Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-21, 06:02 PM  
Leonana

I hit the jackpot at Goodwill today. I found The Firm Total Body Shaping Mix with Tracie Long on the cover. It's the 2003 release from Good Times. I previewed it, and there are other instructors in it too.

It was $2.29, but with my discount it was $1.72. The disc looks new, like it hasn't been played. I doubt I will do all 67 minutes, but the strength and floor work look good. Looking forward to trying it.
Old 04-14-21, 07:09 AM  
bethellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I hit the jackpot at Goodwill today. I found The Firm Total Body Shaping Mix with Tracie Long on the cover. It's the 2003 release from Good Times. I previewed it, and there are other instructors in it too.

It was $2.29, but with my discount it was $1.72. The disc looks new, like it hasn't been played. I doubt I will do all 67 minutes, but the strength and floor work look good. Looking forward to trying it.
Total Body Shaping Mix is one of my favorite Firms. Good find!
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 02:47 PM  
Leonana

Thanks!
Old 04-14-21, 03:45 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethellen View Post
Total Body Shaping Mix is one of my favorite Firms. Good find!
I agree - that is a good find. I love that workout although it is long.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 04:55 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
I agree - that is a good find. I love that workout although it is long.
Yes, I will be skipping some parts most likely!
Old 04-17-21, 03:43 PM  
Karla25

I found Yoga Zone’s Introduction to Yoga. I’ve always liked Alan Finger as an instructor, so am happy to have found it :-)
Old 04-17-21, 03:51 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I found Yoga Zone’s Introduction to Yoga. I’ve always liked Alan Finger as an instructor, so am happy to have found it :-)
That is a lovely practice!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 04:30 PM  
alisoncooks

I saw a Core Max at the thrift store today. I'd actually considered it a while back (on Amazon), but it was quite bigger in person than I expected. So I passed.

But it did get 2 pairs of shorts, a tshirt, and three flannel shirts (for my teens, who are reliving my 90s grunge glory days). So, still a good thrifting day!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 02:18 PM  
Vantreesta

Alison, what's the Core Max? When I skimmed before I assumed you meant a workout till i just read better and saw that it was large.

The broken Malibu Pilates chair is still at the thrift store along with the Nordic Track ski machines.

I bought 2 more Malibu Pilates DVDs (that's like 5 now, I better find a chair one of these days!), 2 more Fluidity and a BOSU workout. There were a lot of Firms and Jillian, some Biggest Loser, the same Power Half Hours, lots of prenatal yoga as always. I actually saw a Piyo set!

I also bought 2 sports bras still with tags, a light colored pair of runnings capris, 3 bright running tanks and a comfy looking pair of capris that I hope I will like for long morning walks.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 03:04 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I bought 2 more Malibu Pilates DVDs (that's like 5 now, I better find a chair one of these days!).
i have 4 or 5 DVDs that use the Pilates Pro Chair (same as Malibu) but use the taller handle extensions and feature Jennifer Galardi as the instructor. Two craigslist sellers are selling their chair at good prices, and I would love to bite, but we absolutely have no room in our house or patio. i have been on a declutter purge since January, having barely scratched the surface of getting things out of the house.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heidi sormaz, thrift store finds