Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-12, 04:21 AM  
goldillocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiemouse View Post
I've managed to keep my goal weight for several years now and have chocolate daily. Just one small square, milk chocolate with crushed pretzel pieces in it. Like Cherimac said, it's great for craving control. I won't go pig out and eat a ton of anything sweet once I've had my little square, that's enough for me.
Exactly as long as I have my daily fix of chocolate I feel satisfied and feel no need to pig out and regret it later
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 04:40 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

I have never eaten "one small square" of any kind of chocolate .
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 04:49 AM  
goldillocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinalatina View Post
You can leave your dark chocolate with me safely. I dislike it so much I will leave it uneaten, despite the strongest cravings. In fact it's the only sweet my husband buys for himself, because he knows I dislike it so much and there will be some left for him, which is not the case for anything else that tastes sweet

For many years I thought I loved milk chocolate, and did lose large amounts of weight by eating a large bar as a meal replacement! However, as I have weaned myself (mostly) from it I realize that what I loved was the hazelnut praline filling many Greek chocolates have, and not the chocolate.

Hazelnut praline in any form is my weakness. I adore it. Nutella is my favorite taste in the world. Now could you please come up with research that says I'll lose body fat if I consume it daily???

Pretty please?
Oh yes Nutella hazelnut praline is my weakness too
I love to keep it in the fridge and have a teaspoon or two after my coffee.
I find I can control myself around any dark chocolate or normal milk chocolate bars but Leonidas Pralines are my favorites and they seem to disappear miraculously
That is why I treat myself to Leonidas on special occasions now and because they are expensive and I usually have a Milk Toblerone for my daily fix instead.
goldillocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 06:44 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I just sent this link to my husband. I have a "secret stash" of Dove dark chocolate pieces in the console of the living room sectional. After dinner, I have three pieces and make him move his arm off the console rest so I can get them, lol. He's always saying why don't you find another hiding place? But I've yet to come up with a better one that my 21 yr. old son won't find.

Kathy G

P.S. Unfortunately I'm not as thin as I'd like to be, so I'll go with another's assumption that I'd be bigger if I didn't eat the chocolate.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-12, 07:05 PM  
videofit

Best value for money is Trader Joe's one pound bars in the red wrapper. They are scored into half ounce squares and eating one is enough for me. I also like to chop it up and put it on toasted ezekiel bread with a tablespoon of almond butter as a filling but healthful treat.
Old 03-29-12, 07:44 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
Best value for money is Trader Joe's one pound bars in the red wrapper. They are scored into half ounce squares and eating one is enough for me. I also like to chop it up and put it on toasted ezekiel bread with a tablespoon of almond butter as a filling but healthful treat.
I carry this with me everyday! A good day is half a square. A 'bad' day is more than one. Lately I've been thinking they're a nice addition to breakfast. Maybe I should add a little caffeine to my decaf.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-12, 04:18 PM  
DejaDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltoro View Post
I am not in the "I eat one small square/piece of chocolate per day" club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqi A View Post
I have never eaten "one small square" of any kind of chocolate .

LOL!!! Two days ago for my birthday, a friend gave me a bag of dark chocolate-covered almonds and a bag of dark chocolate covered pomegranates. Today the almonds are totally gone and the pomegranates are halfway there!!

PS - I didn't have any help, either!
Old 03-31-12, 02:24 PM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippity View Post
Wheeee, and the best part of the entire article was that it didn't seem to matter how much chocolate was eaten...

Godiva Dark 72% with Almonds or Green and Black Organic Dark 85%.
Both of these are good!!! I also like that Italian chocolate ....pelegerino or something like that. Can't remember. I have eaten dark chocolate for years and I'm thin. LOVE dark chocolate.
Old 03-31-12, 02:34 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I get the Trader Joe's red-label dark chocolate too, but I eat three squares a day. If they didn't want me to eat three squares, they should not have made that the serving size.
Old 03-31-12, 03:05 PM  
steakhousegirl

I eat some form of chocolate daily. Mostly dark but others as well. I have also maintained my weight and am still thin. Don't know if this is the reason but I also work my butt off.

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote