Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-02-21, 06:25 PM  
Helen

SARAH

Glad to have you aboard !! and you've jumped right into our jargon. Cool!
And Day 1 in the bag.

SUSAN
Way to go on slipping a workout into otherwise unused gap time!!! Very inventive.

LILI
Tech issues - SO annoying when they happen - hopefully you won't need to spend hours on end with a service provider to get the problem resolved.

CLEDA
Loved your soap-box spiel. Absolutely right too!
Buddy's space isn't ready YET - and we're HANGING for it!!! Supposed to be end done by now but the rain ... and the rain ... and the rain ...

I'll join you in the public goals - and copying some - it's not stealing since you still get to keep yours
• Exercise 45 minutes a day
• Continue yoga right after work
• Run/Jog/Walk 1.6 km each day (a mile)
• Minimum of one Cathe chrono workout / week
• REALLY try to make my 'buddy' workouts the extras on top of my OWN rota

Fri, 2nd of April
22min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 13 Space
90min dog walk with DH - that included the mile run (strike that) JOG - measured on Google Earth down along the harbour. No, DH did NOT run with me, he walked with Alice - who had already been run ragged chasing a ball.
56min, Les Mills - Body Balance 35
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 06:04 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Not a fancy sign ...

Sarah: I don't do the fancy signs but my welcome is just as heartfelt. Glad to have you! We love having new people join the check in. It just seems to breathe new breath into it and we get to see more workouts. (it's amazing how many times small things will trigger something for us and we're off!) It truly is a great place to post and stay motivated. You will find me rather long winded, (they are all used to it here!) so feel free to just skip over if you want! (or if you're short on time. ha! Leopards don't change their spots, so I doubt I ever will!) And I agree - getting outside is soooo good for us!!!

Susan: I LOVE IT!!!! Kay does counter push ups all the time. (and I admit, I actually did some while making supper last night!!) what a WONDERFUL use of your time. and STRONG. Like bull! That's wonderful. Makin' it work (and counts).

Helen:
Your goals are your own (and heaven knows I'd NEVER put YOGA in mine. hahahahahaha. Never say never!!!) And for a second I felt like such a slacker ... Look! Helen's doing 1.6 of running with a bum knee and I'm slacking at 1 mile. Then I realized -- D'oh! It's km. Ok, I'm not a slacker. (oh wait! No negative self-talk. lol) So your buddy workouts are like my p.m. workouts. I limit them to 4 nights a week!!!

Two things I like to remember:
  1. Never 2 rest days in a row
  2. It's so much easier to stay IN shape and keep moving then to get BACK into shape by slacking.

Of course, Every day in the month/year helps! (just random thoughts - obviously need more coffee!)

Lili: I am so sorry about your casting issues. That would drive me crazy (hence the reason I'll probably give up Bellicon streaming!) I hope you get it resolved. I stream from the bike or use the app on my smart tv. So I can't help. Hey - wait - do you have the ability to load APPS on your tv? Oh never mind - that's through my roku stick. (told ya all -- need more coffee).

Waves to Pam and anyone else who might be hanging around!!! Come join the party!!!

On to my favorite subject: ME, ME, ME:

I'm into the 3rd day of April and so far? Goals are going well. Ha! I'm concerned about next week - as the challenge schedule looks kinda rough, I work Sat. and well ... The whole starting of the rotation is tiring? I need to get over that first (exhausted) hurdle and then I'll be good. That's why I started the double sessions of rowing early - to make it habit before April came. Had 2 weeks of it behind me. The mile a day will be interesting. (I had put that I"m not a runner. But I am a runner. Doing away with the negative self talk!)

4/2/2021: 30 mins. Cold Play Run (Becs) got in my mile!!!, 30 mins. Emma Groove ride, 20 minutes Ally Low Impact Ride**, Post Ride Stretch, 10 mins. Emma Core, 10 minutes Full Body Stretch w/Matty

The Cold Play run did not do for me what emma's CP ride does, but it was good. Not sure I'd go back and do it again (with so many other choices.) But the Ally low Impact ride from 4/2/2021 @ 9:30 a.m.? Hmmm. . . Yes! I'd redo. It was great for a cooldown ride (mostly zone 2) and it was all Broadway tunes. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Was going to do a Sundays With Love, but I've done them all (I thought there was a couple I Missed) and although I like them - there is so much content to try on Peloton, I figured something different would be good.

Ok, off to read some more and get busy. My challenge riders meet at 10 a.m. for our hour long ride. That will earn me some bonus points for my team.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 01:58 PM  
firmiewannabe

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

4/2 - Jessica Smith Gentle Yoga Stretch
4/3 - walk outside, Tara Stiles Yoga Transformation weight loss & balance

During my Jessica Smith stretch, instead of being all zen and full of peace, I noticed my toenail polish was really chipped and needed to be redone. Yep. I'm still trying to find my inner peace. The Tara Stiles is a new to me dvd. Beautiful desert scenery, she's a very chill teacher, but wow there were tons of downward dog. It started to irritate my wrists so I started skipping some of them. It just seemed like overkill. I did paint my toes today so my future yoga posing shouldn't be distracted by poorly painted toes. For months, I didn't paint them but finally decided last month that I own a ton of fun colors and should use them to brighten up my Spring.

Have a great day!
Sarah
firmiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 03:32 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Sarah - I laughed at your toenails needed painting comment. I have never successfully meditated because my mind just goes and goes.
Cleda - It's a shame the Cold Play run wasn't as good as the ride. I still haven't found it, but then I get distracted while I'm looking and decide on something else.
Helen - Good for you running your mile! Nice to have hubby join you on the dog walk.

My Peloton problem: I find it frustrating because it has worked fine until now. I have tried to download the app on my tv, but it's a Samsung and Peloton is not available. I did contact customer service yesterday, but after typing out my question and not receiving an answer, I went to change clothes. While I was gone, someone reached out, but left when I didn't respond. I'll try again. Of course, their suggestion was, did I try turning the TV off and on? What?

4/3 - dog walk, so I got my mile in for the day.

My second vaccination kicked my butt this morning. I felt great all day yesterday, but I've had a killer headache since about 3AM. Add to that my arms and shoulders are sore from yesterday's workout! Oddly, the vaccination site didn't hurt at all this time, and that was my only complaint with the first one. This to shall pass, but my dog walk is it for today.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-21, 06:21 PM  
Helen

We're driving down to Sydney today (Sunday) to visit with Bridget, and taking lunch with us - DH spent hours yesterday making things.

Saturday, the 3rd of April
20min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 14 Grace
90min, dog walk, down to flat of harbour for the 1 mile jog, it's more a careful shuffle still, until I get used to the movement.
two trips 4 blocks downhill & back up - a new "Metro" supermarket has opened at the bottom of our street & DH sent me down for various things with the cooking yesterday. Finished the day at 160 floors.

LILI
Glad you've had the 2nd vaccine, albeit with worse side effects. I've seen anecdotal stories that they only last a couple of days at the most.

SARAH
Yoga is my combined meditation & stretch, and I'd be distracted by chipped polish as well - the monkey mind is so hard to turn off. Fun spring idea to keep them coloured.

CLEDA
Getting BACK into shape is harder - totally agree - than STAYING in shape.
Fabulous notion.
Thank you for reminding me of Kay's bench-top pushups. They're need to be my next phase of getting BACK to where I was before breaking my shoulder - was at 25xtoes pushups.
Note to self - add pushups & pullups to goal list....

HI PAM!! and any other lurkers.
Kay - coming back? We miss you.

Will need to wear something I can jog in down to see Bridget - to get my "daily mile".

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-04-21, 04:27 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

4/4 - dog walk & gardening
Bellicon's Lite Cardio w/ Jeremy
I felt like doing more, but I think I'll try and get a little more gardening in while the weather is nice.

I feel fine today, a little tired, but that was from a late night last night and Baxter deciding it was time to get up at 5:20.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-21, 07:40 PM  
Helen

LILI
Glad you're feeling better - seems like Baxter knew it too!
If anyone is asleep, Alice stays for the snooze too.

Sunday, the 4th of April
Day spent driving to Sydney, visiting with Bridget & driving home again
had a long walk & talk to the off-lead park day's mile done, but only walked

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-05-21, 04:15 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Monday Morning check in

Gotta get this on paper (cyber though it may be) before the day gets away from me.

Lili: my normal wake up time is about 4 a.m. The cats get very confused on weekends when I LIKE to sleep a little later. (6 a.m.?) I tried to get mirror imaging to work with Bellicon- no go. So frustrating. So, I'll not be renewing. Wish they had a better platform for it.

Helen: not "only walked". You got your mile done. You did it. Walk or run doesn't matter. It's movement. Change that verbage!

Sarah: I have a terrible time trying to focus during meditation or yoga or any of that. I am getting better. It takes practice (no pun intended!)

Waves to Pam, Susan and anyone else reading.
On to me, me and all me ....I'm falling behind and that will never do:

4/3/2021: Rowed 45 minutes (Aquil), run 1 mile with my Ipod**, 60 minutes Power Zone ride with Christine and my challenge group (tons of high 5s to make the time go by quicker), 10 mins. Cool down ride, 10 minutes Post Ride stretch (thought this was 5 mins. Ooops! but the stretch did my body good) 10 mins.Core with Emma, 10 minutes Yoga flow for the hips (which actually felt good - it was beginner and it was for the challenge.)

4/4/2021: 20 mins. walk/run with Selena, 10 mins. walk cooldown with Selena, 15 mins. Glutes & Legs w/Ben, 10 mins. Core w/Matty, 10 mins. Arms & Light weights with Leanne, switched over to the Hydrow app and did 2 10 mins. Mobility workouts with Peter. The first one ended up being for shoulders and posture and using the foam roller. OUCH! forgot how that hurts, but it did me good. Second one was a good stretchy one that I enjoy! I also walked at the park for a lap (about 2 miles?) ...

**I used my Ipod for my one mile. Not every run has to be with a Peloton workout. I forgot how much I missed my music and just jogging along. This was great. Brought back memories of my training on the tread for the half marathon I did a few years back. My Ipod is old though and won't hold a charge. It goes for maybe 45 mins. to an hour. So, I have a battery right near by to use while I'm on the tread. This also means that I will be able to do my beloved cardio coaches again. I am hoping to get a new Ipod sometime down the road. We'll see. (It's a non food reward for one of my long-ish goals).

Ok, gotta run and workout before work.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 04-05-21, 11:24 PM  
Helen

Thanks Cleda - I needed that.

My iPod is so old I can't even remember the name of what kind it is! About 1" x 2" Nano?

Monday, the 5th of April
DID the mile
DID the next Adriene (Dedicate, Day 16 Dulce) 24min
Visited with buddy for DH to have a look at their build - they wanted advice about the stairs (DH being an architect).

Was SO close to FINISHING getting the iso files of ALL my DVDs, that I didn't do much else - and that job IS FINISHED so if the player stops working or any individual disc stops playing - I can reburn or play on a computer - need to learn how to project that to the gym TV. Planning ahead.

DH is heading out to the farm today - will be gone for the remainder of the holidays and beyond (2 weeks + maybe a couple of extra days), so be prepared for my particular kind of weirdness.

Tuesday's list (no particular order):
• vacuum downstairs
• put the washing away
• 4th step pushups (31 in a row)
• sort out how to stream .iso files from computer to gym TV via Chromecast
• bath Alice
Couch to 5k - Week 1, x2; 5.17km = 3.2mi; with Alice
• buddy jump = 39min, Cathe - Flex Train - Timesaver Mix 3 (no core, no slides, no firewalker)

the day's yoga (26min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 17 Learn)
the week's Cathe chrono (76min, Maximum Intensity Strength)
• the day's computer-spit rota
•• Cardio+Abs: 70min, Gay Cardio Step Express
•• Weights Total: 24min Xtend - Acacia
• under-barre pullups
• Stealth game (moving plank on upturned Bosu)
• an hour of weeding

DH left before bathing Alice

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-06-21, 04:16 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Ipods and such

Helen: I also have a little ipod (forget the name of it) but it's a square. Not the nano. Something else. I don't even know if that one boots up, then moved on to the Ipod touch (with a screen - can do video on it - like a phone but no phone). I know I was working at Walmart and got it on a Black Friday sale. How long have I been out of Walmart now? 4 years? Maybe 5? I'd have to go check that also. and it was years before then. I really did think about having the battery on it replaced. I do enjoy it though. I think (for now) the limited battery and using a portable battery solution will work just fine for me. (Since I only use it for indoor stuff.!!) I also have wireless earbuds that go with it, so I don't have to have it right on me. So it can be charging on the counter as I listen to music. It just makes me happy. Your talk of .iso files leaves me in the dust. We're here for your usual weirdness (when dh is away!) What's my excuse? Oh wait !!!! that's just me .

Random Side note:
we book 6 months in advance at work. So now we are booking into October. Seems so strange. The spring/summer hasn't even gotten here and we're booking for October. The other crazy thing is? it rolls around in record time. Very strange.

Need to post and get busy. Waves to all!
April is rolling along nicely. Let's hope it continues as smoothly.

4/5/2021: Cardio Coach Volume 1. (Like finding an old friend!) 45 mins. Power Zone Max with Matt (I was questioning my sanity at the first interval in zone 6! But then had a quick talk with myself that YES! I can do this. So I did. Worked on breathing and technique and finished it). Followed by a nice 10 min. Cool Down Ride with Ben, 5 mins. Core with Emma and 10 minutes chair yoga. PM: 20 mins. Sweat Row with Nick (Lake Winni Facts Row). Very nice!!!!

I think the hardest part of doing the mile a day is getting through any initial soreness and then just DOING IT. I'm 5/5 so far. And very proud of that. I CAN do this. And it will help me reach my April goals. I think I'll do a tour of the Cardio Coaches throughout the month. (I still think Volume 1 is one of my all time favorites).

I am so happy with our group that branched off from the Power Zone group.We have so much variety now in instructors and in rides. (not to mention YOGA?) LOL!!!! There's only 5 rides a week (4 mandatory, one extra credit) so it leaves plenty of time for other workouts. Just nice all around. Don't miss the 8 rides a week of all Matt & denis rides.

Ok, gotta go pack up lunch and get busy.
Make it a great day.
Ticking the days off my calendar. Soon to be at 1/4 of the way through April.

Cleda