Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-17-21, 11:41 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sherry,

My major in college (University of Arizona) was Anthropology.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 03:31 PM  
Leonana

Today was an Ask Doctor Jo video, 10 Best Lower Back Exercises to Relieve Low Back Pain. It was seven minutes long, but she recommends 10 reps, but does only 3 in the video. I had to pause a bit to do 10, so it was around 25 minutes. I also cleaned house, which is a workout itself. Since most of our house is ceramic tile, I have to do a lot of mopping.

Today is an appreciation dinner for the hospice volunteers from 2-4. I'm getting ready to leave soon. Unfortunately, dh is working and can't go with me. Since it’s held it on an outdoor patio, we weren’t required to wear masks. But I think they are all vaccinated, since they visit hospice patients.

Donna, next week for me starts with Upper Body in WS 1. I'm not sure if I'll start on Sunday, or wait until Monday.

Pam, I guess the lectures are right up your alley! I suppose vintage you tube channels sort of fit too in a way, it kind of reflects how people lived in the past.
Old 04-17-21, 06:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

So far I've only done Lee's 30 Day Challenge (21 & 22) but hope to get a bit more in later.

We did too much sitting today, with more zoom events in honor of Patriots Day! Massachusetts and Rhode Island both celebrate this technically on Monday, April 19th though it's not an official government (day of of work) holiday, I don't think. It's the anniversary of the battle at Lexington and Concord.

Yesterday, April 16th, was also the Anniversary of the Battle of Culloden and life changed dramatically for Scotland afterwards, never mind the tragic loss of life for the Highlanders, etc.

Did everyone see the funeral for HRH Prince Phillip today? That was very moving and an honorable tribute to him and the Royal family.

Off to watch more TV.....

April Focus:
Old 04-17-21, 09:50 PM  
Leonana

Well, I think I was wrong about the leg lifts causing my sore lower back. Which is a relief because I like doing them. But on the down side, it’s our new patio furniture. I like sitting in the backyard in the morning and evenings, while the weather is still nice. And the chair and ottoman feel comfortable. However, after awhile my back starts getting sore. I wasn’t sure if it was the chair or the workouts. My lower back felt good after Dr. Jo’s video, but started feeling sore as soon as I sat on the patio. Mystery solved. But I think I found a pillow that helps support my lower back. Otherwise, I’ll have to drag a dining room chair outside!
Old 04-18-21, 03:25 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Last night before bed I did Lee's Better Breathing Qi Gong routine. It was very good! Today I just did Lee's Deeper Flow workout, which was more advanced than most I've done by him with lots of deeper lunging, squatting and faster flowing routines. It was great! One of the best parts of this DVD is the behind the scenes Bonus footage of Lee's shoots in Nevada, near Lake Tahoe. It was nice to see Lee with his wife, mom, and film crew!

Sherry, sorry to hear your back has been an issue for you. I use a pillow to sit on when we are seated for any length of time (playing board games) on our dining room chairs. Glad you figured out what works. I've also got lots of upkeep and cleaning with all of my (mostly hardwood) floors. The kitchen floors always need constant cleaning. Fun, fun!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

April Focus:
Old 04-18-21, 06:38 PM  
Leonana

Nothing today, I have been lazy! But I will do some stretching this evening, although probably only 15 minutes.

Cloudy and windy right now, high of only 82 today. It looks like rain, but it's not in the forecast.

Thanks, Pam. I think I will have to take one of the dining room chairs outside, but at least I can put my feet on the ottoman. That's nice that Lee put behind the scenes footage on the dvd. It always is a treat to see the personal side of the instructor and what goes into filming.
Old 04-19-21, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I missed posting yesterday, but I did:

Ellen - Core Yoga - this is from her 7 Day DVD - it was pretty good, the 7 Day workouts have grown on me quite a bit.

Long outdoor walk

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1129 - this was a standing and floor routine

I have officially completed Season 11 - I am not sure how long it took me - but I have pulled out Season 12 and will work my way through that season next.

Sherry - chairs are my downfall as well. It is always amazing how great I feel after a weekend of walking vs. a week of sitting in front of the computer. I keep trying to find new ways to get comfortable..but I think the answer may be to sit less. Maybe I should try one of those standing desks.

Pam - Anthropology sounds like a very cool major!!

I'm tired today and not ready for Monday at all.

I may get something else in if I feel up for it. The WS 1.0 Phase II rotation calls from Interval Mix (no way!) or 2 miles from the 6 mile DVD - that may be possible, LOL!

I hope everyone has a good day,

Waves, Liz and wishiwasinhawaii

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 02:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I'm sleepy today, also.

So, I only managed Days 23 & 24 of Lee's 30 Day Challenge Qi Gong routines. Added to this Marisa Cranfill's Six Healing Sounds. This is more woo and is all done seated. She starts with an introduction to all the six sounds and what they represent (colors, mood, etc.) I got to the end of the first sound (benefits Lungs) and was interrupted with a telephone call from mom. After that I was done for the day.

Donna, congrats on finishing up CS Season 11. I think that one is much better than Season 12. But, I tend to like the earlier episodes, too!

Enjoy your day and start to your week everyone!

April Focus:
Old 04-19-21, 04:48 PM  
Leonana

Well, I never did stretching last night. I guess I needed a complete rest day. Today was WS1 Upper Body. I enjoyed it, as I do all the WS workouts. Although, it had too much floor ab work for me, and not enough floor chest work. But I did the planks, subbed in the hollow hold for one of the ab moves, then added in some more floor chest work to sub for the other ab moves. My right arm has more definition than my left, so I focused on my left arm.

I was listening to a podcast about the Covid vaccines on "Oh No, Ross and Carrie." They were interviewing Dr. Paul Offit, who is a co-creator of one of the vaccines, and an expert. He said the virus isn't going anywhere, and will be around for years. Either you get vaccinated, or you will get it. Woah! Interestingly, he also said they think the immunity from getting Covid probably lasts for years. But they are still requiring vaccinations for everyone, because it's too hard to give out antibody tests before vaccinations. Surprisingly, he also said that three studies have shown that one shot of Moderna or Pfizer is enough for those who have already had Covid, they will have enough immunity and don't need the second shot. Interesting podcast.

Donna, lol on the no way for Interval Max. I remember liking it, but I like Jessica's LI HIIT's. Congrats on finishing Season 11 of CS. I found a small neck pillow from Goodwill that works well for the small of my back in our office chair, it's nice and firm. I guess it keeps me from rounding my lower back. I'm going to try it outside. The woman I file for at the hospice office sits on a large stability ball.

Pam, I can only imagine my dh's response if I did that Marisa Healing Sounds video. I can just hear it now, lol. But seated sure sounds nice, especially when you are tired.
Old 04-20-21, 07:57 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday ended up being quite a good day exercise-wise in spite of a rough start, I finished up the day with:

Ellen - Lifted & Lean
Outdoor walk

Today, so far, I did:

Ellen - Power Fusion

the weather is supposed to be good before it rains tomorrow, so I am planning another outdoor walk

Sherry - I liked the Upper Body workout from WS 1.0 but I didn't like the Ab work either...I prefer to do standing abs or Pilates abs.

That is interesting info on COVID/vaccines.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy