Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-20, 10:12 AM  
slockhart

Just boxing?/Michael Olajide JR

HI all,
I've been suffering for months now from a glute/hamstring injury? I don't know exactly what I did. Kickboxing is my favorite cardio but it really aggravates my condition to kick

I've been looking at some Michael Olajide workouts and wondering who has done them and what you thought?

Thanks
Stacey
slockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 10:46 AM  
wlorrie

I love his workouts! I have a few of his stuff, but I have not done them in a while since I moved to a second floor apartment. The ones I have do have a quite a bit of squats and jump roping. If those moves bother your hamstrings, I'd hold off until you recover. If I recall correctly, Aeropower Round 1 has upper body weights with jump rope intervals. You can always do the upper body stuff and punch/box during the jump rope section. Also, Savage from Savage and Serene had some killer punching/boxing sections followed by lower body work. You could probably bounce, jog or walk in place during the lower body part.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 11:07 AM  
horusosiris

I also agree with AeroPower - Round 1
AeroBox also has some challenging upper body boxing sequences (you can modifiy or skip the jump rope sequences).
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 04:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

KCM has several workouts and premixes with just punching. TLC comes to mind.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, boxing workouts, michael olajide, michael olajide jr