Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-08-21, 10:22 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
It's like getting water up my nose in the pool, lol.
Sherry, that's exactly what I said to DH the first time I used it. lol. I've gotten used to it(sort of) but I'm glad I don't feel like I have to use it every day any more.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 06:31 PM  
Vantreesta

We had about a week of 70s and even got to at least 84 one day but back in the 50s for a while and it has been rainy this week. I've been dealing with foot pain at the base of the fifth metatarsal. I'm hoping I haven't let it go too long and caused any damage. I'm pretty sure it's an issue of mechanics and shoes. In the fall I put off getting new walking shoes and then forgot about needing new ones until I walked a week or two rotating old ones and my feet started hurting. I bought a new pair this week. The pain is mostly just my right foot, which is also the one that has had tarsal tunnel syndrome and the worse of the two for plantar fasciitis in the past. I'll get arch support insoles for my new shoes and start doing Jill Miller's foot exercises to strengthen my feet after not walking barefoot all winter. I have a chiro appt this week and will talk to him about it. He has adjusted that ankle for me each year when I start running outside again. This is the first year it hasn't felt jammed resuming street running and I wonder if the jumping rope helped that.

I don't remember when i lasted posted workouts. There have been too many light and rest days. Last wknd we played D&D on Saturday and on Sunday I helped those same friends with moving, even though it was Easter. Monday I know I ran and did my Caroline Jordan and Helen Clare warmup and cooldown, and I think I did Kassandra's yoga. Tuesday I think I just did Kassandra's AM and PM yoga challenges. Wednesday I went to my friend's for lunch and we sat and gabbed for three hours and then I had grief group so no workouts at all that day. Yesterday I did glute activation, SUAT workout 5, Triple Threat Running upper body (a virgin that didn't super impress me but my chest and shoulders are sore today) and Kassandra's AM yoga and day 25 of Lesley Fightmaster beginner's challenge. Today I did Kassandra's AM yoga and then got groceries. I don't know how the days go by so fast. The only tri training I have done this week was the run.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 09:21 AM  
Catahoula Cate

70's and 80's sound nice Vannie! Even if temporary at this point. We are having a very blustery day w/snow squalls and wind gusts. I plan on spending as little time outside as possible. I hope your chiro can help out with your foot. Are Jill's exercises helping?

Do The Next Thing!
Old 04-12-21, 07:50 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Yesterday, the cold and wind did deliver so no walks but I did three short segments from three different yoga dvds. Barbara Benagh, Yoga for Stress Relief passive neck relaxation, Ravi and Ana, Posture Primer, and Jill Miller YTU Quick Fix for finger, wrists and elbows. I have used the Barbara Benagh practice so much that the dvd sticks now and I'm going to replace it. I got some excellent results from the posture primer practice that I plan to do that one again today. We are still very windy and chilly so I may try to dust more dvd's off and try some other ones.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 04-12-21, 08:06 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catahoula Cate View Post
Yesterday, the cold and wind did deliver so no walks but I did three short segments from three different yoga dvds. Barbara Benagh, Yoga for Stress Relief passive neck relaxation, Ravi and Ana, Posture Primer, and Jill Miller YTU Quick Fix for finger, wrists and elbows. I have used the Barbara Benagh practice so much that the dvd sticks now and I'm going to replace it. I got some excellent results from the posture primer practice that I plan to do that one again today. We are still very windy and chilly so I may try to dust more dvd's off and try some other ones.
Katie, is that the Barbara one I asked about a few weeks ago? If so I can send you that extra copy I picked up accidentally. I haven't checked to make sure it works yet though.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 04-12-21, 01:24 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Hi Vannie, I think it is! Yoga for Stress Relief (with 20+ easy to follow routines for common stress related issues). I would love to take you up on that.
I did try my dvd lens cleaner in case that was the issue but it didn't help. Let me know cost&S&H. Thanks!

Another very blustery day with snow squalls and a lot of wind. We had homemade chili last night and watched a movie. I'm out a little more with the dogs today but not by much and they don't seem to mind, even the active puppy. I'm going to do posture primer again with Ravi and Ana and not sure what else...I'll have to go into my dvd vault and dust one off.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 04-12-21, 01:41 PM  
Leonana

I did Total Body from Jessica's Walk Strong 1 this morning. I used heavier weights than I used to use with it, so I feel pretty worked out.

Katie, I hope it warms up for you soon. We are in the low 90's here! It still feels cool to me, since the lows are in the 60's. I'm enjoying the weather lately, but not looking forward to triple digits.

Vannie, I hope your foot is feeling better. My lower back has been sore lately. I think it's because I've been using two pillows at night because of my sinus. It's back to one pillow, and some yoga this evening.
Old 04-13-21, 07:17 AM  
Vantreesta

Just saying hello. I knew this week would be a tough one but I just don't feel like chatting. Yesterday was my parents' anniversary, today is a year since my mom went into the hospital and tmrw is a year that she's been gone. I feel so guilty that I'm at home instead of with my dad for this.

Sunday I made myself do a 30 minute Leslie. Yesterday I did Kassandra's AM yoga day 6, Jill's feet & ankles 10 min quick fix, Caroline's HHT exercises, Helen's piriformis exercises, ran 1.2 mi in the cold wind (it was a compromise btwn doing the planned 10k session and nothing) and finished with Helen's post-run routine. Sounds like a lot but each thing was under 15 min.

Old 04-13-21, 10:40 AM  
Leonana

Sending prayers and hugs your way, Vannie. Hard to believe it’s been a year already.
Old 04-13-21, 10:45 AM  
Vantreesta

Thank you, Sherry. Yes, it is. I don't know how it's possible a year is gone.