Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-12, 08:36 AM  
Tugger31

Wink My LIS Results/Thoughts....

Some background....I've always had knee issues, avoid too much high impact, had to watch any treadmill jogging, lunges and squats b/c they would cause my knee to ache. I struggled to strengthen my quads.

For the last 6 weeks I've done nothing but a few of Cathe's LIS workouts....Supersets, LIS Step Challenge, AB and AT. (I did omit/modify all exercises that used the gliding discs b/c those were too slippery on my carpet and I felt unstable with them) I also did some walking and a little jogging on the treadmill. The last 2 weeks, I've been running faster and longer than ever before on my treadmill without a hint of knee pain! My quads are more firm with less jiggle and definitely feel stronger and again, NO knee pain!!

I'm not saying it's a direct result of this series but I've been working out with a variety of things for YEARS and my quads and knees have never felt better! Just wanted to share my experience!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 09:33 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

That's great news, Tugger! I have the LIS but I don't think I have done all of the workouts, nor any with any consistency. Maybe I'll have to pull out the series more often.

What is it about LIS that you think has helped you? Any ideas?
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 10:25 AM  
Tugger31

I'm not really sure, but I'm guessing the low impact and the consistent work to the lower body throughout all the workouts. That, and my modifying things I know would strain my knees. I'd venture to say it was also b/c I was doing less Jillian and less step workouts in general but even in the past when I had cut down on that, my quads never felt this strong and my jogs were never this pain free.

I also have noticed more definition in my shoulders and upper arms and I havent don much other non-LIS workouts for upper body in the past 6 weeks. I have done STS Upper Body premix once and then 2 weeks of STS Upper Body workouts, doing an STS upper body workout twice each of those weeks and that was about 4 weeks ago since those. My upper body continues to improve. I'm attributing that to the compound moves, the pushups and the sweat-fest these workouts still continue to give me.

This morning I did the AT Extreme premix followed by 4 sets of 35 situps and I'm feeling great!! Tired and sweaty, but accomplished
Old 06-30-12, 11:01 AM  
steakhousegirl

Great for you! I wound up trading the whole series because 2 weeks in my knees were so bad. It lasted for 3+ months.

I had high hopes for the series and enjoyed the workouts but alas.....

I'm happy for you.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 11:27 AM  
Sara1000

Steakhouse Girl, did you do the gliding?
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-12, 05:05 PM  
Tugger31

I think my knees would have hurt had I done the gliding.
Old 06-30-12, 05:29 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

That's fantastic Tugger31! I had to omit the gliding exercises as well for my knees. Actually, I can do horizontal moves (eg. mountain climbers) but not vertical ones (eg. disc jacks). Once I figured that out LIS was the best thing ever for my knees! Whenever I have been naughty and do too much high impact in a given week I can pull out AB, AT, or CSS...get an awesome sweaty workout and my knees feel right as rain! Lurve it!
Old 07-01-12, 01:50 PM  
steakhousegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
Steakhouse Girl, did you do the gliding?
Yes, because I like gliding. Never bothered me before in other workouts i.e. STS. But there is so much of it in LIS. I learned one thing: I will never order from Cathe directly again. They would not return my dvds even though they were advertised as joint friendly. I will order from Mary or QVC.

I think the killer for me was the repetitive step work. I could just feel the stress on my knees but stupidly I plowed ahead. I have never had knee pain like that. It took months for me to heal and 90 days of P90X2 to get my leg strength back.

Maybe I shouldn't have tried to do it as a whole rotation but Cathe put up a suggested rotation and I followed it. I love rotations.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
Old 07-01-12, 03:15 PM  
Sara1000

Thanks for the info - sorry you had such a long recovery. Cathe's company has the image of being really customer oriented but seem to be very stingy about returns for whatever reason.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-12, 05:59 PM  
steakhousegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
Thanks for the info - sorry you had such a long recovery. Cathe's company has the image of being really customer oriented but seem to be very stingy about returns for whatever reason.
That is too kind (description of Cathe's company). I had a bad dvd with that set and they blamed my dvd player but grudgingly replaced it.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad

Tags
cathe friedrich, low impact series