Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-21, 08:32 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of March 21

I didn't work out yesterday since I had been up since 1 a.m. and just couldn't muster the energy.

Karjoy - I've been reading about the people on Spring Break in South Florida gathering in big groups with no masks, trashing restaurants and breaking into fights so that South Miami Beach has now imposed a curfew. I hope we don't get another outbreak of COVID in Florida. At least the vaccination seems to be going well there.

Cher - When do you go to Florida?

Hi to everyone. Have a good Sunday.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 12:20 PM  
Vantreesta

My idea of doing fun workouts to save the week didn't pan out. I was going to workout after I ran errands yesterday but all I wanted to do was snuggle Cyric and then hubby got home from work so it didn't happen. We went out for supper and for some reason I got a bad headache while we were out, bad enough that I didn't even wait to see if it would get better before taking anything for it. The ibuprofen helped but the headache was back when the meds wore off so I ended up taking more before bed. It's still bad today. I took Aleve and ibuprofen this morning and have been trying to do neck stretches to help but ugh. I may try some peppermint tea. I hate taking so many NSAIDs. I have my workouts planned out for the week and am looking forward to them. Hopefully my body will cooperate!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 08:15 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 55 minutes on the elliptical and Total Body Stretching basic stretch segment.

Vannie - I hope your headache is better today. It sounds awful to be in pain for so long.

Have a good day, all.
Old 03-22-21, 06:52 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff, you’re right. Here goes Florida all over again, being the bad boy and partying like crazy again. The sad thing is that a lot of these folks don’t live here and may be taking Covid home with them. Thank goodness the mayor has established a curfew but who knows how well that will work?

Vannie I hope your headache is better. My DH has migraines so I can sympathize.
Maybe you can begin your fun workouts in a day or 2.

I am officially tapering which means resting more and running less miles to let your body recover and get strong for the race. Rested yesterday and today except for some band work.

Gibbee I saw the wedding pics on FB. Alex and her hubby look so very sweet and happy! I was thinking about you all. I know it must be bittersweet without Darrell. Hugs!

Cher, yes are you coming to Florida this year? I promise we are not all Covid idiots and I believe you could safely vacation here with care.

Thank goodness Monday is over.
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 11:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys. The headache persisted this morning but I didn't take anything for it. It wasn't as bad as the wknd and I decided I wasn't losing another day to it so I went about my day and it finally did go away. I did sleep in some so wasn't able to do everything I wanted (with workouts and chores) but this afternoon I did Caroline's hamstring exercises, ran 2.59 mi of intervals for wk5 day2 in great weather while listening to my Twins play, then I did a couple videos from a YouTube channel I found last wknd. I think it's called Run Better With Yoga. I did her Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome and Quick Post-run Yoga Routine. I liked both. I thought I could do kettlebells and weights after our second walk before I started supper but time was slipping away and I decided I better get supper started. Good choice since hubby actually got home at a decent time today!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-23-21, 06:59 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Good workouts Vannie! Glad your headache faded out sort of.

Today I was supposed to run but for some reason I felt terribly stiff so I did a 30 minute brisk walk and lots of stretching and feel better. Decided to run with a couple friends in am.

Jbliff it’s gonna be close to the 90s for a few days end of this week before becoming coolish again. Pray for us.

Is it just me or are people driving crazier than ever? Every day on my main routes people are speeding mightily and tailgating. Sheesh...
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-21, 11:09 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I'm always complaining about people here not knowing what stop signs are. I cannot believe how many people barely slow down enough to turn. If there are no other cars, apparently stop signs go invisible. It makes me so mad! On the flip side though, it seems like more drivers are more aware of pedestrians, at least where we're been walking, so I'm thankful for that. 90s, ugh! I am quite happy with our 40s and 50s!

This morning before cleaning and breakfast I did day 12 of the Qi Gong challenge and the last two segments of 10MS Pilates. After we walked I did Caroline's 15-Minute Glute Activation, Shut Up & Train workout 3 and then, wait for it...22 minutes on the bike! I put on my next Zombies Run mission and said ride till it's done! (I did check how long it was first. ) My butt and thighs were still burning but I enjoyed it more this time. Then I took the shrinkwrap off Jiliian Michaels' Hot Body Healthy Mommy and did the upper body segment (which, by the way, was really total body and 27 minutes rather than the 20 she claimed.) I should have stretched but it was like 2:45 and I was beyond ready for lunch.

Old 03-24-21, 05:11 AM  
Cher

orry I’ve been missing this week. Mornings have been crazy. I found out Rite-Aid here got vaccines in so after trying and trying online, I finally was able to get my sister an appointment and also one for myself here in town and a week earlier than the county appointment I had which I can now cancel. So, got my vaccine last night. Holy crap! My arm is really sore today. I can barely move it. So no strength workout today. 😉

We’ve had upper 50’s/low 60’s for highs everyday since Saturday so did a 30 minute walk every day and on Monday I also did JS L&S Compound Strength (one set each exercise)

I’m so irritated with WW. Apparently Michigan’s WW was separate from WW International and they now sold to WW International and our WW coach posted in our Facebook group that effectively immediately they closed all WW in the state except 10 of them. So now the closest one to me is 15 miles. I can’t see myself going out there every week and virtual meetings suck so I will have to try to figure out how to stay motivated. I had so many friends at our local WW that it really irritates me.....not to mention all the staff that I knew and are now out of jobs. At least we still have our Facebook group. Since I’m a Lifetime member, I will have to drive out there once a month to weigh-in and stay below my goal in order to keep the WW app for free. We’ll see how this goes.

JBliff & Karen - We are supposed to leave May 1 for Florida. It’s got me a little nervous but I get my second vaccine on April 20 so my trip is just short by a couple days of my 2 weeks after my 2nd vaccine. Plus we are going to Disney and from what I understand you have to wear masks everywhere except in your room, actively eating or drinking and swimming. Plus you have to wear them in the airports and on the planes so overall I hope it’s okay.

Vannie - Glad your headache got better. It sounds awful. Good workouts!

Waves Gibbee - Such nice pictures of DD wedding.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-21, 02:02 PM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Fit Split Boxing/Legs & Glutes + an episode of Essentrics focusing on quad strength.

Cher
- Yay on getting the vaccine appointments. The sore arm is pretty common. I even get that after a flu shot. I'm glad you'll get your second shot before you go on vacation.

Karjoy - It's crazy so many people are turning down vaccinations in Alabama that the state is giving it to anyone. When I went to the dentist Tuesday the dental technician told me she wasn't going to take the vaccine because she didn't trust it. I had to bite my tongue not to say anything, especially after she heard the dentist say he was so relieved to get his shot.

Vannie - Glad you enjoyed your session on the bike! Did everything get fixed the way you wanted?

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 03-25-21, 06:29 AM  
Cher

I ended up just going for about a 30 minute walk yesterday. My arm is feeling much better today. It still hurts but this is more like I was expecting it to hurt like.

One of the vaccine lists I was on from a month ago called me yesterday and I told them I just got imy vaccine the day before. I was a little bummed because they were giving the J&J one so I could have just got one dose and still been good for vacation. Oh well, I ended up asking if my MIL and SIL could some how get my appointment and I explained the situation. She said they normally can’t schedule someone that wasn’t on the list but since I didn’t need it and my MIL is 84 and still hasn’t gotten her vaccine, she gave them an appointment for Friday and sense my SIL is my MIL’s caregiver she can get it too. This is really the only way my MIL would be able to get the vaccine sense this one is a drive-up one so my SIL won’t have to get my MIL out of the car. (She can’t without help). So, my SIL’s boyfriend will come home at lunch and get my MIL in the car for her and my my SIL take them to get the vaccines.

JBliff - I’m dreading getting that 2nd shot. My arm felt way more sore than I expected with everyone say it was a little sore. It wasn’t a little sore - it was ALOT sore! It felt like someone punched me as hard as they could with their knuckles right on my muscle. . I think people are nuts refusing the vaccine. In my opinion, it’s something you have to do whether you want to or not.

Waves to every else!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote