Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-21, 07:02 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of April 4

Good morning everyone. My workout yesterday was CTX Leaner Legs & Abs, another blast from the past. The leg work was good but the ab work was 9 minutes of crunches, which was not great .

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Waves!
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 05:12 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Happy Easter! We are having a perfectly beautiful day here!

Sorry I have not posted in a couple days. Friday I drove to DeBary, Fl, about 4 hours away, for the marathon which was at 0700 Saturday morning. It went great! Perfect weather, about 51 degrees at the start. There was a brisk wind but we were on a paved trail and mostly out of the wind. It was the most beautiful marathon course I have ever run on. Almost all flattish, paved trail and part of the Florida Trail system. All kind of safety protocols. Everyone had to wear masks till we started, including spectators. Then when we got ready to start, we were not allowed to remove our masks till we got out of the starting chute, which had the electronic timing mats you have to go over to get an official time. Then we could remove masks. Once you are on the course you are pretty separate. Gosh I think that wind would blow any virus away!

I did fine till we got halfway and then my back and hips started hurting and probably by mile 18 there was a lot of walking. Likely I have bulging discs per my
PT and sometimes they flare up despite a lot of stretching. So I walked when needed, ran as much as I could and I finished!! We had great water stops on the course, about every 1-2 miles. So all in all a great day.

I never knew Central Florida was so beautiful. Of course even we Floridians think of Orlando and Disney when we think of the central Florida but it is so much more and very lovely.

Off to catch up on posts I missed. Hope to chat later.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 05:26 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Everyone here in my city can, starting tomorrow, get vaccinated starting tomorrow if they are 16 years or older.
Old 04-05-21, 07:43 AM  
Cher

No workout yesterday. Saturday was Jenny Ford’s Walk Across America Ohio and the first stretch from Cathe’s Total Body Stretch.

JBliff - Thanks for starting us off for the week!

Karen - Good job on your race! Wow, that sounds hard to me! Everyone over 16 can get vaccinated starting today her too. My aunt (Gail) was telling me my little cousin Ronan (my aunts grandson) told his mom (my cousin Audra), “When they say 8 year olds can get vaccinated, sign me up! I’m sick of living like this.” He has had such a hard time with all this. He told his mom & dad a couple months ago that he was sick of his family and living like this and was running away. (He has 2 little brothers). My cousin is very strict with keeping them isolated and apparently he’s had it. She had him doing some Zoom visits with a therapist and the therapist told my cousin that she may have to loosen up a bit. My aunt is vaccinated now so my cousin has started letting her come visit outside now that it is warmer. (Ronan used to go in his room at night and sneak and call my aunt on his Kiddie iPad and talk to her. ).
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 08:49 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Perfect30 Low Impact HiiT + an episode of Essentrics.

Karjoy - I'm sorry to hear your back & hip pain flared up but good for you finishing the marathon. The course sounds really nice.

Cher
- Your little cousin is so funny. I think kids are really having a tough time with the lockdown, so I'm glad his mom is relaxing things a bit. Now if we can only get everyone to get vaccinated we'd be able to go back to normal faster.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 05:21 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher I agree with your little cousin. Let’s be done with this! It’s got to be so hard on kids. Yes, for the sake of sanity we may have to relax a tiny bit occasionally. Thank goodness the CDC says fully vaccinated grandparents can visit their grandkids carefully now. Isn’t it funny how kids tell the truth?

I’m resting for a few days but already feel much better today.

Thinking of you Vannie and Gibbee.
Old 04-05-21, 06:54 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, can we still be friends after today's game?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 06:01 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was LITE Pyramid Scrambled Total Body premix which alternated upper and lower body. I did 2 sets of each exercise.

Vannie - Of course we can still befriends even after that game! We’re sort of used to our Tigers usually losing.

JBliff - Totally agree about the vaccines.

Karen - Yes, kids are so funny with the truth sometimes!

Waves Gibbee!
Old 04-06-21, 07:15 AM  
Vantreesta

I told my brother I had to make sure not to gloat. But the Tigers did rally, it just didn't happen till too late. Did you watch the game? I startled Cyric, I think, with my jumping and hollering at Cruz's grand slam, especially after he almost did it and it went foul. I was excited for Baddoo the other day when he homered at his first big league at bat. What a cool memory he will always have, and his family was in the stands to see it!

ETA: I didn't realize the Tigers' 9th inning runs yesterday were from a Baddoo grand slam! That is awesome! Wonder when the last time was that each team hit a grand slam in the same game?

Okay, I will get back to talking fitness instead of baseball.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-21, 05:14 AM  
Cher

Workout today was Jenny Ford Walk Across America New Hampshire and IDTV Mama Yin for a stretch.

Vannie - I saw parts of the game. DH tends to get disgusted when they are losing and flips it off for a while than back on again later. Sometimes it irritates me. I missed Baddoo’s grand slam but, of course, we heard all about it later.