Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-11, 03:33 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

I really shouldn't come to VF. My DD has to go to college in two years.

I love Michael. I have all his DVDs except Aero Jump. My birthday is coming up and I was thinking about Michelle's system. I may reconsider and go for this one.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 03:40 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
I know right??? I want this SO bad!
Like your new avatar, Rozy!

As much as I love boxing and Michael O, I won't be ordering. I saw the ad with the Workout Calendar, Success Tracker, and Nutritional Plan and felt quite depressed. How many workout calendars, success trackers, and nutritional plans do people need? And can't anyone sell a workout system without all those things?
Old 06-24-11, 04:52 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I know what you mean. I think instructors gets approached by these 'systems' companies who already have all the paraphernalia junk in place (including the so-called 'motivational' tape measures and woefully inferior customer service departments).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 05:38 PM  
kali1

I think it's the BeachBody syndrome. Since BB includes this stuff in each system, I think other instructors feel the need to do the same.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 05:39 PM  
dela

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
Should we take bets on how long it will take till we order?
Whatever it is, I'll take the under
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 05:42 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
I saw the ad with the Workout Calendar, Success Tracker, and Nutritional Plan and felt quite depressed. How many workout calendars, success trackers, and nutritional plans do people need? And can't anyone sell a workout system without all those things?
But then it wouldn't be a $300 value, and you wouldn't be saving over $200!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 09:54 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Well I find the whole 'system' packaging annoying and, again, I don't think it's necessarily the instructor (be it Michael Olajide, Michelle Dozois or whomever) but the greedy promotional company backing the project.

And I'm aware that as long as the crew, studio, etc are hired it makes more financial sense to shoot & market a bunch of videos rather than just one or two. (Especially when they get to charge so much more for the finished 'series'.) But as a consumer I'm pretty annoyed at having to purchase so many videos when no doubt a couple would suffice. I simply do not *need* 6 Aerobox workouts, 10 Peak Fits, 10 Turbo Fires, etc. Just allow me to buy the 1 or 2 videos that will allow me to mix interesting and healthy variety into my workout schedule. But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 10:11 PM  
suegy3

This system seems like a really nice compliment to kettlebells!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 10:20 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
This system seems like a really nice compliment to kettlebells!
We have the same brain waves, I was JUST THINKING THE SAME THING!!
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 11:08 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Michael Olajide is a super-star and one of the most amazing athletes I have ever seen in person. I took a class with him several years back at a fitness convention, and all of the participants were fitness instructors. It took a matter of minutes before participants were dropping like flies. He kept going and going, like a machine.

I used to love his workout with Kathy Smith. I am interested in these new DVDs, but I won't buy any more systems when they are first released. I will wait for reviews and until the price drops (which it always does eventually). In the meanwhile, I bought one of his older DVDs at totalfitnessdvds.com.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aerobox, boxing, michael olajide, michael olajide jr