Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-21, 07:44 PM  
Helen

LILI
Sorry the tech STILL isn't going smoothly for you.
Leslie's positive talk should have helped your mood though - good choice.

Onto The List!
Sunday, the 18th of April
70min, walk Alice/daily mile It's the BEST day out!!! Hoards of people in the parks, and Alice greeted every one of them!
15min, Boho Beautiful - Morning Meditation
feel asleep during the above, YouTube automatically moved onto the next thing which was hours of meditation music - had a bad dream about not being able to turn the music off - not the whole idea of meditation, ya think? Two HOURS later... In future, I'll do it sitting up. DH calls me a 'tilt doll' for a reason.
31min, Cathe - Perfect 30 - HIIT - Low Impact HIIT, with buddy

and off I go into the LAST day of my holidays!
Happy Sunday everyone.

I set up a zoom, put the details here and left it open for a long time, but it must have timed out. After jumping with buddy, noticed it had closed.

Removed list - 8:30pm, had a putzing kind of day, don't know where it went really - sucking up the last day of holidays totally relaxing. Not schlumpy - just in cruise mode. Not a bad thing.

Need to have a long shower - do ALL the things - make a decent dinner & find a movie, I think!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-21, 07:58 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - If I'm reading this correctly, you did the meditation and then slept for 2 hours of meditation music? I like that you dreamed you couldn't turn the music off!

4/17 - dog walk (we are continuing with extending the dog walks by small margins, which makes the dogs very happy)
Cathe's Stacked Sets: Lower
Gina B's 50's Walk

I putzed around with the basement TV, Chromecast, iPad issue to no avail.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 01:06 AM  
Helen

LILI
Yes, you read it correctly. Laid down for the 15min meditation but fell asleep, YouTube moved onto the next vid which was just music for meditation, for hours. Woke up and my timer logged 2:16 under "meditation", so 2 hours asleep! The bad dream (frustrating) negated the benefit of the meditation I'm sure!

First day back at work is DONE. Pupil-free with a guest speaker who I did my research on by watching videos on his website - should stop doing that as they always have the same content, which then makes the day draaaaaggggg on, as I've seen it ALL before.

So, back to a list for the evening (should have made it last night).

Monday, the 19th of April
10min, Morning Meditation, YouTube - can't find which one now, before going to work, outside in the back yard, SITTING UP.
60min, Alice/mile
49min, Shaun Thompson - CIZE - You Got This (wo2), with buddy
WORK prep for Tuesday - finished the night

Did anyone see the chat about a new Cathe set using fabric booty bands and long loops? I wouldn't replace the bands I have, but I DO have long loops (Aldi special) in 3 grades & 3 strengths of booty loops as well. Looks like it's already filmed (!) good timing to justify for my birthday next month. Intermediate level is likely too.

Anyway - must dash, Alice NEEDS me. Poooor puppy.
Need to focus on NOT dropping off now that work is back. You all know that's typical. APRIL = NO EXCUSES!!!

I'm kind of on a mission to complete the Cathe Chrono before I'm 60 (means 1 every 3-4 days), and also to reach goal weight by then too - the ULTIMATE goal weight (that I have been twice before), that is - not some intermediate something on the way. It's a 2 year plan, as I'm 58 come Mother's Day.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-19-21, 04:25 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: I'll have to go back and read the Cathe thread. I tend to just skip over them now as I've stopped buying videos. I do have cloth bands and I like them. Intermediate? Could work. Should go look. (or not?) I do know I can't beat her presale prices and maybe, just maybe I'll jump at this one. List method sure does work for you!

Lili: Ohhh how I hate when tech doesn't work properly. So very frustrating.

Waves to all. Going to check in and get to my morning before it gets away from me.

4/15/2021: 10 mins. Matty Warm up Run
(for my mile), PM: MAC row 30 minutes + 5 mins. cool down row with Dani

4/16/2021: 30 mins Women History Month Country Run
with Selena

4/17/2021: 45 mins. climb ride ** w/Kendall Tool, 20 minutes recovery ride w/Denis, 5 mins. Kendall Post Ride Stretch, 20 mins. Hike w/Adrian (for my mile)

4/18/2021: 15 mins. Recovery Run Becs Gentry (for my mile) 75 minute power zone ride w/Matt (for the challenge), 10 mins Ben Cool down Ride, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch w/Matt, 10 mins. Yoga flow Hips (Yep - for the challenge.)

** I put this off from Thursday until Sat. I don't know why. I shouldn't be afraid of climb rides. They aren't bad. It's only their graphs that look scary. I didn't like this ride. Only because the music was NOT MY STYLE and aside from that (cuz I put up with "not my style" "bad-to-me" music all the time form Matt) But this had wayyyy too much explicit language in it. This made me feel about 105 years old because I let it get to me so much, but it did cause me to dislike the ride. Oh well. It was for the challenge and we know I won't be choosing a ride like that of my own accord!

The country run was good. She didn't push me more than I needed. And it was nice. I did laugh at Becs "recovery run" as she said, "Do a recovery run pace ... 7 mph" Huh??? Needless to say, I did NOT do a recovery run pace of 7 mph. I went at my own speed.

I'm more than halfway through the month with a run every day and I'm pleased with that. I only did one hike so far (incline highest point was 9) and I did count as my mile. Other than that? Every day has been a run. YAY ME. I will make it to the end of the month. And possibly do it again for May. I haven't decided for sure.

I only rowed twice last week. Not sure why. It was a low energy week, poor diet week and just all around blah week. This week will be better.

Waves to all.
Onward we march.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-21, 12:28 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Here's to a better week all around! I've been in the dumps lately, too. Covid weariness, racial tensions in this country, a few bad nights of sleep, all adds up to low energy, low enthusiasm, etc. This will pass, it always does. On the positive side, we had my MIL over for dinner last night for the first time in well over a year. It felt good, like life is almost normal again. All of my kids have had their first vaccine, so we will be having more family gatherings soon.

4/18 - dog walk
Peloton's Bounce & Jog with Jeremy
CS S4:E13

Old 04-20-21, 05:13 AM  
Helen

CLEDA
Cathe tries to bring a new series out each year, and I would expect that she endeavours not only to keep the regulars staying, but also to entice those who have dropped off back, AND attract new people. Using only bands may attract people who can't afford weights (bands are MUCH cheaper) and those who aren't interested in advanced level content - and SHE is aging too!!

I'm a solid Cathe fan, but without over-the-top adulation about it (I hope) and having a 3-set of the long loops already (an Aldi bargain) and also a 4-set of the smaller booty loops (but gave the lighter 2 to buddy) this new set will be good, but I'd probably get anything new she put out anyway. Apart from quality workouts in themselves, I prefer her style of personal presentation - not too much talk, no excessive positivity, and I CAN do all the moves.

LILI
Sorry you've been down as well - my twitter feed keeps me informed of several issues going on in your country. (just deleted a list) My brow furrows with concern every day, even from here where I'm personally unaffected. There is empathy around the world for so much of it - know that. ((hugs))

Lovely for you, though, that with vaccinations, you are now able to have family together. Must be a huge relief for you all.

Tuesday, the 20th of April
60min walk with Alice = over a mile as soon as I came home
buddy dipped out tonight - allowed me to do a longer/harder one instead
Cathe Chrono - 60min, Step Works, 6" - with ALL the air - felt quite proud of myself. (Next up on the Chrono project is Imax 1)
20min, Adriene - Dedicate - Day 21 Light

APRIL = NO EXCUSES!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-20-21, 11:27 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - thank you for your words of comfort. It really does help. I agree with most of your thoughts on Cathe and her workouts. I never understood the hero worship that she receives, even people wanting to wear the same outfits that she wears in her workouts! But she offers good solid workouts and her presale prices are always good.

4/19 - dog walk
30 Min. 90's Dance Music Run w/ Rebecca Kennedy
10 Min. Post Run Stretch w/ Jess Sims (really liked this one)

Old 04-21-21, 06:08 AM  
Helen

no time - going to be a big work-night, but did NOT put off buddy - made the workout a priority!

Wednesday, the 21st of April
60min, walk, with school - Yes! I'm BACK on walking! was only taken off at my suggestion due to potential knee surgery. So much for that.
36min, Cathe - Intensity - Mix 9 Timesaver (Low Impact HIIT + Bootcamp), with buddy

must dash, sorry.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 04-21-21, 02:54 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

4/20 - dog walk
Tom Holland's Total Body Workout, increased the weights a little this time.
2 miles with Leslie

Old 04-22-21, 04:35 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

How does time get away from me?

I thought I checked in. Obviously not!

I am a little interested in Cathe's series. I'll have to see.
Waves to all! No time for comments. Gotta post and run.

4/19/2021: 20 mins. 80s run Rebecca Kennedy - it was a cute fun run, 45 mins. Tabata w/Robin Not so fun., 5 mins. Cool down ride with Denis, 10 mins Yoga Focus Flow for the Quads w/Denis (yep! For the challenge.)

4/20/2021: 10 mins. Aquil Row, 30 mins. Reocvery Run with Becs Gentry, 20 mins. Recovery Ride with CDE (nice easy-ish day)

4/21/2021: 45 mins. power zone ride with Matt + 5 mins. post ride stretch (for the challenge. After work: 20 mins. Wicked Run, 30 mins. IFit Row, 10 mins. Aquil "Rage Row".

I am not going to be renewing Ifit. I don't think. I'll keep trying the workouts but they aren't really for me. The scenery on the row was gorgeous (Montana) but it just didn't do it for me. I'm so spoiled with production quality and athletes of Peloton & Hydrow. Honestly? That's all I really need in my streaming services. But like Helen mentioned - that's why they have trials! And I'll keep trying! till my 30 days are up.

Gotta run. Only 9 more days of a mile a day. YAY ME.

Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote