Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-14-21, 02:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Speaking of Marisa.....

I just did one of her Qi Gong practices (Purge and Tonify) on YouTube and it was wonderful. It is a twenty minute workout and it was very nice. The setting is lovely, as is Marisa. If any of you are familiar with Qigong you will recognize many of the movements. One thing she does that I haven't seen done (at least with Lee Holden's videos) is using breath on the exhale while making various sounds. I think this is explored more in her DVD "Six Healing Sounds."

She's got a number of videos on YouTube Qigong and Yoga, but I didn't see the ones that are offered on the YMAA site.

She's beautiful to watch and she explains more about what she's doing and why, giving more detail about Qigong benefits than I've heard from Lee. Lee has always been my go to guy for Qigong, so I'm very impressed with Marisa.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 04:43 PM  
Pam

Thanks Pam61 for your comments regarding Marisa. I am now really looking forward to receiving her DVDs from YMAA-they were sent out today. I did one her’s on YouTube ages ago, so I didn’t remember details. Hopefully her Immunity DVDs will be on sale soon.
Old 04-14-21, 04:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Thanks Pam61 for your comments regarding Marisa. I am now really looking forward to receiving her DVDs from YMAA-they were sent out today. I did one her’s on YouTube ages ago, so I didn’t remember details. Hopefully her Immunity DVDs will be on sale soon.
You're very welcome, Pam!

I really enjoyed Marisa's workout and she is so graceful. It looks like her DVDs are very well done, and all set in beautiful locations. I did order a few of her workouts, too so we'll have to compare notes!

Current Rotation:
Old 04-14-21, 05:44 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sounds very nice, thanks Pam!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 06:52 PM  
sherry7899

I put a few of her dvds on my.Amazon wishlist. Thank you for posting about them.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 06:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

You're welcome, everyone!

I have been getting into more of my Qi Gong and Tai Chi workouts lately and really find they do this body good!

I hope those that bought something from YMAA or Amazon will post about their new workouts, when you get a chance to try them out! Or, if you've had something on your shelf for a while (and are just now getting it out of the shrink) it might help others decide if an instructor or workout is right for someone else.

Current Rotation:
Old 04-17-21, 11:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I got my shipment of DVDs today and everything was so well packaged and protected! The customer service at YMAA is top notch!

I tried Lee Holden's Better Breathing tonight before bed and it was excellent, as are all of Lee's workouts! He said in the video that this practice helps support the immune system and lungs, so just what I need and wanted!

I find all of Lee's workouts very soothing to mind and body!

Current Rotation:
Old 04-18-21, 11:49 AM  
anetta

Marissa’s you tube workouts are great if you want to try before buying.

And David Dorian Ross’s Tuesday morning flow workouts are good. I love his personality

Lee Holden has some great ones.

I do one from each in the morning and evening with my Classical Stretch.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-21, 04:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I tried out one of Marisa's DVDs yesterday "Six Healing Sounds." It's a seated meditation with a whole heck of a lot of woo-factor! I haven't gotten to all six sounds....only the first two, so far (lungs and kidneys.) Honestly, this one is not my cup of tea. If you are a fan of kundalini yoga because of the spiritual elements, you might also like this.

Marisa does the six sounds in the Purge and Tonify workout on YouTube, but there is more Qi Gong and flowing movements throughout that workout.

I have a few more of Marisa's workouts to try but sadly know Six Healing Sounds is not for me.

Anita, I really enjoy David-Dorian and have done a few of his Tuesday Morning Flow workouts, as well. It's nice that he's been taping the TMF workouts so I don't have to get up so early to catch them "live." He really is great! I'm also a big fan of Lee Holden and Scott Cole, too!

Current Rotation:
Old 04-21-21, 02:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

YMAA is currently doing a 40 percent off sale, when you purchase two or more items. Only goes through April 22nd, though.

Current Rotation:

Tags
marisa cranfill, ymaa, ymaa sale