Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-21, 09:05 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Donna, Mary already has them on her site. The set is DVDs only and NO map is included. I don't need a map anyway. Mary's price is 64.95 and looks like you still can use the code. I might bite.
Old 04-14-21, 09:59 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today was Element weight loss pilates for beginners cardio; mobility, lower body Kettlebell and day two of push pull swing challenge plus CS #630 Posture. This was the last episode and I have really enjoyed CS season 6.

Week is half over ...waves to all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 05:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was

Jenny Ford - Walk Across America - New Hampshire - 30 minutes;
Fittbe Pilates - Electrifying Arms & Core - 15 minutes

Jenny's walk was in New Hampshire with Mount Washington in the background, along with a stream/river. Everything was very green and there were tons of bugs flying around. I almost felt the need to swat a few flies/bug along with Jenny.

Fittbe Pilates is an app - one of the older pilates apps around - I did her stuff years ago when there wasn't much pilates available and I hadn't really discovered YouTube as much. Anything I thought I would try it out again - hoping that the workout I did is not representative of the remainder of her stuff these days - it was hurried and way too fast-paced. She had me flinging my arms around instead of moving with control.

Our local school district has made masks optional in the lower grades effective this coming Monday. I don't understand it - just wear the damn mask and you can stay in school and finish the year. The other local public school district that did this beginning in April had to send 1/2 of a 4th grade class home this week for quarantine because they had a positive case. And I walked in a bank branch yesterday and not a single person in there had a mask on - not the customers and none of the employees. My part of the world has decided the pandemic is over.

Donna and Dana - So glad that your vaccinations went well!

Linda - good workouts!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up!

So far no real ill effects from my first vaccine other than a sore arm - which was actually less sore than I usually get from the flu shot. It is a tad itchy now, but nothing bad. Yesterday afternoon I started to feel some fatigue but it is hard to know if that was from it being a rainy/dreary day....

Yesterday afternoon at lunch I did:

Pahla B - April Play List - Cardio Abs

And, after work I did:

Jessica Valent - Sciatica Practice and 1st half of the herniated disc practice - both of these are very good for me to do after a long day of sitting.

Today, so far, has been:

Jessica Valent - Barre Pilates Full Body Workout - this was the 40 min version of the practice she posted on You Tube while wearing the light green tights. It was not much different from what she usually does in barre workouts but it was still enjoyable. While she may not be the most exciting instructor around, I find that I always feel better after doing her workouts - sometimes with other instructors I end up tweaking something....but w/ Jessica it seems to work fine for me.

Jesscia Valent - 10 Min routine for back strength - this has similar exercises as in her other back care practices, but it at least provides a little bit of variety and change of outfit to look at, LOL!

It was Leg day on Jessica Smith's WS 1.0 Phase II rotation, but I think I have morped this into Phase III - as I'm following the template, but not necessarily the workout suggestions! LOL!

I hope to walk today...the weather looks better.

Dana - Thanks, I think that Jenny's set will make a nice Mother's Day gift for me! LOL! I"m ok w/ out having the map. It is cute, but not necessary.

Wow, Carol, I'm speechless. It is funny how different every place is - here we had a person come over to give us an estimate on some work we want to have done around the house and we all wore masks -

Linda - I know what you mean about Pilates!!! I find Classical Stretch to be similar.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 07:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna you're doing a great job with your rotation. You always motivate me to keep up with my pilates.

Dana if I hadn't just purchased my Cathe mat I would have purchased those Jenny workouts.

Carol how much is left in the school year?

I heard from Christine and she's doing ok. She will check in soon.

Today was Tracie Long Reboot#1; Day 3 of push/pull/swing challenge and most of Annette Fletcher Dynamic stretch segment. Tracie's was wonderful but this part of the Annette Fletcher was just ok.

FriYay is on the horizon!

Waves to Brenda and Cheri!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 06:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts were

Pahla B - March #1 - Walking with Weights - 25 minutes;
Trifecta Pilates - Small Ball Core Workout - 11 minutes & Lower Body Stretches - 15 minutes

I always find Pahla's walking with weights workouts to be among the hardest of the "moderate" workouts that she does, and this one was no exception. It's all the moves done with your arms over your head holding the weights that I find hardest. I made it easier by only using 1 lb weights. Pahla was Pahla. What more is there to say?

I was looking for non-frantic pilates workouts, after Wednesday's experience, and these two workouts from Trifecta Pilates fit that bill. Both were good. The lower body stretching one was pretty intense - I'm sore way up in the "thut" area - where my thighs meet my glute and those stretches have to be why.

To complicate our masking issues - besides the complication of living where wearing a mask is considered cowardly and even traitorous (showing that you support big government overreach) - we hear that OSHA is getting ready to issue workplace rules requiring the wearing of masks that could include requiring students to mask. Of course OSHA applies to us. But guess who it doesn't apply to - public schools in our state. And we already have parents threatening to pull their children and go where the students aren't masked...

Linda - we have approximately 30 more days of school left. Our nurse keeps saying, "30 days people!", meaning you can put up with the masks for 30 more days. We have all these activities planned with lots of people in the building and all of our planning involved the assumption that we would still be masked. And the worst thing - we are only doing this (1) to keep their children in school and (2) to keep their children safe. And they hate us for it. Sigh.

Donna - I know what you mean. Workmen coming in my house wear a mask, as do we. The Bank thing does not surprise me. My Head of School and I met with the President of this Bank back in November or so - when it was at it's worst here with morgue trucks in the hospital parking lots and 40 to 50% hospitalization from CoVid rates - and he didn't wear a mask. I kept mine on. I am so annoyed because the public schools have these advantages - they can't be sued if an employee or child gets sick and dies from Covid, they don't have to comply with OSHA workplace safety rules, etc. - and we do.

Carol
Old 04-16-21, 07:55 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

D&A Functional Cardio Blast - 30min
JS Cardio Party - 30min. This one is from 6 Week Transformation set.

I've decided not to purchase the Walk Across America set - at least for the time being. Even with the scenery, I don't need 50 walking workouts. Besides, if I have to think about it so much to decide - I don't need it. Learned that from past experience.

I'm feeling good today and want to run some errands so I don't have to do it tomorrow when everyone is out.

Everyone, and I mean everyone here wears a mask. It's required, but also probably out of a respect for other people and their right to remain healthy. Some people still don't get that it's not all about THEM or the government, but about the health of others and being able to finally beat this thing so that we all can move forward.

Hope everyone has a great day. Waves to all!
Old 04-16-21, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post

Everyone, and I mean everyone here wears a mask. It's required, but also probably out of a respect for other people and their right to remain healthy. Some people still don't get that it's not all about THEM or the government, but about the health of others and being able to finally beat this thing so that we all can move forward.
Well said, Dana! I don't know what to say, the state of the world is pretty bad right now - this should never have been about politics.....but everything is - down to whether the sky is blue or not...
Old 04-16-21, 08:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

Workouts so far....

Yesterday evening DD and I took a walk - it was a very windy evening! I didn't realize it until we started walking - but we got through it.

Today was Prehab on Jessica's WS 1.0 rotation - so, for my prehab, I did:

Jessica Valent - Herniated Disc Practice, Sciatica Practice and Scoliosis Practice

I hope to walk later today!

Carol - I agree, that is just a tough position to be in.

Dana - I think i am going to pick up the March Across America set, I do enjoy Jenny's workouts quite a bit...

Linda - your routines are always inspiring to me!

I hope Christine and Cheri can pop back in.

Waves, Brenda!

Donna
Old 04-16-21, 06:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts:

Pahla B - March #2 - Shoulder Friendly Cardio - 22 minutes;
Trifecta Pilates - 7 Day At Home Pilates Challenge - Day 1 Core Pilates Workout for Beginners - 15 minutes

Enjoyed them both. I'm thinking about putting some of the Pilates Nest downloads that I have onto DVDs or just on my iPad. I miss Smriti's pilates - she was easy for me to make myself do.

Donna - Nice workouts! I'm enjoying Jenny's set even though I don't do them every day. I may buy her Step Across America set as well, even though I don't do a lot of step these days. I bet I could do them on the floor, no problem.

Dana - People here are over the top on not letting anyone else tell them what to do. I've heard some say that wearing a mask directly conflicts with their spiritual values. I always thought we were supposed to treat others the way we wanted to be treated - makes me want to ask "what part of your spiritual values says you can be an inconsiderate jerk?" Where is Mr. Rolly Eyes when you need him? I'm so tired of this struggle.

Hoping for a better mood tomorrow!

Carol