Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-28-21, 12:36 PM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of March 28

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was MMA Boxing.

We are having great weather this weekend. I am enjoying the early spring warmth.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 01:32 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

JB: Enjoy the great weather! We are sunny but cold and windy. Brrr.

Check in: Still exhausted from DD's wedding last Sunday. It was such a busy day. My workouts have been lackluster all week. I think some of it is probably depression from everything - especially now that DD has moved out and it's just me and the cat. Work is busy. I still miss DH with all of my heart. Some days are worse than others.

Workout today was Rick Bhullar's Uplifting Walk and Abs Walk. SO tired today. I almost didn't work out My cousin and his wife invited me to dinner with some of her former work friends last night. It was nice but the wind was wicked (we sat outside) and I have some irritation in one eye that I'm sure is from the wind. But it was nice and it got me out of house. A friend also had me over Friday evening for dinner. She went a lot of trouble to treat me to special meal at her new apartment.

Here is a link to a few of the wedding pics a friend took for me. She is handicapped so some are taken from a seated position, but they turned out great. I can't wait to see the photographer's photos. https://photos.app.goo.gl/rmfMYmoE1vbfbkA6A
(And if you must know... I hated my hair. DD talked me into having someone style it... I should have left it alone the way I had it that morning. But, it's over and everything turned out great, so I'm fine with it now. LOL!) The first photo is DD in her rehearsal dress. It was so cute! I lit a candle for DH and DD placed his boutineer next to it when she walked up the aisle. I took a couple of shots of them on the wall outside of the hotel after the evening was over. They were so much more relax. I also gave DD a dozen red roses from her Dad as he requested.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 05:18 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Glad you are having nice weather Jbliff. It’s been hot here but a front is
coming through this evening so it will cool down into the 70s soon and looks like
it may stay a while thank heavens. Resting today and ran 8 miles yesterday.

Gibbee I loved the pictures. Your daughter and her husband look so happy and they are both gorgeous too. Will they live pretty close to you? I thought your hair looked good and was not over styled. That was your brother right? I am glad you included Darrell in the ceremony.

I am a bit worried by Covid cases ticking up. Starting April 5th everyone 18 and older can get vaccinated so it seems like a race against time. Of course we have lots of spring breakers who think they are immortal. Sigh...

I am going to read some posts I missed and will try come back tonight.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 05:43 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher that’s great that you got a nicer cabin with your own hot tub! I am very happy for you guys. Here’s a helpful homemaker hint—take several masks for every family member in your bag or backpack. The papery ones might be a bit better. Cotton absorbs moisture, and if your cotton mask gets too damp it is no longer a proper barrier. This was pointed out to me by a friend who is an OR nurse. Of course I bet Disney will have free masks everywhere as most businesses here do.

Jbliff that’s weird that you guys are still just doing 65 and up. Florida has been terrible about masks but excellent with the vaccine rollout. It is actually April 5 for 18 and up and 40 and over starting tomorrow.

Miss you Vannie!
Old 03-29-21, 08:18 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. I got almost no sleep Saturday night so I was seriously dragging Sunday. I did manage to clean the house and also did 4DS Kickbox and Legs, skipping the ab work.

Gibbee - Great to hear from you. Thanks for the pictures. Everyone looked great. Your hair looked fine to me. That's so sweet about the candle. I'm glad your friend treated you to a special meal.

Karjoy - DH is pretty peeved about having to wait until next month since just about everyone we know have been vaccinated one way or another. Virginia is top 4 in the country in terms of using the vaccines we are allocated, so I guess we're not allocated as many as Florida or other states. Our cases are ticking up too. Ugh.

Hi to Cher and Vannie. Have a good day, all.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 06:01 AM  
Cher

Workout Sunday was Piyo Fundamentals.....I thought it was going to be more of a workout but it ended up being just an instruction video. Yesterday was Jessica Smith’s 10 Minute Walk dvd....Powered Up Walk and Dance Walk and Piyo Lower Body.

Gibbee - Good to hear you are getting out a little with a friend or two instead of just getting out to go to work. The wedding must’ve been hard for you and Alex without DH there in person but I’m sure he was there in spirit. I love how you lit the candle with his picture and Boutonniere for him on the table. I think your hair looks good and your dress is really nice. Alex and her husband look nice too and look so cute together.

Karen - I’m a bit worried about the rise in Covid cases too. These young people just don’t care and I’m sure a lot of them will not bother to get vaccinated when they are eligible. I’m going to get Joseph on the vaccine list for the place that does the J&J vaccine which will probably still take a while to get in for....he’s not even eligible for it until April 5 in the first place and there is still a long list. He doesn’t want to get it but he will to appease me and so if he could get in where they do that one, it means only getting him to go one time and it’s drive thru so making it easy as possible.
We bought 2 boxes of 50 3-ply water resistant disposable masks to take with us. I didn’t want to have to bother washing a cloth mask, just toss the disposable and get a new one and if it broke or got lost, just get a new one. We will take a few extra for each of us while out during the day. Disney really doesn’t say if they have free or not. (Maybe in emergency situations). Of course I know they have character ones you can buy if you want or need to.

I also heard they weren’t using all the vaccines they were allotted to Ford Field in Detroit (remember where they were expecting all of of the Metro Detroit area residents to go). Dah.....people from out here did not want to drive downtown to get a vaccine! (For us that is about a 50 minute drive each way without construction or traffic....not happening)! They are now finally opening a couple centers in our county probably next week like they should have done in the first place.

JBliff - Good workout for dragging. I definitely understand DH’s aggravation with not being able to get the vaccine. It is still hard to get it here but hopefully it will soon get easier because a lot of these invincible young people are not going to go get it if it’s too difficult.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 12:18 PM  
Vantreesta

Post and run for now:

Wed 3/24 45 minutes
45 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.88 mi)

Thu 3/27 129 minutes
30 minutes (from 2.56 mi for 10k trainer wk5 day3/Zombies Run S3M32) WED
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) WED after run, time issues
86 minutes (from 3 dog walks 5.38 mi)

Fri 3/26 110 minutes
30 minutes (from S. Huckabee Firm BSS3 Express Cardio)
21 minutes (from L. Sansone Tone Every Zone Walk -Circuit Workout 1 Upper Body) WED 1st time
59 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.99 mi)

Sat 3/27 10 minutes
10 minutes (from 1 dog walks .66 mi) wasn't feeling well and rained most of the day

Sun 3/28 50 minutes
50 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.25 mi)

Mon 3/29 199 minutes
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT) MON
34 minutes (from 2.78 mi for 10k trainer wk6 day1/Twins) MON
9 minutes (from H. Clare Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT) MON
8 minutes (from H. Clare Quick Post-run Yoga Routine, YT) MON
12 minutes (from L. Brooks Shut Up and Train workout 4) MON
10 minutes (from B. Hoebel 20 Minute Body -BPS Booty & Abs bonus) MON 1st time
32 minutes (from Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 24, YT) MON 1st time
81 minutes (from 3 dog walks 5.21 mi)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 08:09 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

I ran 5 miles with 3 safe buddies this morning. Well, we planned 5 miles and made it to 4 because it was raining when we started and then it started lightning. We hightailed it back to our cars . I did some upper body with Cathe band tonight. I only have one Cathe band, a blue one, which seems medium tension. I would like a heavy and a light too.

Vannie I really enjoy reading about your workouts. You have great ideas.

Waves to all.
Old 03-31-21, 06:25 AM  
Cher

Yesterday was Leslie’s Brisk & Steady 10 minute walk and Piyo Upper Body. I’ve decided I don’t like Piyo and should’ve stuck with my original thought about it years ago and not try to reacquire it.

Vannie - Good workouts

Karen - Bummer your run couldn’t finish your run. I really like all my Cathe Bands.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 09:14 AM  
Vantreesta

I am finding myself still feeling just tired and blah. I hardly got any housework done last week and nothing yet this week so I think I will take a rest day from workouts and just work on the house and getting my goals and spreadsheets ready for April. I already feel a sense of relief with this decision. I set my goals way too high for myself sometimes. I am rethinking workouts bc I just have too much scheduled in a day, not for physical ability but for time required.

Tue 3/30 0 minutes
15 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge days 13 and 14) TUE
16 minutes (from Crossrope Muscle Up March day 1) MON
10 minutes (from 1.882 mi on bike trainer/Ambient Through the Rainforest -Rainforest Lane) TUE 1st time
10 minutes (from 10MS Tighten & Tone Pilates -Tightened & Toned Core) TUE
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote