Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-21, 06:43 PM  
rhbrand

A Classical Stretch I had recorded on my dvr.

I really wanted to enjoy it, but this one had crap for cueing and I had no idea what she was doing. Esp when bend over not looking at the tv.

Stopped it after about 5 min of being lost.
Old 04-17-21, 07:17 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I moved on to Step around the world with Marci that Paula N recommended in the YT thread and it was awesome! Thanks Paula!
You're welcome! I see she just added a new workout earlier this evening (country music apparently, but I will give it a try anyways!)

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 08:22 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Chalean Xtreme - The whole set, actually, but recently the Burn Circuit 1 workout.

I have tried to start this one several times over the years. In theory, I know it would probably give me good results. But each time, I do the first workout (Burn Circuit 1), then I Joni O the set. I've even sold the DVD set, likely more than once

This time I did the workout on BBOD. I actually tried to Joni-O at the 17 minute mark. I turned it off and left the room. Then I went back and finished it since I was already halfway through it. But I will not do anymore of the workouts. I felt it quite a bit the next day or two, and I know it's effective, but I just really DO NOT LIKE working upper and lower body at the same time and doing combination exercises. I don't know why I keep thinking someday my mind will change.
Old 04-17-21, 08:36 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah O. View Post
When you Joni O a workout, do you ever go back some time later and try again or is it one and done?
Usually one and done.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 09:30 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Chalean Xtreme - The whole set, actually, but recently the Burn Circuit 1 workout.

I have tried to start this one several times over the years. In theory, I know it would probably give me good results. But each time, I do the first workout (Burn Circuit 1), then I Joni O the set. I've even sold the DVD set, likely more than once

This time I did the workout on BBOD. I actually tried to Joni-O at the 17 minute mark. I turned it off and left the room. Then I went back and finished it since I was already halfway through it. But I will not do anymore of the workouts. I felt it quite a bit the next day or two, and I know it's effective, but I just really DO NOT LIKE working upper and lower body at the same time and doing combination exercises. I don't know why I keep thinking someday my mind will change.
Try one of the PUSH workouts from CLX; one body part is worked at the heaviest you can go. No combo exercises, but upper & lower are worked in the same workout.
Old 04-18-21, 05:27 AM  
Helen

Not sure whether I'm very tolerant, compliant, weak, patient, or what; but I've NEVER Joni-O'd a workout, and I have some that are pretty bad - in quality of video and/or quality of workout.

The most I do is tag them with 'ignore' in my database so they don't get chosen to fill a slot in a rotation template.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 09:45 AM  
jusca

walking for weight loss with debbie rocker. it was hard getting to 15 mins. it's in my gotta go pile now.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 10:49 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah O. View Post
When you Joni O a workout, do you ever go back some time later and try again or is it one and done?
I've been known to give a workout a few chances. Most times, it's one and done.

I usually download YouTube workouts and put them on my iPad. There is a distinct satisfaction to hitting the "Delete" button when a workout is a stinker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
walking for weight loss with debbie rocker. it was hard getting to 15 mins. it's in my gotta go pile now.
I had several of Debbie's workouts and couldn't click with her at all.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 10:54 AM  
sherry7899

I loved the scenery in Debbie Rocker's workouts, but I found the workouts really boring.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 03:43 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I bought this way-back-when from Mary’s site and sent it back for a refund. As I recall, I did not finish it before deciding to return. Not a good one for me - too repetitive and boring.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
joni o, joni-o, joni-o a video, jonio a workout