Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-14-21, 07:03 AM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I don't remember what my prescription is. My eye doctor keeps hoping he can finally get ones that are strong enough for me. Maybe they just can't be strong enough in the kind I like? I'm not sure. Many years ago I tried some kind that I hated bc they just made my eyes feel sticky or smthg. Glad they have you try a pair before you buy what you need! When my mom, who was also very nearsighted, had her cataract surgery, she had to wear only one contact afterwards. I can't remember exactly why. My grandparents both had cataracts removed and both still wore glasses after but I don't know the specifics of why or if they had a different type of removal or what. All I know is everyone was happier to see better! Hoping your appt goes well and that you can be free of corrective lenses.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 12:50 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was ICE Bootcamp with blizzard blast + AM Yoga for your week PM Release segment.

Karjoy - I think our cases were something like 1400 yesterday for the entire state. About 39% of the state has received at least one dose of the vaccine so we're doing relatively well.

Vannie - I hope you are doing better today.

Cher - When is your doctor's appointment? You weren't kidding about your eyesight!

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 01:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, JB. I'm up and down, okay one moment and crying the next. But it's okay. Hard times make us appreciate good times all the more. It's hard being home alone and away from my family but I am texting with them and being easy with myself today, watching the Twins doubleheader, wearing sweats and the sweatshirt she bought me her last Christmas, burning one of her candles and wearing her lotion. I plan to bake cookies after while.

Tmrw I'm helping my friend with some moving that's left and I think that's good. I enjoy time with her and it also won't allow me to slog through a second day in a row so I don't sink into sadness. I know I will be okay.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-15-21, 05:30 AM  
Cher

Never ended up doing a workout yesterday. I was to tired before WW to exercise and thought I would go for a walk or something later in the afternoon but it was to chilly outside.

My appointment is 1:40 this afternoon. They said it 2-1/2 hours and DH will have to sit in the car all that time to wait.

JBliff - We only have about 25% with at least one vaccine dose.

Vannie - ((Hugs))
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 08:11 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I believe I read last night that Florida has 21% of its population that has been fully vaccinated and 37% have had one vaccine. We have a population of about 22 million! Still, cases in our county are rising some. We have a lot of the variant strains here in Fl too. In our county we have had 12 proven cases of Covid + people who had been fully vaccinated and were 2 weeks or more past second shot when they tested positive. Their percentage is very small but helps hammer in the point that the vaccine is not 100% effective. Masks all the way!

I did a 45 minute progression treadmill run with my Peloton ap tonight and really enjoyed it. I ran 5 miles with Heather yesterday. Did some front lunges with a 30# barbell tonight and a few sets of squats yesterday with that same barbell.

Jbliff sounds like your state is progressing well with vaccinations. If only getting rid of the virus depended only on vaccines.

Vannie glad you will keep occupied by helping a friend tomorrow. Hope it brings good vibes.

Cher please let us know what the eye doc says.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 05:38 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was 4DS Low Impact Step Weight Circuit premix....skipping the blasts and core but adding another set of rows and chest presses and doing bicep curls instead of wrist curls because that was what I felt I needed to do.

My eye doctor appt went well and I’m going to have the cataract surgery on my right eye on May 17 and my left eye on May 28. Since I decided to do the laser one instead of manual surgery, they have to do another measurement of something before the surgery. This again would require not having contacts in for a week to have done. So, rather than do the week with no contacts thing all over again for a separate week before the measurement, I asked if I could do it yesterday while I was there; but, since my eyes were already dilated by this point they said they couldn’t do it right then so she suggested I come back this morning. So, I left my contacts out again last tonight and can put them in this morning after I go. My appointment is 9 am. However, I will have to leave my contacts out for a week again before the surgery but when I’m all done with both eyes, I shouldn’t need contacts or glasses so just want to get this done and out of the way before my summer really starts.

Karen - Ugh, how disappointing about the 12 Covid cases of people who were vaccinated. That is so discouraging.
Old 04-16-21, 10:12 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk in the morning and ICE Metabolic Blast + Step Boss Extended Stretch in the afternoon.

Cher - I'm glad the eye appointment went well. It sure would be nice not to have to wear contacts or glasses once you're all done. Are you getting a multi-focal lens or a regular lens?

Vannie - I'm glad you have some other distractions and helping out a friend is a pretty nice distraction.

Karjoy
- I've been reading about vaccinated people getting COVID too. I wonder if they were still being fairly careful or just hanging out with everyone without a mask. Florida has a lot more people than Virginia. We only have under 9M people.

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 05:12 PM  
Vantreesta

No! Well that's the first time I got the 500 error on my phone. I guess I'll try to retype and post later since I'm out of time right now. So irritated.

Old 04-17-21, 06:24 AM  
Cher

No workout yesterday since I had the eye doctor appointment early. Afterwards we got some errands done. I slept crappy the night before so by the time I got home, a workout wasn’t happening.

JBliff - I think I’m getting regular lenses but with mono vision since that is how my contacts have been for about the past 5 years and I’ve been doing okay with that. (Left eye for reading, right eye for distance). This is what the doctor suggested. I’m still debating if I should call them back and ask more about the multi-focal lense. The doctor seem to think I didn’t need that since I’ve had mono vision. The multi-focal is more expensive but I never asked how much more. From what gather, they only put the multi-focal in your dominate eye and your non-dominate eye gets a regular lense. I did chose to get it done with the laser instead of manual and that is an additional $1700 PER EYE! (Plus the other costs of the doctor, etc up to my deductible). Insurance does not cover anything with the laser. But, they said the laser is more precise, recovery is easier, it will correct the stigmatism in both my eyes (which manual will not) and easier to get the cataract out. I have to say though, I’m a little freaked out about the whole process of having it done.

Vannie - I hate when that happens! So irritating!
Old 04-17-21, 09:49 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Quick post. I just volunteered for a few hours at Red Hills Triathlon this morning which was fun. I handed out water. Even though we were outside we wore masks and gloves the whole time, changing gloves as needed. We had a good turnout. All athletes had to wear masks till they started their swim and the everyone is spread out. Had to walk a couple miles total to and from parking.

Gonna do a quick tread mill run and then I have to go drive about an hour and a half to attend a friend’s daughter’s wedding.

I hope everyone has a good start to the weekend. It was raining when the race first started at 0730 but it soon stopped and now the sun is out. See ya tomorrow.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote