allaboutmassagers.com said if one ordered more than $50 through the holidays, the order would have free shipping.
Old 12-08-04, 09:45 AM  
Barb
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Aline
allaboutmassagers.com said if one ordered more than $50 through the holidays, the order would have free shipping.
Why do I always miss these deals - I just paid almost $10. in shipping! Oh well.

On another note, I bought Yamuna's Body Rolling book and it is very interesting. I found the leg rolling to be super because I have very tight quads and hamstrings.
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-04, 08:16 PM  
srudd_13
VF Supporter

More thoughts?

Any more thoughts on any of these packages / items? Christmas is getting closer....

Thanks!
srudd_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-04, 02:07 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I got my foot wakers and they are a lot bigger than I thought they would be. I love them and they seem perfect for my PF. I totally recommend them for anyone with foot problems. The Foot Savers plus video is great, but I am a little sensitive and I think I need to work up to that. So the foot wakers are great. I, also, got the pinky balls which I couldn't seem to find anywhere else. Ellie Herman's Pilates Props Workbook has some exercises to use with pinky balls for the feet.

Thanks, Mary.
Old 12-24-04, 02:37 AM  
MelissaA

updates?

Donna--Have you tried your Yamuna set?

Barb--How do you compare the Yamuna set to the Fitball set?

I am trying really hard to wait to order until I hear more about the various sets, but I'll probably cave before I even know what I'm doing. :rolleyes:

ETA: Why did I even bother to ask the above questions? I just ordered the basic kit from allaboutmassagers.com. I couldn't resist the free shipping.
MelissaA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl soleway, stomach massage, yamuna, yamuna ball substitutes