Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-20, 07:19 PM  
manleym

Kittybug, I get you on the sleep. I'm an 8 hour + gal and I get cra-n-ky when it's less. I've said before that if sleeping were an Olympic sport I would win gold!!
ETA: I slept well BEFORE peri and menopause.

I just finished Interval Max/IMax 1. Kittybug, you did a lovely and thorough review of the IMaxes! Well done! I also loved the longer warm-up. Needed it after Gym Style Legs yesterday. I used an 8 inch step so I have to confess that by the 10th interval, I was ready to be done with those tuck jumps. But I made it through and liked how basic the moves were. Nothing new or complicated, which was really nice. Music was just so-so for me. It may have been my mood though. I think this is a very flexible IMax, meaning it is easier to make more or less intense than the other IMaxes. And you can zone out and still have a good workout since the choreography is so basic.

Welcome Bchgrl42! Glad you are joining us!!

Fanofladyvols, just finished a Tracie Core Movement and it felt great after IMax 1!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 07:42 AM  
Bchgrl42

Oh, you guys are light years ahead of me physically. Today I did Revd Up Rumble and that was plenty. Need to build up my cardio endurance not to mention my strength. One depressing thing I noticed doing my jabs etc was how loose and crepey my arms have gotten with age (I’ll be 51 in May). Theoretically it seems like kickboxing (and weights of course) could help alleviate that a little? Anyone have thoughts on that?
You’re all welcome to join me on my peloton! We got it last fall and I loved it at first but after a few weeks of doing great I suddenly decided I was horribly out of shape for it and let it intimidate me and slid back to doing just beginner rides. It’s a stupid mental thing I need to break free of.
Bchgrl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 10:57 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, you rock, sister!! And that confirms my suspicion on the original Imax. She designed it to be on an 8-inch step, and I think it probably is overall more intense than Imax 2 if done on that 8-inch step like you did. Of course, I still wanted interval 10 to be done too, hah!!

And you're right that it can be made more or less intense at any time...Cathe even does a great job of giving modifications during each interval to make that possible. So now that I've done it and see how basic the choreography is, I think next time I'll be brave and try 8 inches. You know, like if I've had sleep like I did last night (yay!) and feel more human than I did yesterday!

Bchgrl42, awesome on Revd Up Rumble! I'm so ashamed to admit I haven't even tried several of the Lite workouts, though they've been sitting on my shelf for ages. That was one of the purposes of my adventure here, doing a chronological rotation, to get myself to do workouts I haven't even done!

Of course, I'm just acquiring more workouts because of all the enablers here! And the enabling is about more than just acquiring the workouts, it's given me confidence I can DO said workouts I didn't previously think I could do!

Like fanofladyvols said, we're here to inspire and cheer each other on, so hang around!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 11:51 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchgrl42 View Post
Oh, you guys are light years ahead of me physically. Today I did Revd Up Rumble and that was plenty. Need to build up my cardio endurance not to mention my strength. One depressing thing I noticed doing my jabs etc was how loose and crepey my arms have gotten with age (I’ll be 51 in May). Theoretically it seems like kickboxing (and weights of course) could help alleviate that a little? Anyone have thoughts on that?
You’re all welcome to join me on my peloton! We got it last fall and I loved it at first but after a few weeks of doing great I suddenly decided I was horribly out of shape for it and let it intimidate me and slid back to doing just beginner rides. It’s a stupid mental thing I need to break free of.
Just did Rev’d Up Rumble! Love it! I wear weighted gloves to kick it up a notch. That calorie Crush is intense!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 12:14 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh Miss Kitty! Thank you so much for your thoughts on the IMAXes!! That really helps although I still haven't decided which step workout to do next. LOL

Bchgrl42: Welcome to our fierce club. Yes YOU TOO!! No matter what level you're at. Glad you joined us! I LOVE kickboxing and the more I do, the more toned my arms and shoulders get. Can't seem to get rid of the loose underarm skin though. Oh well.

Manley: I have a love/hate relationship with tuck jumps. Sometimes the ol' legs are just too heavy! I also like how basic it is so you can just put all your energy into the moves.

ChelePA: I always use my weighted gloves when I do boxing/kickboxing workouts. Really ups the intensity. I have two pair. 1.5lb and a 3lb pair. Those get tough!

Today I took a slight detour and did Peak 10 More Cardio Strength. I still have several untried Michelle workouts too, so will sneak those in with Cathe.
Tough stuff, lots of intense cardio, but I love these workouts! They humble me because I only use 8s and 10s but Michelle's pace is fast and many of the exercises would be unsafe with too heavy a weight. Yup, that's my excuse. ;-)
Seriously though, really good metabolic workout. Cathe and Michelle go good together.

Look at all the different kinds of FIERCE we have in this room!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 12:23 PM  
manleym

Quote:
One depressing thing I noticed doing my jabs etc was how loose and crepey my arms have gotten with age (I’ll be 51 in May). Theoretically it seems like kickboxing (and weights of course) could help alleviate that a little? Anyone have thoughts on that?
I'm right there with ya Bchgrl42! I'm 52 and I've noticed a loss of muscle tone the past few years and I work out 6 days a week, doing a variety of workouts at a usually mid-high intensity. I do think kickboxing (esp. wearing weighted gloves) will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Of course, I'm just acquiring more workouts because of all the enablers here! And the enabling is about more than just acquiring the workouts, it's given me confidence I can DO said workouts I didn't previously think I could do!

Like fanofladyvols said, we're here to inspire and cheer each other on, so hang around!!
Here, here, Kittybug!! AMEN to all the above!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Just did Rev’d Up Rumble! Love it! I wear weighted gloves to kick it up a notch. That calorie Crush is intense!
Rev'd Up Rumble is good. Scrambled Premix #1 is my go-to for RUR. Check it out if you want to really kick it up a notch and want a longer workout than the main one. Wearing weighted gloves is a great way to increase the intensity. Might think about a weighted vest too. Hmmm....
Old 02-26-20, 12:27 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Brchgrl42, so glad to have you here!!! It's so fun and inspiring. I just turned 55 and I'm not as tough as these girls here but these Cathe workouts have been so much fun. I modify where needed and when I'm done, it's just the best feeling of accomplishment! I totally understand the mental thing and feeling intimidated. I was in a pattern of choosing easier workouts for a long while and part of it was me thinking well, I'm in my 50's after all, I should be slowing down. Then I started reading this thread and these fierce friends made it seem so much fun that I had to join in.

I'm going to do the original Imax tonight. I'll let you all know how I do; it's not one I've done in many, many years.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 12:28 PM  
manleym

KateTT, I'm glad I'm not the only one whose legs feel like boulders when doing tuck jumps! They are probably my LEAST favorite exercise!

Yay for doing Cardio Strength! It is NOT easy! So much fun and a GREAT workout! I love Peak 10 workouts too!! You definitely can't go heavy with these! I'm so impressed you're using 8's and 10's! I think I use 5's and 8's!!
Old 02-26-20, 05:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Bchgrl42 let me just say there's nothing wrong with relying on beginner workouts for periods of time. I am confident your body called for you to back off if not physically then mentally. Maybe one day we will understand these ebb and flows we have to undergo as we adapt to our hormones. Until then, I refuse to call it wimping out or anything along those lines. We gotta listen to our body. Then something will happen...and you'll want to challenge yourself.

Like I don't know...Someone named kittybug may casually propose w rock your body party?

Then a Manley and Kim or so will say yeah... let's roll girl!

But in all of it, you'll find that it's a-okay to sometimes challenge yourself...and sometimes rest.
Fierce ALWAYS..either way

Pure strength chest and MIS chest worked well for me. The warm-up on PS is nice and long. THE chest tempo in MIS a little quicker and she varies the counts so I had to lower my weight on my barbell but I was a shaky lady at the end but not in a bad way because it felt just right. I once again for both workouts alternated between pushups and my pull-up progression modification instead of only doing push-ups. I don't know about the PS cooldown because I HAD to answer the call of Tracie and do mobility exercises from her new Sig Series 1.

Kim wishing you good luck on IMAX!!

Kate you're so right! We are all different kinds of Fierce here.

Manley I don't do tuck jumps...I think I'm doing hopskotches :-P

ChelePA can you compare Revd up rumble to Kickmax? That's the only Cathe kickbox workout I have.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 06:49 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Bchgrl42 let me just say there's nothing wrong with relying on beginner workouts for periods of time. I am confident your body called for you to back off if not physically then mentally. Maybe one day we will understand these ebb and flows we have to undergo as we adapt to our hormones. Until then, I refuse to call it wimping out or anything along those lines. We gotta listen to our body. Then something will happen...and you'll want to challenge yourself.

Like I don't know...Someone named kittybug may casually propose w rock your body party?

Then a Manley and Kim or so will say yeah... let's roll girl!

But in all of it, you'll find that it's a-okay to sometimes challenge yourself...and sometimes rest.
Fierce ALWAYS..either way

Pure strength chest and MIS chest worked well for me. The warm-up on PS is nice and long. THE chest tempo in MIS a little quicker and she varies the counts so I had to lower my weight on my barbell but I was a shaky lady at the end but not in a bad way because it felt just right. I once again for both workouts alternated between pushups and my pull-up progression modification instead of only doing push-ups. I don't know about the PS cooldown because I HAD to answer the call of Tracie and do mobility exercises from her new Sig Series 1.

Kim wishing you good luck on IMAX!!

Kate you're so right! We are all different kinds of Fierce here.

Manley I don't do tuck jumps...I think I'm doing hopskotches :-P

ChelePA can you compare Revd up rumble to Kickmax? That's the only Cathe kickbox workout I have.
Where is the freaking like....no, where is the freaking LOVE button??? I LOVE THIS! Yeah, everything SHE said!

KateTT and Manleym, another tuck jump hater here!! Sometimes they're not so bad but the double tucks in Imax in the last interval? UG!!

Yes, Kim, report back on the Imax party!!

ChelePA, you and Manleym and KateTT are fierce with your weighted gloves!

And KateTT, la la la on the Michelle Dozois of whom I know nothing and nope, don't need any more enabling, la la la...can't hear you!

So I just finished Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps and felt STRONG, which is in contrast to how I felt all the other days this week. And now that I'll be moving on to adding in the Sash Series next week, I have some thoughts on the Gym Styles after doing them in their entirety for the last three weeks.

Usually the first time I do a Cathe strength workout, I'm really sore the first time but not so much subsequent times unless I don't do that workout again for months. Not with the Gym Styles. I have been SORE for days after each one, all three weeks. They just never, ever get any easier, do they?

And then this happened..the other day, I was getting dressed and noticed this dark spot on my right arm, right above my elbow. I tried to rub it away, but it wasn't a smudge...and then I thought WHY does it look like I have a hole in my arm?

Did I tear a muscle?

(quickly checks other side)

Oh, no, I have one on my left arm too.

(moves arms up and down and realizes...)

OH...that's, like, an indentation near where my muscle inserts at the front of the elbow, because my biceps muscle is popping out above it! Like, I suddenly have a bit of definition that wasn't there before! Dunno how long that will last, but it's kinda cool right now!

Stay fierce, friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in