mrsyancy

why did i read this thread
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 03:52 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
Cannot help you as this is the best set i have ever done. I love every workout and am so down that tomorrow is an off Beast day. The workouts are simple and get the job done... they are not long. I see not a negative.. and i am seeing results already.
All of you positive, happy about Body Beast people need to stay away from this thread!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 04:01 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
why did i read this thread
My thoughts exactly.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 04:12 PM  
lovely4deb
VF Supporter

I just had to look

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...ast-workout.do
Old 07-09-12, 05:05 PM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

Sorry, but I absolutely love this set. Sagi gets the maxiumum done in a minimal amount of time. The workouts are short enough that you can tack on cardio, but still intense enough to give awesome strength and definition.

The only thing I can see bothering someone is that Sagi can sometimes have, for lack of a better way of putting it, a super macho weight lifter's attitude. At the same time, he is one of the most encouraging and supportive instructors on DVD, IMO. Does he refer to himself in the 3rd person? Yes. Does he talk a lot, I mean A LOT, about "getting beasty" and that his shirt is getting tight from the workouts? Yes. But he also incourages the heck out of you and he can be really funny. Also, the background boys are amazing! Sean (the blond) is my fave, but I also love Chris (Smiley) and Richard. They all work super hard, which pushes you to do the same.

I say that if you're looking for a serious weight lifting program, if you wanted to love STS but the workouts were too long, if you love drop sets, giant sets, and other lifting methods, and if you're willing to work hard then you should just buy the dang thing.

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 05:28 PM  
fit44

Sorry, I can't help you....this is my best purchase of all time!!!!!
I'm in week 3 of the rotation and I'm loving it! I can't wait to wake up for the next workout. I have doms every workout, but I have a full week to recover each body part.
Sagi says this is no girly, or Barbie workout ,and he is right. This is no fluff series, just straight forward old and some new school lifting.

Ditto everything Linda said about Sagi.
fit44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 06:16 PM  
steakhousegirl

I just talked myself out of this set two days ago!!

I have P90X.

I have P90X2

I have STS which I was planning to do again albeit in a shortened version.

I want to slap all of you!!

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 06:20 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhousegirl View Post
I just talked myself out of this set two days ago!!

I have P90X.

I have P90X2

I have STS which I was planning to do again albeit in a shortened version.

I want to slap all of you!!
Well...I have P90X, but neither of the others. I haven't bought much in a while because I was busy being pregnant, having babies, being pregnant again...

So maybe I should just go ahead and get it! I've been looking forever for simple, heavy lifting. I looked at STS over and over and finally decided they're just too long.

Oh, and I've had P90X multiple times. My current set was purchased during my last pregnancy (DS is now a year old) and I still haven't used it. Why? Because they're TOO LONG. Are we seeing a theme here?

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-12, 06:44 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
I'm in week 3 of the rotation and I'm loving it! I can't wait to wake up for the next workout.
Yes! I've really been struggling with menopause and the hormones I was taking made me worse instead of better. Instead of intermittent fatigue, I was suffering fatigue every minute of every day and didn't want to work out anymore. Since the clinic changed my prescription I'm doing much better but I've gotten so mentally and emotionally fatigued by the whole experience (not to mention being demoralized over the continuing weight gain ) that I just didn't want to do anything. But the Beast workouts are sparking my interest in working out again and I'm actually looking forward to doing them. I don't know that I've ever worked this hard with a strength workout, unless it was STS, but I don't dread them at all.

As others have pointed out, they are macho workouts. Sagi is constantly asking you if you want to get big (uh, no Sagi, I'm a little too big as it is) but I just laugh. Except when he's telling someone to be quiet because the Beast is talking, I find him amusing.
Old 07-09-12, 07:02 PM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
...so I don't buy the set! Heavy, simple lifting sounds exactly what I've been looking for now and for a while. I love CLX even though I'm not much of a fan of Chalene herself.

Anyone? Someone tell me why I don't want these.
If you wait long enough, someone will say something negative. Look at all the people who bought STS and now are like "Too much equipment" and "Too long." You just have to weight for the novelty of the relationship to wear off, then we'll all start seeing flaws. That's the way love is.

Tags
body beast, heavy weights