Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-15, 12:52 PM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I highly recommend it. I'm an advanced exerciser and a runner, and use this set a lot. It is one of my favorite workout systems.

Erica

Thanks Erica - did you do any of the rotations or just use the DVDs here and there as you saw fit
Old 07-17-15, 12:58 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy75 View Post
Thanks Erica - did you do any of the rotations or just use the DVDs here and there as you saw fit
I did not follow a rotation. I only do the strength workouts since I really love running for cardio.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 01:46 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy g View Post
yay! It was true! I'll be ordering for sure. I love body beast, 21 day fix, and 21 day fix extreme so a set that combines all of it sounds great! Can't wait.

Kathy
+1

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 06:07 PM  
MARIKA

I think Beast is one of the best and my fave weight lifting sets ever. The workouts are 45 min basically tops and gets it done. You don't feel like you need anything after it. The Cardio routine is one my fave cardio workout too.
Old 07-17-15, 08:07 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
IMO Hammer and Chisel is marginally worse than Cathe's ICE Series (it's not ICE but the 'blizzard blasts' and 'icy core' that have me cringing). Ah well, I'll buy it without hesitation for another round of Sagi's training.
I do hate the name. They couldn't have come up with a better one? Like Body Beast 2?

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-15, 09:05 PM  
firmaniac

The ad is cool! Nice to see the old The FIRM signature 'tall box leg press with weights' move in it. Very effective with less reps and time efficient!

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-15, 06:05 AM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
I use it and got great results. Improved my shoulders, which for me is good because I have wide hips. So, I little more definition makes my waits look smaller.

The program is marketed for men. There are macho and beast talk but...well it doesn't bother me. I am around men all.the.time at work. I am use to this kind of stuff but I can see it can turn off others.

Now, if you want to build muscle the routine is very good. It is an advance program. Is intense! The only exersise that some may not interested are the Shrugs for traps. There is no room for intense cardio if you are challenging yourself enough with weights. Low intensity cardio is all I was doing while I used BB.

I see this new workouts are not Body Beast 2. I bet they are good, but I hope a Body Beast sequel is on schedule.
thanks for this detail. Nice to hear of your results and input about ability to so extra cardio throughout a Beast rotation
Old 07-18-15, 06:18 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

I read that as "hamster and chisel"

I'd buy it!
Old 07-18-15, 06:23 AM  
Tugger31

This one definitely interests me, but I'll wait for reviews. I'm really hoping this set isn't a big disappointment. I don't want this to be another "for the masses" set and have the instructors "dumb it down" so to speak to attract more buyers and/or turn this more into workouts that fit the current "metabolic" craze. Isn't the "chisel" more about diet?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-15, 06:34 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
This one definitely interests me, but I'll wait for reviews. I'm really hoping this set isn't a big disappointment. I don't want this to be another "for the masses" set and have the instructors "dumb it down" so to speak to attract more buyers and/or turn this more into workouts that fit the current "metabolic" craze. Isn't the "chisel" more about diet?
good points

Tags
autumn calabrese, body beast 2, hammer and chisel, power lifting, sagi kalev