Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-21, 06:28 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - There’s a really good reason “wet dog” isn’t sold as a scent. 4/11

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 06:39 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today's theme is, of course, dedicated to Gus. May he have many fun adventures this spring.

We don't have a lot scheduled for today. We'll attend church this morning virtually, and I need to cook something for DH. We had rain last night and are supposed to see storms this afternoon, so I don't know if we'll get out much.

Paula - I hope you had a pleasant day trip. Yeah, we have geese by the neighborhood pond. They always act like they own the joint.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-11-21, 07:49 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! Gus is proud of the wet dog scent he has - he's been invoking it lots lately!

Well yesterday was Curse Like a Sailor Day for me - got the porch cover washed and put up and laced in once it was dry - I finished around 8:30 at night, so it was a late night for me as I did dishes and laundry afterwards. I also had the couch recovering guy out to my house to potentially redo my couch - it'll be expensive and take about two months to do, but worth it for me.

Today, I'll be meeting some friends for a walk with Gus. Otherwise it's a pretty open day, but I'll be putzing in the yard and gardens weeding beds before the weeds get too big - my first daffodils will bloom today!

Laura, I like virtual church services as I don't have to dress up for them - I'm comfy in my PJs watching them . I think Gus likes the ducks more than the geese as those guys stand up to him and hiss at him when we go by - the ducks flee. I'm not sure about turkey sounds from this hen as she was silent walking by. The rains aren't fun, but I'm enjoying the greening up of the lawns as a result of the rains.

Paula, are you starting a new quilt for your charity organization? Hope you have a good trip - are you flying or taking your camper? I've not seen goslings yet at the park, but wonder if I'll see Big Mama Goose taking over all the babies at the park - last year one goose mama had about forty babies following her - all the other mamas were partying without babies.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 09:07 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. DH and I decided to take a day trip to Joshua Tree Nat. Park. We did a hike while there but no other workout.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. Ah...know the scent of wet dog well. We did have a pleasant day trip, but now I'm tired. I'll be hitting the sack early.

Anita, Aren't all dogs proud of their wet dog scent? Yes, I started the new quilt for my charity organization. We just went on a day trip - we took the new Forester as DH thought the new car needed a long run. He had fun playing with all the functions. We took turns driving and we did get to know the car better.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 07:35 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

We're having more typical spring weather this week - highs in the mid40s and lows near freezing - pretty typical. My forsythia is blooming, my scilla and crocuses are blooming, and just a few daffodils are beginning to bloom - just fantastic! I'm planning on giving Gus a nice walk and putzing around outside - one of these days I've got to start sanding down my concrete patio to remove old paint that's peeling. I've got a fancy electric sander so planning on using that. I've got a Spades game planned for this evening.

Paula, ooooh, I think Joshua Tree park is cool! Nice trip! Did you do a hike out there also? Glad you're getting more familiar with the new Forester.

Anita
Old 04-12-21, 09:14 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a busy day already. A really big box of stuff from Amazon's Subscribe & Save program got damaged, and the carrier cancelled the shipment and automatically refunded me everything. With Subscribe & Save, you get an extra discount and they ship stuff monthly. That means that you can't reorder the stuff in the same month at the same price. And, of course, the box was full of stuff I need now. I had to talk to several people at Amazon and I finally found someone who had me reorder everything and she applied the discount manually. Plus, I had to talk to the pest company about them finally installing that mouse trap in the backyard they said they would install in March. And I caught up on paperwork on the tutoring website.

This evening, I have a new person to train in Excel. I'm not sure what I'll get into this afternoon.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-12-21, 09:16 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Paula - It sounds like a nice day. Hope you slept well last night.

Anita - Your spring sounds wonderful, lots of flowers. Enjoy your day of putzing.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 04-12-21, 08:43 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 22 Strength followed by Tamilee Floor Stretch.

We did grocery shopping today and got some meal prep done.

Anita, yay on seeing Spring flowers start to bloom. We saw a few cacti in bloom in the park. Yes, we did a hike while in the park. Have you been to Joshua Tree Nat. Park. I love Joshua Tree. DH and I usually go once or twice each year. I remember when I was in high school my Mom used to take us there for a and let my brother climb on the rocks, now those rocks are used by budding rock climbers.

Laura, Glad Amazon was able to help you. Do you have to track each damaged item individually? Interestingly I ordered a auto visor organizer and decided I didn't like it, was going to return it and they said they would refund the money but I didn't need to return the item. I thought that was a little odd, but OK. Maybe DH can use it in his car.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 07:47 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

We've got snow! Not lots, just a dusting on cars and my porch and roof. I did disconnect and turn off the hose water yesterday anticipating the cold weather. I think the flowers will still survive and my water feature is doing OK. I'm still sweeping pussy willows, but those are coming to an end in dropping this week.

Today I'm planning on walking Gus (like every day ). Nothing is planned, so I'll be putzing around the house. I did contact a cleaning crew to come and clean my windows inside and out - including screens. I tried cleaning some a few years ago and think professionals should do better than me and there's ones that I can't reach easily, so rather have professionals use their ladders and crawling skills. It should happen next week.

Laura, I don't order anything from Amazon to know their shipment policies - was this food or hobby stuff that you lost? Hope the new student is fun!

Paula, I've been to Joshua Tree National Park many years ago with a friend from work - he couldn't do lots of walking, so we drove through and stopped several times to look around at the cacti, but no trails were hiked. This was a year he had retired and rented a house in AZ for several months - lots of guests there for him.

Anita
Old 04-13-21, 11:07 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today is a much more relaxed day and we have no appointments. I may try to go to the chiropractor this afternoon and to the bulb store because we need a speciality lightbulb.

The box that was damaged had a lot of essential stuff like laundry detergent (with DH's allergies, there is only one we can use) and drugstore stuff (which is highly specialized because of DH's needs). There was a craft item or two and those I wasn't so concerned with. Usually, I'd just go look at the Orders page and see what had been refunded, but, because they were Subscribe & Save, they didn't show up on that page. So I went through every email I got letting me know about one item and then searched for the item on Amazon and added it to my cart while the Amazon person figured out the credit to apply to my account. This woman was smart enough to realize that I wasn't getting off the phone until she fixed my problem.

Paula - It sounds like a really nice place to go. It's fun to have "favorite places" in your general area. We need one or two in this area!

Anita - DH keeps saying that at some point we'll need to wash the windows on our porch. I always say that's something we'll pay for! Good decision.

Laura's Workout Mantras: