Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-05, 07:30 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Re: Erich - Yoga Media makes good in the end, but they can be a little air-head. You might want to follow up with an email, Lexy.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-05, 10:06 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Jane, thanks for the tip. Just emailed them. It's only been 8 days so maybe tomorrow.

Lexy
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-19, 10:00 PM  
Pam

Old Threat Alert

Anyone still using Yamuna ball rolling? Just did part of the lower back DVD today and I think it could be beneficial. I am tight in my lower back, hips and thighs, so thought Yamuna could help, in addition to a lot of stretching. It seems like the balls would into the muscles better a flat roller. Has anyone had experience with both types of rolling and can compare their experience with both? TIA
Old 12-22-19, 01:52 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Thank you for reviving this thread! I am going to dig through my DVD's because I think I have Yamuna's and need to do it!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 10:17 AM  
cyana

I've been suffering from guilt that my Yamuna balls have been collecting dust of late. I have some of the DVD's, the black, gold and pearl balls and went to several workshops some years back when we had a teacher in the area. Unfortunately she's moved away.

I strongly prefer Yamuna balls to foam rollers. I find foam rolling to be sensational in a frequently overwhelming way. You can adjust the amount of air in the balls to suit your body.

What I need to do is use the DVD's, write down the specific exercises that I want to focus on and just do those versus trying to do the DVD's. The DVD's are well done, but they're like a class or workshop, and run longer than I have if I'm going to use the balls consistently.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 11:18 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Some humor for my fellow VFers...... even though I've done a workout and am now sipping coffee, I am clearly not awake because I started this thread from the beginning and thought to myself "why is anyone doing a VHF release at this point and what do you mean they're going to release on DVD soon?" It didn't occur to me that I was reading an old thread. Doh!

All that said, I'm very intrigued by this!
Old 12-22-19, 11:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I was surprised to open a thread and see Jane C. Wonder what she's been up to?
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 04:22 PM  
Pam

i would love to hear your opinions whether you think it is beneficial to use balls that Yamuna sells (she still has balls & DVDs for sale on her website)? I have several different sizes of playground balls and was hoping not to purchase Yamuna’s.
Old 12-22-19, 04:23 PM  
Pam

It was fun to read some of this older thread!
Old 12-22-19, 05:26 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
i would love to hear your opinions whether you think it is beneficial to use balls that Yamuna sells (she still has balls & DVDs for sale on her website)? I have several different sizes of playground balls and was hoping not to purchase Yamuna’s.
Pam, I don’t have any Yamuna balls or videos. I do have the Yamuna book and Jill Miller’s book and Balls. I also love an OOP Cheryl Soleway dvd titled small ball release. I definitely don’t use it enough.

Despite really enjoying the melt roller DVDs I do feel I can get deeper using ball rolling. The only exception is my IT band. I need to use a foam roller in that area first because balls go too deep to use them without a roller warm-up in the area.

I enjoy the melt ball work for hands and feet. Would I like to try Yamuna? Definitely, but the prices for her Balls and DVDs are overpriced to the point of ridiculousness. Even her downloads are $20.00 a piece! I can’t support that.

It seems like her balls are slightly different in size than the less expensive balls on the market but I can’t imagine it would make that much difference as the size differences are slight.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl soleway, stomach massage, yamuna, yamuna ball substitutes