Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-17, 12:53 PM  
CarlaVeg

OT: Has anyone made bread using breadmachine?

Hi ladies. I am excited because I am about to make a french bread in a breadman machine. Anyone used it before? It even bakes the bread! How long does the whole process take?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 01:00 PM  
firmaniac

Bread machines are so fun and useful - we've been using various brands for about 25 years. Experimenting and tweaking recipes is very fulfilling, yummy and makes your home smell delicious! To get a great crust on french bread a little steam/water usually helps so DH has to open the lid and spray a squirt bottle on the top. Unfortunately this doesn't affect the side & bottom crust area due to the cannister. Hope you have a blast!

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 01:25 PM  
violingal3

Have fun! Growing up my mom used to make bread all the time with her bread machine. I cannot have one...bread is my huge downfall!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 03:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

yes i have a breadman.

i use it to bake bread every so often. i've used it to make cinnamon rolls too (like cinnabuns).

i've used it to knead and rise pizza dough too with great success.

there's several threads about bread machines in the Recipe Box forum.

tag search:

bread machine

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 03:51 PM  
muggle

I use my bread machine now and again. I've had it for years and pull it out when I want a feel good meal with bread. Love it.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 04:13 AM  
bearcatfan

I don't use it to actually bake the bread, but mine has a dough function that is great.

I use that to mix and rise the dough for various things - a lot less messy than doing it by hand. Some things still need a second rising on a warm stove, but for me the dough function alone is definitely worth having the machine.
Old 03-12-17, 12:36 PM  
mrsscififanec

Hello ,
I go through spurts of baking bread and love my bread machine .When I first started out using it for some reason it would be hit or miss rising so if this happens to you what i have found that corrected this was to ignore the instructions that said to just layer in dry ingredients and wet ingredients .Instead i soften and activate the yeast in a small bowl with the liquid that is called for in the recipe first and then add to the bread machine . I haven't had any issues since.
Good luck and Happy Baking !
mrsscififanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 04:02 PM  
CarlaVeg

So the french bread I made yesterday was amazing!!!! Everyone loved it! I am hooked. I am making basic sandwich bread now for the kids.... going to make it right now. I am soooo happy LOL

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-17, 07:48 PM  
Izzy

I make home made pizza and use the bread machine to make the pizza dough. I have had my machine for 22 years and it still works good.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-17, 10:32 PM  
bfit

We had a bread machine that we received for a wedding present and didn't keep it. The bread always turned out damp and gummy and doughy without any real crust. Also, buying the boxes of mix was very expensive - just as expensive as buying good bread!
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bread machine