Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-12, 09:59 PM  
met fan

Beach Body coaches part 2

My friend at work has been promoting beachbody and shakeology. She brought me a sample and it was good. I just have not been able to justify the cost. Now she is promoting a challange. She is trying to get at least 5 of us to join this "challange". Bassically, you buy a product. There are three levels of products for example pack one gets you either slim in 6, brazil butt lift, turbo jam or hip hop abs. You also get a month of shakeology, club membership, free shipping, and a coach (my friend) to check on me and motivate me. This pack is $160. They go up from there. It depends on what program you pick. Has anyone done this? I am tempted because I need motivation right now. I am just seeking input. I know I could do it on my own but my coworker lives close to me and will be encouraging. Maybe it is what I need? I don't know. I really trust this coworker. She is a sweetheart. Thanks.
met fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 10:18 PM  
muddjeansgal

The price sounds the same as if you just ordered through the website or Mary. Doesn't really sound like a bargain. Is she a fitness trainer of some sort? What does she mean by coaching you?
I know you think she is sweet, but this is a business for her, not just being nice.
I hate to sound so negative!! But, if you think this is what will motivate you, that's all good too.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 10:26 PM  
andtckrtoo

I know you trust her a lot, but that sounds like she's asking you to be a coach. That's identical to the coaching package. You may want to be sure of what's she's asking.
Old 03-15-12, 10:32 PM  
met fan

Interesting. I don't think I am willing to take a chance on it. I like the idea of a challange with my coworkers though. Maybe I will try to get a Biggest Loser challange started at work. That might be fun.
Old 03-15-12, 10:35 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I saw this offered by another coach that I follow on FB. When I clicked her link, it took me to the team beachbody site. It seems legit. I was tempted because you definitely get a lot for the cost but, I already owned (or didn't want) the programs offered......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-12, 01:14 AM  
met fan

I may be missing something (which is possible because it is late and I am tired) but it seems you do save money. For example: the p90x kit costs $205 with free shipping and 30 days of shakeology. Separately p90x is $120 and shakeology is $120ish plus shipping.
Old 03-16-12, 01:37 AM  
icebergslim

This sounds like a pyramid to me. Yes, get you to pick whatever level, then the next push is pushing you to bring ppl in to do what you just did. It is beachbody and they push all the extra stuff outside of dvds and they have solid products, but there is a reason that there are coaches out there. They are there to sell product. Just my take.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-12, 05:47 AM  
kat_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I know you trust her a lot, but that sounds like she's asking you to be a coach. That's identical to the coaching package. You may want to be sure of what's she's asking.
This is what I'm thinking, too. But if you really want to use the shakeology and buy other BB videos, you may as well officially become a coach: then you get 25% off on all the programs, too.

PS: Once you're a coach, if you don't want to go any further, you don't have to. Several here have become one just for the discount.
kat_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-12, 08:30 AM  
pattyd0319

But isn't there an annual club membership fee as well? I am pretty sure that if you sign up for that, you will get billed $59 a year. I've ordered so many things from them in the past so I'm not sure, just that I recall seeing that fee show up on my credit card statement
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-12, 08:40 AM  
Cammie-Cam

Personally I wouldn't sign up for anything related to Beachbody or Beachbody coaches. If I want workouts I'll get them from Mary. Everything else I look at with a side eye. At the end of the day BB is a business and uses "coaches" to make money for the business since in addition to the workouts, they are also a multi-level marketing company. I'm sure your friend gets a percentage of every new person she brings in to this whatever it is she's trying to sell you. It all just seems so... not worth it.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody coaches, protein powder