Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-18, 10:31 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
I have now done all the workouts in this set. To me they are easier than most of Kelly's previous offerings, but I am not complaining. I will put them into my rotation - they are good workouts but not outstanding in any way. I am one who is not bothered if a "30 minute workout" is 24 minutes or 34 minutes, I'd much rather an instructor be done when they're done rather than some of (for example) Billy Blanks's offerings where obviously he has run out of stuff to do at around the 50-minute mark and he starts dancing around and improvising to fill up the whole hour. I would rather be done when it's done and move along to the next part of my day.
hmm...this an the Amazon sales price has me intrigued! off to see the clips!

donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-18, 10:55 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I bought this on preorder but haven't tried it yet since I was doing Walk Strong 3. I need a break from WS3 so I'm planning a Build & Burn week next week and just wanted to say I appreciate all the information in all your posts!

I think I'll enjoy these, and will plan to add on yoga or cardio each day.
Just remember to count your reps/sets!! My biggest pet peeve with this set isn't the timeframes, it's the uneven reps/incomplete sets. I don't have all Kelly's offerings, but the ones I acquired of her latest workouts, I really noticed this...
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-18, 10:33 AM  
jenn38

Does anyone know how long the price will last on Amazon?
Old 01-22-18, 07:41 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

AnMrsDe: I sometimes struggle with timed sets in workouts where it’s AMRAP in that time period. I like to be even on weight exercises in particular. I will usually do a workout 1-2x as is. Then I figure out where the counts are off by more than a couple of reps and adjust my speed at home since they can’t see what I am doing. Plus I am making the workout work for me, especially if the speed is too fast for the weight I am using. Kettlebell workouts are often like this in terms of time focused instead of rep focused. I just do the same type of process. Just think though - a couple of reps off isn’t as much of an issue as compared to several sets off... thinking Billy Blanks here.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 02:59 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

My favorite is the Kettlebell and Kickboxing workout. I want to try the pre-mix with KB/KB and Legs now because of the reviews.

The rest are o.k. but not really what I expected. My second favorite is the Core Cardio one. I thought the Legs one would be a mix of weights with tabata cardio interval circuits similar to something Cathe would do. So first, you would do weighted lunges and then alternate it with plyo lunges.

I didn't know that Trim & Tone intervals would have weight intervals. I thought this would be a cardio HiiT workout.

So I think my expectations were different. I like the workouts well enough but I'm glad that I paid the pre-order price. Glad others can enjoy the Amazon price.
Old 01-22-18, 09:31 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
AnMrsDe: I sometimes struggle with timed sets in workouts where it’s AMRAP in that time period. I like to be even on weight exercises in particular. I will usually do a workout 1-2x as is. Then I figure out where the counts are off by more than a couple of reps and adjust my speed at home since they can’t see what I am doing. Plus I am making the workout work for me, especially if the speed is too fast for the weight I am using. Kettlebell workouts are often like this in terms of time focused instead of rep focused. I just do the same type of process. Just think though - a couple of reps off isn’t as much of an issue as compared to several sets off... thinking Billy Blanks here.
I understand what you’re saying. I guess I didn’t think of these workouts as an AMRAP format. The unevenness was more noticeable in certain workouts as others in this set. I also noticed it in Lean Body Circuits....when that bell rang and Kelly was in mid-combo....she didn’t even finish it! What the heck?? Drove me crazy!! Maybe I’m just used to Cathe’s preciseness in reps and sets...?
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-18, 10:10 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

AnMrsDe: Cathe does tend to be pretty good about reps but I do catch her now and then being off by 1 or 2. Not often, but it does happen. Lol!

In LBC that does happen on an exercise or two but I finish it out. It's just me being me.

Helen S: Have you tried her RAW lower body w/ kettlebells on YouTube? I that workout. You might enjoy it.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-18, 07:14 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
My favorite is the Kettlebell and Kickboxing workout. I want to try the pre-mix with KB/KB and Legs now because of the reviews.

The rest are o.k. but not really what I expected. My second favorite is the Core Cardio one. I thought the Legs one would be a mix of weights with tabata cardio interval circuits similar to something Cathe would do. So first, you would do weighted lunges and then alternate it with plyo lunges.

I didn't know that Trim & Tone intervals would have weight intervals. I thought this would be a cardio HiiT workout.

So I think my expectations were different. I like the workouts well enough but I'm glad that I paid the pre-order price. Glad others can enjoy the Amazon price.
Helen - I think we may have been thinking about the same thing.

I tried the Legs/KB/KB premix and like it better than just legs alone but I think what drives me nutty is all the repeating in the leg workout. KB/KB does break that up. So I probably will do it this way from now on. I know I will miss some of the exercises but I want to enjoy the workout.

I haven't done Core Cardio by itself. I tried the core cardio/upper premix and wasn't enjoying the cardio much so I went to just the upper body and I did like this one. I may have to try core cardio but have to be in the mood for it.

I will play with other premixes and see about them.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-18, 11:10 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
Helen - I think we may have been thinking about the same thing.

I tried the Legs/KB/KB premix and like it better than just legs alone but I think what drives me nutty is all the repeating in the leg workout. KB/KB does break that up. So I probably will do it this way from now on. I know I will miss some of the exercises but I want to enjoy the workout.

I haven't done Core Cardio by itself. I tried the core cardio/upper premix and wasn't enjoying the cardio much so I went to just the upper body and I did like this one. I may have to try core cardio but have to be in the mood for it.

I will play with other premixes and see about them.
I'll try the core cardio/upper premix too. I've been into metabolic workouts so I thought the upper body workout was o.k. but I like to mix cardio in with my weight workouts.

Gibbee - I'll check out her KB & lower body workout on youtube too. I hope it's one of her free ones. Thanks.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.
Old 01-23-18, 01:37 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I didn't particularly like the Core Cardio/upper body premix but I like both stand-alone workouts a lot. Go figure.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build and burn, home gym intervals, kcm, kcm build and burn, kelly coffey-meyer, kettlebells