Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-21, 06:51 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I haven’t done a squat or lunge in years! I do some old school exercises in bed every night - actually prescribed by a physical therapist a few years ago for knee pain resulting from out-of-alignment hips due to a fall years ago. Leg lifts for inner and outer thighs, clams, gluten lifts, and several stretches. I also walk 3 miles a day. My lower body is fine.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 10:29 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I haven’t done a squat or lunge in years! I do some old school exercises in bed every night - actually prescribed by a physical therapist a few years ago for knee pain resulting from out-of-alignment hips due to a fall years ago. Leg lifts for inner and outer thighs, clams, gluten lifts, and several stretches. I also walk 3 miles a day. My lower body is fine.
Joni, if it isn't too personal a question - how is your bone density? Have you ever had a DEXA scan?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 11:42 AM  
red1013

I've pretty much stopped doing lunges because I hate them. Squats and deadlifts are pretty much the extent of my standing leg work, with some leg presses (8"-12", no higher) when I'm doing the Firm workouts.

I like doing floor work, I'm just not too consistent with it.
Old 04-17-21, 03:34 PM  
wendug

I think I may be an outlier here, but I love squats and lunges and have a hard time talking myself into lying lower body work. The burn kicks in fast with lying lower body work and I can't do it that long. But, I'm trying to incorporate more into my workouts!
Old 04-17-21, 03:50 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Joni, if it isn't too personal a question - how is your bone density? Have you ever had a DEXA scan?
Yes. I have them every however many years you're supposed to have them. I have a bit of osteopenia here and there, but otherwise I'm good.

My fall was slipping at the top of my stairs, bouncing down them and ending up with a bruised tailbone 35 years ago. She thinks it also bumped my ilia out of alignment. Hmmm. So if all the exercises she gave me got me straightened out, maybe I can do tall box work again. I should try it.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor work, lower body, lower body results, lower body workouts, squats