Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-21, 05:26 AM  
Cher

Total Max Mixers - Week of March 14

Workout yesterday was JS L&S Upper Body. I did all of circuit 1 and one set of Circuit 2.

JBliff - That does sound a little sketchy to me too about the younger acquaintance and the vaccine event. Probably just didn’t want to say they knew someone or lied and was able to get the vaccine.

DH said he had a slight sore throat and was pretty tired. Those are both side effects of the vaccine but he also slept bad the night before and our weather here has been all over the place daily with cooler temps than warmer which sometimes causes our sinuses to act up so that could’ve also been the cause of the slight sore throat.

Waves to everyone!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 06:30 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. I've been up since 2 a.m. this morning. Ugh. No workout for me yesterday as my sister called from France just as I was about to work out and we talked for over an hour, by which time I needed to eat dinner. She just got her first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine. My nieces who live in Paris also got their first shot (one is a doctor and on the priority list. She was able to talk the hospital to giving her sister a dose too since they had extra). They have to wait 3 months for the second dose.

Cher - My DH has been having a lot of problems with his sinuses too. Our state vaccine coordinator is saying that all adults who want the vaccine should get it no later than late April.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 07:22 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. Thank you for starting us off Cher. Thank both you and Jbliff for always being so faithful and starting us off each week.

Speaking of sinuses, living in this part of Florida is horrible for some people’s sinuses. I don’t have allergies myself, but I have so many patients with allergies and sinus problems that I became proficient quickly.

Cher I am glad your DH did not have bad side effects. Hopefully it is true that just about every adult who wants a shot can get one in April to May.

I ran 8 miles this am and it was pretty warm. Also did some kettlebell swings and I have managed to do some squats and lunges this week. My marathon is in 3 weeks and I will start tapering mileage down soon to build back energy and strength for the actual event. All the hardest work is done.

Hi Vannie and Gibbee!
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 05:54 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was IDTV Gentle Hip Opening but I didn’t care for it. To much on your knees and my knees were not happy. I ended up quitting at about the 20 minute mark and doing a few more hip stretches on my own.

The state has now said as of April 5, anyone 16 & up can get their vaccine. I’m not eligible until March 22. It’s sort of annoying that they only give those of us between 50 - 60 two weeks before the mad rush of everyone trying to get it plus, we still have people over 65 who have not been able to get appointments! It’s very annoying.

JBliff - Glad your nieces were able to get their vaccine too.

Karen - My sinuses are very unpredictable when I go to Florida. Some years they get worse and other years they totally clear up.
Old 03-15-21, 08:46 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a 50-minute walk with DH + Xtrain Chest, Shoulders & Biceps.

Cher - That's great news about the vaccination in your state. Did you already pre-register? Hopefully the vaccination will be done by order of registration date.

Karjoy
- Are you doing an in-person marathon? Our town just canceled the Marine Corps half marathon scheduled for May and it is now a virtual race.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 03-15-21, 03:49 PM  
Vantreesta

Thu 3/11 152 minutes
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 10) WED
16 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 1) THU
10 minutes (from 10MS Pilates -Sculpting Pilates arms) WED
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) WED
0 minutes (from elliptical) WED
31 minutes (from 2.321 mi for 10k trainer wk5 day1/Ambient Through the Rainforest -Elephant Jungle Road/TWINS!!!) WED 1st time for Ambient
30 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 23, YT) TUE 1st time
45 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.98 mi)

Hey, guys! I haven't worked out since Thu. Fri I bailed so I could spend time with Cyric before we dropped him off at the kennel and went up north to see my father-in-law. Total bum all wknd as I usually am up there. I took my running stuff and thought I might run or at least walk but it was super sloppy so I just stayed in and finally finished crocheting the baby blanket for my cousin. Today I have just felt unenergetic. I overslept and haven't worked out. We got a lot of freezing rain early and it has been snowing ever since. Our morning walk was late and short. I have done a few chores and made some appts I've been putting off so at least that's smthg. I need to go walk Cyric again and then see what I can get shoveled. It's still coming down but they're saying 6-9" and I think I'd rather shovel a couple of times instead of all at once.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 01:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Cyric and I finally went snowshoeing! It didn't seem like 9" out at the park but I don't know if they didn't get as much or if it was just bc of the snowshoes. This was his first time and he did well. I think he enjoyed it but also think he got tired even though we only did about a mile and a half. Probably halfway through he kept coming back right next to me and looking at me, whether for attention or trying to tell me smthg I wasn't sure. I decided we would do the loop on the other side of the park but it went to the road when I didn't think it would so we just turned around and went back the way we came. Then he walked in the tracks I had made and stopped seeking my attention so I figured tired was the culprit! Most of the snow was untouched and we had the whole park to ourselves. As I was deciding whether to try for more or be done, a dog grooming van pulled in with at least two big dogs so that decided for me, given his dog reactivity. It probably was for the best anyway. Don't want to get him so tired he doesn't want to go again! I am glad we went even though had a few sad moments remembering how much D'Argo and Chianna loved going, but I'm so thankful I have those memories. I was planning to finish my current jump rope challenge when we got home but I was starving so I'm eating lunch. Not sure I have a 45 minute jump rope workout in me anyway!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-21, 08:49 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Went for a 6 mile run after work and did a few speed intervals. But it was about 80 degrees which is most uncomfortable. I am trying to gets bit heat acclimated.

Jbliff this is an in person marathon. It is very small so there will not be big crowds
herded together waiting to start and they are having “wave starts” where maybe 5 people start every 30 seconds or so, and you are spread out from the beginning. You have to wear a mask while waiting to start the race and put it on the minute you finish. You can just imagine that there is no way you can do this with a big marathon like Boston, it would take 2 days just to get everyone started! Then at the end there will be plenty of room for people to space out at the end while cooling off. Our local triathlon will be held too, because it starts with a swim and that starts in waves.

Vannie I’m glad and Cyric had a good time snowshoeing. It sounds like a good workout too!

Cher glad you are getting your vaccine soon. We are now vaccinating everyone 60 and older who wants one. Teachers of all ages are eligible. We also do 50 and over with comorbidities. Honestly it’s getting to be a Wild West rodeo remembering all this. Some counties have extra vaccine and it is going to just about anyone.

Waves to Gibbee and thinking of you.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-21, 05:28 AM  
Cher

Workout Monday was JS L&S Total Body Circuit. This one is 3 circuits with 2 rounds in each circuit. I did the first round of each circuit. Again, I found this one hard. Lots of grow room. Yesterday was Jenny Ford’s Zion National Park Step.

I finally got a vaccine appointment for March 30. YAY!!! It was not easy! I was constantly on their web page and refreshing the page constantly to get the appointment. Not sure which vaccine it is for but I don’t really care which one I get at this point. Despite the vaccine being open to everyone soon, they are just not making it very easy to get and availability is still scarce. You can only get it through the health department in county you live in because they are not distributing them to anyone else.....no hospitals, drug stores, pharmacies, doctors offices, etc.....just the health department. I’m afraid when they open it to everyone in 2 weeks, a lot of the over 50 crowd will still have not been able to get an appointment.

JBliff - I never quite understood how a virtual race works. That just doesn’t sound very fun if you have to do it alone???

Vannie - Sometimes it’s good to have a nice relaxing weekend. That’s a lot of snow but sounds like you and Cyric had a good time snowshoeing. I would love to try that someday.

Karen - It always seems so hard to imagine your 80 degree temps when we are only in the 30’s. But, at least we had some sunshine which always makes it better.
Old 03-17-21, 07:12 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Xtrain Biceps & Triceps + core + Total Body Stretching on the ball segment. Tuesday's workout was 42 minutes on the elliptical + Rodney Yee's PM release practice.

Cher - Congratulations on getting your vaccine appointment even though it was hard to get! In our health district, when your turn comes up for the vaccine, you get an email with a link to the appointment website just for you, and you pick the date/time you want. I agree about the virtual race. It wouldn't be as fun, but at least you get some swag out of it.

Karjoy - Your marathon organizers sound pretty responsible. Wow, I can't believe you already have 80-degree weather. It has cooled down a lot here the past couple of days. We are back to the low 50s.

Vannie - The snowshoeing sounds like fun.

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.